“Great lunch spot”

Noblesville, Indiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch spot”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This resaurant is very similar to something like Yats. Only it's Indian food instead of Cajun. The selection was pretty good and changes all the time. I got the platter which includes rice and 2 entrees. It was enough for 3 lunches...portion size was definitely bigger than I expected. For only $7.50 it was very much worth the cost. If you're expecting an Indian restaurant with table service this is not the place for you. The interior is very clean and modern.

• Visited May 2014

Chicago
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I wee pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. It's a counter-service place, but good food and good prices. For about $7, you get rice, two curries, naan, and chutneys; I'm not sure how it could be any cheaper. Even with two appetizers and two drinks, it was about $21 for two people.

The atmosphere is hip and eclectic. which is a nice change over other Indian restaurants, which always seem a bit dim and gloomy to me (although I understand that some people like ethnicity when dining with different cuisines).

The employees are always friendly and cheerful.

I wish their menus would be more descriptive, as I didn't recognize most of the names of the dishes (and it slows down the line when everyone is asking for descriptions when ordering). The food tasted fresh and not mushy or gloppy (which I've experienced with some sit-down Indian restaurants.

Some of their curries are too spicy for me, and their tandoori chicken legs tend to be dry, and they do run out of certain dishes at times, but my wife and I have been there numerous times, and intend on returning often.

• Visited April 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Little Expensive and low on quantity”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I went there with family and found this indian restaurant located nicely in northwest of indianapolis area. It's right close to Costco and restaurant was small but clean and had new looks.

The interior of the restaurant looked like a fast food place only. Not like other Indian restaurants where you find indian portraits or pictures hanging, dimming lights and soulful music. It was different but good to see a cleaner place.

Food was average, and they have limited choices. For non-vegetarian, they had two extra items but overall I found the place expensive. The portion size is small and it's good if you are not too hungry. It feels like snack place.

• Visited September 2013
“Meh...May try again”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I LOVE Indian food, and I often frequent the Delhi Palace since it is close. I realize comparing these two is apples and oranges, but if you pay more you get better quality. This is a fast food type Indian restaurant. They did a nice job on decor. When I went they were out of naan....this was crazy to me that an Indian restaurant can be out of naan and not just make some more! The rice was super salty and oily and it was fried rice...which was odd to me. I threw the rice out it was so salty I could not eat it! I also got the Butter Paneer and the Potato. Both were okay for the $7 I paid for the meal. I will probably give it another try but with the first visit I was not impressed.

• Visited July 2013