“Want something different, buffet with a twist”
Review of BD's Mongolian Grill - CLOSED

BD's Mongolian Grill
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mongolian
Dining options: Buffet, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Castleton
Fairmount
“Want something different, buffet with a twist”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Did not know what to exspect. All food is raw and you put what you want together and they cook it up in front of you. You are able to fill your bowl as much or as little as you like, and spice it up as you would like. The egg roll are great as well as the fried rice. But if you order the fried rice then don't get you main course for a few minutes so that it will all be together. Love to try new things, then try this and be your own judge. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank April B

Jerusalem, Israel
“Went once, it was good but a little expencive”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We had a discount coupon so decided to try something new. The place was empty, so at first we weren't sure weather to even give it a try, but then we realized the timing was too early for dinner/too late for lunch, so we went in. Soon enough people started coming in every few minutes, and it looked like they have many regular customers. The food was very good- they have an impressive selection of meat and seafood and it was all fresh. The grillman entertained us as we were waiting for the food to cook and the atmosphere was very positive with a good service all together. In fact, it looked like all the employees were cheerfull, yet keeping it professional and focused, so that was nice. I liked the fact that they offer mini-desserts for 2$, it was perfect for me, I think they have a few regular size desserts too. It was a bit expensive for a dinner though, so I would not return unless it's lunch time or I have a coupon again, cause we're on the budget... notice that the second plate will charge you a few more dollars and give you the option of unlimited plates.

• Visited September 2012
Mason Ohio
“In my own neighborhood”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Shout out to Living Social.com. Bought the special for bd mongolians. Could have gone in my own backyard, but glad we went in Indy. Manager and staff very friendly. I tell ya, going out in todays economy is a treat, so to be greeted by friendly staff makes going out great. Hard to work all week, and then go out to dinner and have "rude" staff serve you. We were seated immediately. Even though bd's is in my neighborhood, glad we went to Indy. Great time and food.

• Visited September 2012
Indiana
“What happened to this restaurant? It USED to be great.”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This visit to BD's was shocking. We used to love this place. We went into the restaurant on a Tuesday this month at 4:30 PM. There was another table of 4 when we arrived, but when we left at 5:30 we were the only table. This trip was highly disappointing. I had taken a friend there and told her that she'd like this place. I was embarrassed by the time we left.

Where do I start? The cleanliness of the restaurant was poor. They have these little laminated recipe cards on a wall mounted holder to help with combining foods for the grill. Every card, and I mean every card, that we touched was disgustingly sticky with food residue. We had to look on the wall to try to memorize the recipe, because they were just too gross to hold.

The food bar had spoons in the bowls of meat that were sticky and had food on the handles. We really should have left at that point, and later regretted not doing so. Some of the ingredients for the recipe were not stocked, but that's a minor point. Then when we got to the grill for them to cook the food, it was also not clean. The tip jars around the grill had greasy finger prints all over them, and obviously had not been washed for a while. The counter top had dish rag residue on it, where it had been wiped with a dirty rag and left to dry. The grill itself was in bad need of cleaning. I've been around restaurant grills, and there was no excuse for such a black and rough surfaced grill.

Now, the food. Eating this food was fair. There were small pieces of grit in the food, apparently residue from the grill. We ordered an order of fried rice to accompany the meal. It came out all stuck together, over cooked and pasty and resembled nothing of fried rice. The waitress took it off of the ticket.

Also, the chairs had sticky finger marks on them and the wood was chipped on many of them. It was a disappointing visit. We originally were going to get the unlimited bar, but after the first dish, asked her to change it to a one time trip to the bar. That trip cost 12.99 per person plus tax. Our visit with tip was $27+. The worst thing about this was that we saw five employees standing around chit-chatting, doing nothing, when the place was in dire need of cleaning.

• Visited August 2012
Indiana
“Never a bad meal here”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We love the B-Ds and look for them when traveling. I really like the huge number of choices for the grill. The place is fun for our children. Decor is average. Staff is attentive.

• Visited December 2011