“Great Beer; Reasonable Prices”

Sun King Brewing Company
Ranked #43 of 175 things to do in Indianapolis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sun King is a production brewing facility serving bars, restaurants, liquor stores, caterers and sports and entertainment venues across Indiana. The brewery is open to the public for carryout growler, can, and keg sales, and hosts complimentary sampling hours on Friday. Sun King offers pint sales and sampling flights Monday – Sunday.
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Love Fridays when 3 or 4 of their regular beers (Wee Mac, Osiris, Sunlight, etc.) will be $5 for a large growler. They also have 3 or 4 specialty beers, although these are more expensive. Believe the most I've paid for a growler is $15 or maybe $17 for a high IBU beer (Sink the Clipper; Obtuse, etc.). Mostly I get the $5 beer. Quite popular. Not always, but fairly regularly run into people I know from work or the community. Free samples. The atmosphere is fun and lively. Never done the tour.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I am not a drinker but we visited with friends and did the beer sampling and tour. The facility and staff were very, very interesting and engaging. There are many aspects of brewing I had no concept were important including the freshness, proximity to the customer base and more.
It is a great diversion if you're in Indy for anything and have a couple of hours at most to see something unusual.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We love visiting Sun King's tasting room on Friday evenings to fill up our growler for only $5. Their beer (especially the Wee Mac) is so good and the atmosphere is fun. You are given tickets to sample six beer for free. You aren't required to buy anything, but once you try the beer you'll definitely want to. Sun King is the brewery that really initiated the craft beer craze in Indy a couple years ago. They've grown so much since 2009, but they still feel like a locally brewery. Highly recommended for anyone who loves good beer.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Oh yeah, whether it's Sunlight or Wee Mac, or any of the other crafted beers...we always take several GROWLERS back home with us for family and friends. Great samples lead to great drinking! SunKing forever!!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I originally heard about this place from a friend who was drinking their Sunlight Cream Ale and by looking at the can, I thought to myself, "This doesn't look like anything I would enjoy." Their wild colors and original graphics were not what I pictured a good beer being canned in. I finally broke down and tried the Osiris Pale Ale at a different friends house from a growler. I didn't make the connection that they were made by the same brewery. I decided to go down to the actual brewery to get myself some Osiris and then it hit me! I couldn't believe it! How could something wrapped in such wild art be also delicious? From that point on, I started to fall in love with their design. I realized upon entering the brewery that these guys aren't just great beer makers, they are artists, friends, clowns, and teachers. I have the greatest time every time I go. They are all so friendly and knowledgeable about their craft. I do not care for many of their beers but that is personal taste. I'm sure they are all very good for the type of beer that they are, but I prefer IPA and Pale Ale which they execute nicely. I will forever be a patron of SKB.