“The Worst Service I Ever Experienced”

Skyline Chili - Washington St.
Ranked #976 of 2,347 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: From a small kitchen in the village of Kastoria, Greece, a fascinated young Nicholas Lambrinides watched as his mother and grandmother prepared authentic Greek dishes. Their recipes had been passed down from generation to generation. These were unique, wonderful dishes that had the power to bring his whole family together. Nicholas dreamed that one day he would bring these recipes and traditions to America, where he could share them with friends and family. In 1949, his dream came true when Nicholas opened his first restaurant overlooking the skyline of Cincinnati, Ohio and began serving his delicious secret recipes to appreciative customers. Since then, Skyline Chili's Coneys, Ways and table-side service have been enjoyed by generations. Our Chili continues to be made from Nicholas's original recipe, using a secret blend of spices and only the highest quality ingredients. Skyline is dedicated to bringing friends and families together for an experience like no other and we will always be devoted to the American dream of that young man from a small village in Greece.
Indianapolis, Indiana
“The Worst Service I Ever Experienced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Yesterday I visited Skyline Chili on East Washington Street and when I walked in all eyes was on me the employee's acted like an Africian American had never walked ino they store I went to the bathroom to wash my hands and the waitress followed me so far to the bathroom when I can out to sit down and talk my seat the waitress to my order I ordered the coney bowl I only had a few sprinkles of cheese when I go to the skyline chili on W. 86th I get mountians of cheese and good service the worker on Washington Street are very rude and it took another server to refill my drink order. The portions were very some I wont be going back into the East Washington location now I see why everyone goes into the Olive Garden, The Steak and Shake or the Arby's. I see why there was on like two customer's in there eating.

• Visited September 2012

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Smallest portions in Indy area. Staff gruff at best. I visit skyline Indy often south side store most consistent.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

Small portions.
Gruff staff at least today and play kicking each other like kids.
For true skyline food lovers go south towards greenwood store. Coney buns always fresh, staff always greets you and portions fair and consistent at south side store.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“You even like it or you hate it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2010

I find very good service there. It is a little pricey and I think that is the reason that they are losing business at this time. The last two time I was there, they were not busy at all. I will be suprise if they don't close their doors soon.

ri
“i dont' get it!??”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

i ate this food once by request of someone who lived in ohio. i spent the night in the bathroom!! it was nasty to begin with. who puts chili on spaghetti!!! just gross to me. maybe its a mid west thing!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Cute Litte place, I love...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2008

Cute Litte place, I love it because of the Peddlers Mall next door!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook