“Great flavors, good price”

Jasmine Thai Restaurant
Ranked #202 of 2,346 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Washington
California
“Great flavors, good price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My co-worker and I visited Jasmine Thai while on a business trip. We ordered four dishes so we would have enough leftovers for lunch the next day. I'm not a fan of spicy food, but my co-worker is so we ordered all four dishes with medium heat. It was almost more heat than I could bear. Even my co-workers indicated it was a tad spicy for her. Most thai restaurants have a 1-5 scale. Usually I can tolerate a 3. Jasmine Thai's medium is probably the equivalent to a 4, so if you do not like spicy, stick to mild. Although spicy, it was all very flavorful, the meats cooked perfectly and we definitely had plenty for left overs. I highly recommend it.

• Visited October 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Thai Food that tastes like Bangkok”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I love Thai food. After living 2 years in Thailand, I've learned to appreciate the northern, central, and southern cooking styles and the Jasmine's menu has captured the central region. I feel like I'm back in Bangkapi with my cook, Samlui. I've tried everything on the menu except the squid (the ONE and ONLY thing I will NEVER eat again), and it's all delicious!

Visited July 2013
Carmel, Indiana
“hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I've spent a couple of weeks in Thailand so I'm a little picky about my Thai food, and I was very pleasantly surprised by this place. It is just a storefront in a suburban strip mall, but once you walk in and see the silk tablecloths and decorations you feel like you are back in Thailand. We tried the pineapple fried rice and the massaman curry, and both were delicious. There was enough food for the three of us in the two dishes, and the prices were very reasonable. Both dishes had complex flavors, and I saw the fresh pineapples in the kitchen. We will be back.

• Visited June 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
“probably the best Thai food in Indianapolis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

We have not been to all the Thai restaurants in Indianapolis. But of the highly reviewed ones, we think this is clearly the best. It is a very pleasant small-ish restaurant at which the service has always been excellent. They offer a very nice array of noodles dishes aside from standard Pad Thai and many excellent curry dishes including an extremely good duck curry.

• Visited April 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“WELL DONE!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

Not being a huge fan of Thai food (I thought) I was somewhat apprehensive when a friend suggested Jasmine Thai Restaurant for lunch today. I am a person that likes flavor but not fire.

Now I am sold...............the food was wonderful. I selected Yellow Curry Chicken and was given a choice of mild, medium, etc. I told the waitress that I liked flavor but did not want it "hot". It was perfectly prepared, very flavorful and served with rice. The soup (served prior) was tasty as well.

I might add that the service was quite good, as well.

I saw a number of dishes on the menu that I would have liked to try............I will return to give them a try.

• Visited March 2013