“Lunch near the State House: Look no further”
Review of Ali Baba's Cafe

Ali Baba's Cafe
Ranked #203 of 2,363 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Greek
Arlington, Virginia
“Lunch near the State House: Look no further”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I ate here three times during my two day stay in Indianapolis, mostly because of its proximity to my work, but also because once you taste the hummus and pita it's impossible not to crave more. The service was not always fast or particularly friendly, but I went during off-hours and wanted to be left alone somewhere quiet with natural light, so it was perfect for me. I also highly recommend the tea and chicken schwarma sandwich.

Visited February 2014

Philladelphia
“Unique to downtown”
Reviewed 24 December 2013

the gyro sandwich are nice, just wish the portions were bigger. They have also don't have hookah anymore here

• Visited May 2013
Carmel, Indiana
“Spicy Gyro is fantastic”
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Went here for first time yesterday. Great food at reasonable prices. Also very knowledgable staff. I had the whole gyro but next time might try half gyro lunch special. I will be back.

“Good food, but overcharged”
Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

We stopped on a Saturday night. We ordered two meals which were good and served quickly. Our waitress was very friendly. The restaurant is a little "worn". There were four items on our check, two meals and two drinks. We were overcharged for two. Disappointing.

“Surprise find”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We were looking for another place and came across this cafe during a busy conference last weekend. The Beef Schwarma was very good, everyone else enjoyed their food too. Service was a little slow but they were full with several other conference goers.

Visited November 2013