“One of the best sandwich places in Indy!”

Potbelly Sandwich Shop
Ranked #148 of 2,410 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I have eaten in store and have had delivery. Both are excellent!! My favorite sandwich is the grilled chicken but no cheddar cheese. Mayo, lettuce and tomato top it off. I get the Lays baked chips too. The chicken noodle soup is really good, as is the garden vegetable. The vanilla smoothie or the mixed berry smoothie are my faves. If you want to indulge even more, don't forget a bag filled with a dozen mini oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!!! Yum!!! Staff and delivery people are very friendly and helpful!

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I love Potbelly sandwiches! Gave 3 for atmosphere only because I've only had delivery, thus have never been in the store. Easy online ordering system, timely delivery and did I mention wonderfully yummy sandwiches? I also am loving their chicken noodle soup. I am not usually a fan of chicken noodle (at all) but I would order theirs again in a heartbeat. Can't say what makes it so good other than it doesn't seem to be the thin, unfulfilling kind that comes from a canned concentrate. Everyone I've talked to loves any kind of sandwich on the menu. Glad to have a shop producing quality sandwiches with delivery as promised right on Monument Circle. Hope to see a location on the south side sometime in the future!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

It's a bit quirky, with interesting decor. The service was lovely: very friendly and relaxed while still getting you served in a reasonable time. They made up my Mediterranean toasted sandwich to order, and no problem to have it just how I wanted. It was warm, fresh and very good. On a whim I had an Oreo shake with it, which was good too. It's handily located right in the middle of downtown.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Wandered in to Potbellies because it was next door to a candy shop I wanted to check out. Glad I pushed through the two sets of doors. I was immediately greeted by an attentive counter staff and taken in by the warm ambiance of the place. There are plenty of pictures and do-dads and what-zits to look at on the walls. I finally found the menu in all the clutter and ordered A Wreck on the multi-grain. It was steamy deliciousness. I sat at a counter facing the street so I could watch the circle monument and a woman sitting outside selling knitted trinkets on the curb. The sandwich was a little thin for the price, but the quality was a few steps above Subway and similar larger chain sandwich shops. And the sandwich was well-balanced without any of the ingredients overshadowing the others. I left with a nice warm feeling in my own pot-belly.

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Hilton for the weekend and Potbellies was right around the corner. We ordered turkey subs. They were served warm and the right amount of veggies/meat on them. We also enjoyed looking at the variety of pictures on the wall. Friendly workers too!! Can't wait to go back :)