“A Student Union For Adults...Who Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Patachou

Cafe Patachou
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Long described as "a student union for adults," Cafe Patachou(R) is an award-winning Cafe. Customers can expect a world class breakfast and lunch experience that includes dishes prepared with premium ingredients from scratch and to-order, a commitment to sourcing local and often organic products, refreshingly personal yet professional service by a well trained team and Cafe environments that are vibrant and alive. Bound by these principles since opening in 1989, Cafe Patachou(R) has garnered local, regional and national accolades, including having been named one of the "Top Ten Places for Breakfast in the Country" by Bon Appetit Magazine. There are now five Cafe Patachou(R) locations serving customer favorites such as made-to-order omelettes made with Indiana farm-fresh eggs, salads, soups, sandwiches and desserts, spreading the love to Indianapolis residents and visitors alike.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“A Student Union For Adults...Who Brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

There are lots of reviews here for Cafe Patachou and many of them appear to be of the DOWNTOWN location (Patachou at the Park), not this one, which is in the historic (residential) Meridian-Kessler neighborhood. I've been to the downtown location twice and was underwhelmed but I've never had a bad experience at THIS one, which I've been to a handful of times.

Patachou is known for its cinnamon toast. I don't care what kind of healthy high horse you rode in on, get off it to eat the cinnamon toast. It's totally worth it...trust me. You'll probably be sadder all day long if you don't eat that toast. I nearly always get "The omelet you can't refuse" because I can't refuse it. There's potatoes inside. Mine always has spinach, but I feel like I add that. To recap, the omelet I personally can't refuse is stuffed with potatoes, bacon, spinach, and sour cream. There might be some cheese too. And it's served with cinnamon toast and a side of fresh fruit which I pass off to someone else so I have room to eat all my toast.

Patachou is damn near always busy, especially on the weekends, and the seating is tight so be prepared to keep your kids in check. Coffee is self-serve. Find the person with the clip board and put your name on the list, grab some coffee, and chill out until your name is called. There's indoors and outdoors seating, be prepared and bring your sunglasses and maybe sunscreen.

• Visited August 2013

Indianapolis IN
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“French style bistro with eclectic menu and great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent food, service, and atmosphere. The neighborhood surrounding this restaurant gives it a nice urban/suburban blended feel. It is very clean and well decorated with the French café style. The menu combines some French classics with some other unique combinations to create an eclectic mix that makes this a spot to both try new things and enjoy classics done well.

• Visited April 2014
Windermere, Florida
“Great place for family breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Cafe Patachou is ideal to go out with young children who are at their best in the morning.
The breakfast menu with emphasis on crepes is well prepared and the specials omelette was light and rich in healthy choices.
Good coffees and very good service rounds out the experience.

Visited March 2014
San Francisco Bay Area
“Hearty and tasty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

During a conference in Indianapolis, one group I belong had its business meeting over an 8-10 am breakfast at Cafe Patachou, and after reading glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, I was looking forward to this breakfast. The restaurant had arranged for our group to meet in a separated area so we could have reports and discussions as needed, and we were able to get drip coffee from among the choices available -- besides the house blend and decaf, this day there was one called Simon and another whose name I forget. The Simon coffee was good, but I needed more kick, so I ordered a nonfat cappuccino as well, and it provided the rich bitter strength required for a real start to my day.

My three-ingredient omelet was big and perfectly made. I'd chosen Indiana bacon, spinach, and brie, and the amount of each ingredient balanced well with the other two. The fact that they use 3 eggs for the omelets means that there were plenty of eggs for wrapping around the ingredients but no so much that there were bites without filling. The eggs were also fluffy, neither runny nor dry. Quite a nice omelet. Given the choice of breads, I went for the cinnamon toast based on what others on TripAdvisor had said, and it was indeed good, a darn decent cinnamon toast, which I made sure to finish.

There was a glitch with my order: I'd ordered as the side for my omelet not the fruit but the green salad, yet a cup of fruit was on the plate with my omelet. Although some reports were being given during our meal, I caught the eye of our wait person, who immediately took care of bringing me the right side -- and wow, was it a huge salad, somewhat like the size of a large pre-dinner salad. Lightly dressed, it was a tasty and healthy side I thought appropriate since I was going to be flying home in late afternoon and wanted a healthily filling meal to see me through.

The service was excellent, attentive but not distracting throughout our meeting. The ambiance was bustling, but no one ever made us feel as if we needed to rush out even on a Saturday morning. The organizers chose a great place for us to meet -- it was worth getting out of the hotel by 7:45 am on a Saturday morning to make it there for a tasty, hearty breakfast.

• Visited March 2014
Surprise AZ
“Best breakfast downtown Indianapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just downright good food at a good price. What more needs to be said. If you like breakfast with a variety of choices, then go to this restaurant. You'll love it and come bacck again and again.

Visited March 2014