“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I've never had Turkish food. The environment, server and food was like a total cultural experience! Had stuffed grape leaves for appetizer and a lamb vegetable dish for dinner. Both were delicious including the soft, warm, fresh pita bread! I'll be back!

1  Thank Joan W

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Bosphorus Istanbul Cafe is a small place located just south of downtown Indianapolis. The food was great and we loved the colorful decor. The place is pretty small, so I would suggest getting reservations.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This place is amazing. Little restaurant with incredible flavor, unique choices and tremendous ambience. We ordered the pepper delight appetizer...wow! Very good. Then we split the chicken Mediterranean dish. Plenty big enough for two. Flavor was so so good! And don't leave without the baklava. It was better than most I've had in Greek RESTAURANTS. We will be returning soon. VERY SOON!

2  Thank Ajkeller1
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Four of us ate at the Bosphorus Cafe last evening. Let the Cafe's modest exterior not deceive you; the interior offers a collection of very agreeable Turkish pictures, knickknacks, etc. All of us have traveled extensively in Turkey so we appreciated the atmosphere. Service was prompt and friendly enough. For starters, we chose ezme (quite excellent) and dolma (okay). My wife's entree was ispankli Tavuk which she deemed very good. My main dish was karniyarik which tasted slightly scorched and decidedly inferior to the dish of that name that I make myself (he says modestly). The wine list is quite limited but we chose a very pleasant Turkish red wine...10% Cab, 10% Merlot and 80% some Turkish grape variety I've never heard of.

1  Thank NickRocco
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I am sorry that I have not reviewed this sooner! This is one of my favorite restaurants in Indy. The staff is incredibly kind and friendly. And their tabouli is amazing. I was used to bland, uninteresting tabouli, but their's has a spicy zip that I love.

I also appreciate the rich, cumin flavor in the hummus. If I could make hummus like that, I would never purchase it in a plastic tub again.

The adana kebobs are flavorful and a perfect portion to balance the greens, rice and veggies.

Wonderful food and a great staff...what else could you want?

2  Thank ontheteeindy