“Almost very good”
Review of H2O Sushi - CLOSED

H2O Sushi
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I had not been to this restaurant in many, many years so it was akin to venturing into a place for the first time.

I agree with prior reviewers that the cookies are terrific but that is not why one seeks out Japanese cuisine, is it? Anyway, our server was top notch - attentive but not hovering, genuinely friendly and knowledgeable of the offerings. While I usually opt for a Japanese lager with such a meal, the Sun King Cream Ale went well with everything.

We chose three different rolls plus salmon sashimi. The salmon was good quality but I would have preferred a larger portion for the price. Overall, the rolls were nice but one of the three was just not packed tightly enough and the pieces fell apart when attempting to pick them up. Given the prices charged for their offerings, I can't give the place more than three stars overall but I certainly would not dissuade folks from giving the establishment a try.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I will say that they offer some interesting rolls with unique ingredients. Wasn't all that impressed with the service or the sushi. There are a lot of other places I prefer over this place that are cheaper and have better sushi. The decor is modern and it appears to be a well run place from the standpoint that it was clean.

1  Thank Dave Y
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This place came highly recommended as we have recently moved to Indy. We were SO dissapointed with the selection, quality and price. I would steer clear if I was genuinely looking for good sushi. If you are solely looking for California rolls, edamame and seaweed salad-this is the place for you. We were looking for real sushi... We wanted to love or like it, best thing was the oatmeal cookie for dessert (so not genuine Japanese).

1  Thank goodlife123
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Hubby and I dined here for our anniversary. We had three sushi rolls, and both agreed on the order of tastiness, ranking our faves as follows: #1 Two Brothers, #2 Lottery Roll, #3 Crazy Ho. The shag bark oatmeal cookie served warm from the oven w a side of coffee whipped cream was heavenly!

1  Thank Mindy K
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Don't pass up the shag bark cookies.
One of a kind, exclusive delight

1  Thank Glenjojo