“Outside summer dining is fabulous”

Rick's Cafe Boatyard
Reserve with OpenTable
Rick's Cafe Boatyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 2,379 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 38th Street
Carmel
“Outside summer dining is fabulous”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A group of 6 of us had the true pleasure to dine on a Saturday evening on Rick's outside deck. The views of the water are so relaxing, the sunset was beautiful also. The bar area has great music and the entire atmosphere is just lovely. The food is very good too and the pricing is perfect. All 6 of us ordered a different item, and all raved about how wonderful the food was. We are all definitely coming back as this was a true treat!

Visited July 2014

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“Crab cakes!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The crab cakes were great - I enjoyed the crab cake salad. The dressing was sweet, and there was a relish that was great with the crab cakes. I will definitely return! Service was less than perfect, but the atmosphere out by the water was pleasant. Great afternoon lunch.

• Visited July 2014
Carmel, Indiana
“It's a love hate thing”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Unfortunately, I am writing my last review of this restaurant and it is a painful thing. But my husband informed me he won't go back. This is awful but I had to agree. We have been going regularly for over a year. The setting is gorgeous, food is wonderful and the deck is so peaceful. We drive about 40 minutes to visit Rick's Cafe so it is always a planned visit. However, we have for the last time endured such poor service. This was our third visit in a row with poor service. It is just embarrassing to take friends and family and sit there for 30 minutes with not even an acknowledgement we are there. The irony, on this trip, was we had a gift certificate from the manager to use due to never being waited on at Easter. My mother-n-law was not impressed. We had reservations for late in the evening to avoid the crowds. Our server was MIA. Even the manager couldn't find him. Same thing happened this trip. Sat at the table at 9 pm on a Saturday night and waited, waited and waited some more. Finally got up after 28 minutes and asked to be moved. Same thing this time, we made reservations for 9pm so we could avoid the holiday crowds. Going out to eat and spending 40 minutes driving one way then just sitting there is a slap in the face as a customer. This time, we had 3 in our party the hostess verified three and then sat us at a table with 2 menus and no silverware. When we finally asked if we could move to another table she moved us by picking up one of the silverware packets! We then moved to a table with nothing on it. No additional silverware packets, no plates, no candle and no condiments. We looked at each other and were getting up to leave when the nice waitress with a brain popped in front of the table. She was wonderful to us. However, I still must agree with my husband, it's not worth going back. This time we were finally waited on 36 minutes after being seated. I love this place but hate the service. It wasn't always this way but 3 strikes your out, so to speak.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank lisapleasant
“Reception view wonderful!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Ricks was amazing and very accommodating for my wedding reception. Christine is great! Everyone raved about food and service.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Enjoyed Immensely”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

What a lovely evening sitting on Rick's deck watching the sun go down and enjoying the breeze on a warm summer night. The service was very good. I had the trout and my husband had the salmon roulade. Both were very good. The salad was spring greens with a honey mustard type of dressing - very good too. We enjoyed the warm, crusty bread that was served while we waited for our entrees. We had birds come to our table to peck at the bread crumbs we scattered for them which was entertaining for us while we chatted and enjoyed cocktails. Altogether a delightful evening. The bill, with tip, came to just under $100, but you could easily pay half that amount if you ordered sandwiches and only one drink (I think we had two cocktails each).

• Visited June 2014