“Decent Meal on The Road”
Review of Kazablanka

Kazablanka
Ranked #210 of 2,396 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Found myself in the hotel next door, they recommended the food at Kazablanka, so I went in for dinner, around 6 pm on a Saturday night. Place was fairly empty, myself and maybe three other tables of diners. Waitress Kelly arrived promptly and went over the specials. Ordered a beer and went over the menu. When my beer came, I asked about a couple of menu items and Kelly was helpful in choosing my meal. I ordered the steak dinner special, which came with two sides, I chose a house salad and baked potato. First up was the house salad, which was large enough to have served two people as a side, or one as a meal. Salad was fresh, crisp, and generously dressed with croutons and shredded cheese. My steak arrived cooked as ordered, and although it was a touch dry, it had been well seasoned and had good flavor. "Baked" potato unfortunately was cooked in aluminum foil, which results in more of a steamed potato than a baked one, but it was thoroughly cooked and served with what looked like a 'buttery spread' and sour cream. Since it was on 'special', my meal, with two draft beers was under $20, quite a bargain for the amount and quality of the food. Service was excellent, and should I find myself in the area in the future, I would return.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Got drug along by a group of friends here last week to sing karaoke, and had a rather disappointing experience.

It took the waitress nearly 20 minutes to approach the table to take our drink orders. When she finally did arrive, there was no warm greeting or smiles to be had, and she was clearly irritated for whatever reason. I had to sigh and roll my eyes to myself a bit, as if it weren't bad enough we had to wait, help finally does arrive and shes annoyed? I don't think so. I'm the one who gets to be irritated in this situation, not the waitress. Sorry.

The food did arrive quickly thereafter, and the pizza was very good - I will say that. All in all it wasn't a terribly bad experience food and atmosphere wise, but, rude service is just such a deal breaker for me, and I will hesitate to return with all the other great options that Indianapolis has to offer.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

We dined here on 6-23-2013 for dinner. We expected (as advertised) a Mediterranean restaurant, but it was more like typical bar food with gyros and a hummus plate on the menu. We ordered spanikopita (cheese pie) appitizer, a burger, a steak, and a rueben. The waitress delivered our drinks, and due to having full hands, was cradling one of the glassses of water between her forearm and armpit. the spanikopita was disgusting, greasy, slimy cheese and oily filo. my burger was grey and mushy with no sear on it, and sitting on my plate was a cup of mayo that had sat out so long that it had turned yellow and clear a"round the edge. the french fries where white and full of frier grease. my wifes steak was similarly grey and unseared and the "greek fries" were greasy potato chips. i could continue on, but i won't belabor the point. by the time we decided not to finish our meal and leave, we had to wait 20 minutes for the check, then another 10 for her to return (with a nearly empty dining room).

This is only my third review for TA, and I am sad that it had to be my first negative, but with the misleading reviews out there, I really felt obligated to warn people away from this unsanitary, unhealthy and downright disgusting restaurant.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We loved the food, our waitress was wonderful, the karaoke was awesome, and was very well priced. Will definitely go back when in the area.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We ate at this restaurant two nights in a row and were very pleased with the food , service , and decor.
With it being located right next door to the Microtel , you have a short walk from door to door.
Is there anything more you could ask for while visiting a large city like Indianapolis ?!?