“Bad buffet.”

Bamboo House
Ranked #948 of 2,411 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I used to live close to this restaurant in the 90's and came here frequently. They had good carry out. Now, I live farther away and haven't been here in years but today I was in the area and stopped in for the lunch buffet. Upon arrival, the lady working didn't greet us so we stood for a minute and then decided to just sit down. There was only one placemat and silverware setting on our table so she grabbed one from another table and threw it (literally) on our table. She wasn't the slightest bit friendly.
The buffet was small, only about 12 total items including cookies, soups, entrees, egg rolls, everything. Only a couple of the entrees were labeled. I had an egg roll, fried rice, and general tso's chicken. The egg roll was flavorless. The rice hard and the general tso's chicken was small hard pieces of chicken. None of it was good. I also had some lomein noodles which were ok and beef with broccoli which was also ok. When we went back for seconds, they were completely out of fried rice and the lo mein noodles. I picked around the other dishes, one was maybe hunan chicken, bland but edible. I'm not sure what the other two entrees were but the chicken one was bland and the beef one tasted burned. We talked at the table for a little bit and then decided to leave. I noted as I paid that the rice and lo mein noodles were still empty (after about 15 minutes). I guess it was 12:30 and they weren't going to replenish those dishes. This place was pretty good years ago. Sad to see it has fallen so hard. There is much better take out chinese at Li's Garden on Franklin Road and a far superior buffet lunch by the Kroger at County Line and Emerson.