“Good Food”

Indianapolis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Great service at first. Welcoming. However our waitress could not be found when it was time to get our check and take home boxes. If you pay with a credit card they use a machine that leaves you the choice of an 18% tip, 20% tip or 25% tip or "custom tip". However the custom tip option was protected and unable to be selected. Since I felt abandoned by the waitress I did not appreciate being forced to leave an 18% tip when I got 10% service. You could also select "no tip" but it was made clear if that option was chosen, the tip should then be left on the table. I never have cash. Moral of the story? Take cash for your tip IF you tip based on service. The food was very good. I had Almond Chicken. The chicken was tender and flavorful, it did not look strange as is the case with so many Chinese restaurants. Decent portion for the price. The egg drop soup was less than average. Thick. Bland. Relaxing atmosphere. The parking lot was full. I would go again. Check it out for yourself!

• Visited December 2013

Watkinsville
“Great Chinese food selection and great quality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I started with an egg roll..very fresh and tasty. My mom got the egg drop soup and loved it. I ordered the pineapple chicken for the first time anywhere and thought it was great...tender white meat and good pineapple and onion. Other family members got the sweet and sour chicken, cashew chicken, and sesame seed chicken. It all tasted amazing. They put the sweet and sour sauce for the chicken separate so left overs wouldn't get soggy...very nice way to do it since we said we were taking some home. Very nice waitress and attentive...would go back again!

• Visited November 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Buffet - very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Lunch buffet- few items had over cooked (sat too long over the heat), but all items were refreshed at least every 15 minutes. The Hot & Sour soup was excellent. The vegetable egg roll was also excellent and were fresh: hot/steaming on inside and still crispy on outside. The Lo Mein noodles were flavorful despite being meatless.

• Visited October 2013
Seymour, Indiana
“Excellent First Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

I rarely review buffets but I had to make an exception this time. House of Cheung's lunch buffet was exactly as described by several reviews I've read on several sites. It's a small buffet but the food is amazingly fresh and flavorful! It was the best Chinese food I've ever had from a buffet. The staff was very friendly and outgoing.
I look forward to a return trip for the full service dinner experience.

• Visited October 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
“What a nice surprise...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

I have been passing this place for 7 years and had never stopped until this week. What a mistake that was! As soon as I walked in I was greeted like I was family. The restaurant is warm and inviting. I started with the hot and sour soup - it was really good. I also had an egg roll - talk about a great eggroll! I ordered the Sha Cha Chicken as my entree. The flavors were amazing and the vegetables were fresh. I hate going to a Chinese restaurant and getting soft overcooked vegetables. I will never pass this place up again - it may be my favorite Chinese in Indianapolis. It is worth your time to stop.

• Visited May 2012