“Nice atmosphere and really good Greek food.”

Santorini Greek Kitchen
Ranked #47 of 2,351 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laurel St
Transit: We have an Indy Go bus stop located at Laurel St and Prospect St.
Description: We are a family owned and operated authentic Greek restaurant. Specialties of the house include lamb, fresh fish, chicken, pastitsio, moussaka and many other Greek classics. Award winning, since opening over 10 years ago, SGK has a reputation of serving great food, in a pleasant, festive environment for reasonable prices. Chef owner, Taki Sawi is naturally talented when it comes to preparing and serving food, while co owner (and wife) Jeanette has a natural propensity for taking care of people... We have found this to be a unique combination! Located in historic Fountain Square, just minutes from downtown Indianapolis. We invite you to come and enjoy all we have to offer. See if you can taste the love we put into everything we serve. It's a great place to enjoy food, family and friends! Welcome from Taki and Jeanette
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice atmosphere and really good Greek food.”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I liked Santorini's before the fire and I like the newly remodeled restaurant even better. It is roomier and more open. I love the sunny atmosphere during the day.

This is my favorite Greek food in Indy. The food is all delicious and I've tried most things on the menu. If you're low carb they'll bring you the gyro on a plate with the trimmings but without the pita bread and it's probably my favorite dish. That with a side of green beans is very satisfying. The saganaki flaming cheese is always a good choice as an appetizer as are the fried eggplant and the falafel. My favorite soup is their lentil.

The service is friendly and dependable. Price is reasonable considering you always have leftovers for the next day or late night munching. I'll always go back to Santorini's.

• Visited August 2013

MI
“Excellent Real-Deal Greek Food”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The service here is excellent. The wait staff really knows the menu and the owners are front and center if you want to talk or ask any questions. What a treat. We stopped in for an early lunch and knew right then we were coming back to for dinner. This is one of those places you can eat at over and over again.

We eat at a lot of great Greek restaurants and now we have added Santorini to our list of greats.

• Visited October 2013
Indianapolis
“Best Greek resturaunt we have ever eaten!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

The food! Amazing! The service Perfect! The entertainment is funny sometimes but a lot of fun always! Price is always way less than the huge amount of food recieved! Just an all around great place to eat "Real authentic Greek food cooked by authentic Greek family!

• Visited January 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, Usa
“My favorite Indy restaurant”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

When I walk in the door, I feel so welcome and "at home" there. The staff is great! Waiters are very knowledgeable and can answer any Greek menu questions you have. I start every meal a soothing hot cup of soup (egg/lemon/pasta and the mushroom are my favorites) The lemony potatoes melt on your tongue, the rice pilaf is full of flavor, but mild. The eggplant is crisp on the outside, well-flavored. Sometimes I get a greek salad with the gyro meat on top. WONDERFUL! The pita bread is warm and buttery. One thing I really appreciate is the way they will work with your tastes. For instance, if you don't like olives or bell peppers or mushrooms etc just let them know and it will not be served in your dish. No need to push aside. The half chicken is TDF. The kabobs are cooked with many veggies with that good chargrilled carmelization. It's all good. I wish I lived closer and could go more often.

• Visited September 2013
indianapolis
“Well worth the drive from the suburbs”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Family of five decided to drive 35 min to try this restaurant for very late Saturday lunch (2:30 pm) because of TA reviews. We had the falafel, lamb/beef gyro, and fish kebab platters (with salad, potatoes, green beans, rice). Everyone was thrilled with the great quality and quantity of food, and no one needed to eat dinner later on! Appreciated the constant refills of water and iced tea by friendly, non-obtrusive server. The interior is clean and the blue/white theme with wall mural are a nice change from typical chain-restaurant earthtone decor. Will definitely return to try other items on the expansive menu.

• Visited September 2013