“Always a hit”

Cuisines: American, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Castleton
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I live on the NE side of Indy and have been going here for years...so I'm excited to write a review! I've had many late night shenanigans at the front bar...the staff remembers you and knows your drink of choice. The back bar area that has been getting bigger and bigger is great for watching Colts and IU games. Oh and don't forget the food. Some of the best food in Indy. You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The owner/chef Herman really keeps the food fresh and delicious. WINGS. OMG Hermanaki WINGS. Pizza. DEEP DISH for days!!! Even the French fries are perfect here. Now I'm hungry...LOVE THE ALE!!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

A friend introduced me to this place several years ago. It's in a strip mall, so it's very unassuming. Open the door and it's a huge bar split into three sections.....with TVs everywhere for all the big games.

The food here is outstanding. You must have the hermanaki wings....they are the best in the city. Their chicken quesadillas are awesome as well. Honestly,move never had anything bad there.

They have a lot of beer on tap and the service is usually great. This is my go to place when I want to go out to watch a game somewhere. It can fill up quickly though so if you're going for a big game you need to plan accordingly.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Wings are excellent, service is excellent both Paul and Taylor,are,great servers. Pizza is huge and they have hundreds of beers on tap,and bottle. Pizza deep dish and thin crust are both very good. Plenty of TV with all sports. Great place to enjoy the game.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

On our way home from Chicago, my wife and I were looking for a place to stop and eat dinner while we were driving through Indianapolis. She did a quick Google search for the best wings in the city and the Ale Emporium was ranked #1 so we figured we had to try it. We love going places that we can't go to in our home town so this place seemed perfect. Then we got to the place and were very skeptical about it exterior appearance. It is located in a strip mall with some outdoor seating available, but overall was definitely not what we were expecting from the best wings in Indianapolis. Once we got inside, all of our skepticism was blown out of the water! From the inside you would never know you were in a restaurant that is located in a strip mall. It is very classy and welcoming, and quite frankly was the exact kind of atmosphere we were looking for. Like I said, we wanted wings, and wings is exactly what we got! They offer four pounds of wings for a fairly reasonable price right around $20. My wife and I were able to share them and have plenty left over to need to take a box home. The flavor of the wings was incredible as well. They have many flavored sauces to choose from and their dipping sauces are all made in house which is always a definite plus. The ranch was incredible as well. Normally I'm not a huge ranch guy, but I had to keep dipping my wings, it was just that good! If you're ever in the area, I encourage you to definitely stop and try their wings. If I were a beer drinker this place would have been even more of a hit, but that's just not my cup of tea. Everyone should go here!

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Went to the Ale to watch the Olympic hockey game between USA and Canada. Enjoyed the game with exceptional Hermanaki wings, excellent beer and good friends!!