“Ugh”

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Castleton
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Stopped in for a beer with my hubby while waiting for our car to be ready for pick up. Guy who waited on us at the bar acted like we were bothering him. First micro draft we ordered my available after all for my hubby. My beer came out in a bottle with no glass. He seemed annoyed when we asked for one. Plus it still feels dirty even though it has been non smoking for awhile. Great beer selection though and good thing the pizza is still good or we wouldn't be going back.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

Went once with my friend and had a fantastic time. Great beer choices, great service and the Hermanaki wings were the best chicken wings I had ever consumed. Talked it up for a month and finally went back with my wife and had one of the worst restaurant experiences of my life. The wings were not good and she ordered hummus that was barely edible. The service was awful despite it not being very busy. Then to boot, the server forged a higher tip on my credit card slip, which I caught when reviewing my bank information two days later.

I would have given the Ale Emporium a very low rating, but the manager talked to me when I called, refunded the tip, said she was going to take care of the server and sent us a gift certificate (though it did have a humorously soon expiration time of around 2 months). I can't hold them responsible for a single bad server and I'll let the food from the second visit slide as the Hermanaki wings were fantastic on my first visit. My wife refuses to return, but I will probably go back at some point.

1  Thank Brian K
Reviewed 14 January 2013

It's not the best location I admit - the parking lot can quickly fill up quickly so when you sit on the patio it leaves you with the impression of eating at a car dealership. That said, this place is awesome and well worth the trip. They stock an extensive and rotating selection of beer frequent specials and on the inside you can choose from 2 very distinctly styled bar environments (neighborhood pub or sports bar). The food is equally good and I'd give my nod especially to the pizza and wings. On this trip I had the Breakfast Burger which was good but could have been great if served on a bun instead of toast (personal preference). the coleslaw side was fine as well but I probably wouldn't order it again.

Reviewed 26 November 2012

This place has the finest beer list on the planet....They have Delirum Tremens Belgian!!! The food is good as well. The Hummus appetizer was enough for a full meal by itself!!!

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Top notch place, good service, good wings and TV's galore. They have a wide selection of beer. We also ordered pizza from there for lunch one day and that was good too.