“ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT”

Neighbourhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Indianapolis, Indiana
“ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

The Elbow Room has been around for a long time in Indy.

It is difficult to give an overall rating to this restaurant because there are so many positives. The food was quite good and the beer selection is also quite good.

However..............last night the service was VERY SLOW and unorganized.

Would suggest that you have plenty of time when you go there.

• Visited March 2014

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Can't complain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We got a flat tire and the guy from the Goodyear place recommended it to us. I got a bison burger and it was pretty good. Laid back atmosphere and everybody was friendly.

Fishers, Indiana
“Point Well Made”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

This was a pre-Valentine date. I was confused by the mixed reviews I had read on TA & other sites, even to the point of almost nixing going to the Elbow Room at all. However, my husband had been here years ago & liked it. Also, my daughter said that her in-laws enjoyed sitting in the upper section of the restaurant, mostly in the warmer weather, for the view of downtown Indy activities, as well as the food. So, I modified my thinking.
We went for an early dinner, around 5PM. At that time we had our choice of tables. By 6PM it was filling up; this was on a Thurs. We chose the window at the point of the building on the main level. Our waiter, Jeff, told us what beers were on tap, & knew where they had been brewed. He brought out selections back quickly, & gave us more time to decide what to order. He kept an eye on us, & when we put our menus down, he came by to take our order. My husband had the fish & chips, & I had the breaded tenderloin sandwich. Each came with two sides.
The foods are tavern foods, but for Indy all was reasonably priced. For four beers plus our food, it was @ $45 before the tip.
The service was attentive, but not pushy. I am glad that our meal was not greasy or dry. All was fine. It is one of those places where people find friends & have a nice time. I would go back to the Elbow Room.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Food poisoning :-(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Held a company lunch in the upper room which is a great spot for the view and decor was nice. The food tasted good, but more than half of our office has food poisoning from this meal. Not sure exactly what food item caused it but it's unfortunate that a good time is now overshadowed by food poisoning. I have been violently ill for almost 24 hours now. The server was nice and tried to meet all our needs but she needed some assistance so our cups went unfilled a few times. I just don't see me going back to the elbow room after this.

“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

My friends and our families met there with our little ones. Service was great and food was good. I had the black bean burger with sweet potato fries and both were outstanding. Lots of menu options!

• Visited August 2013