“SKYLINE TIME IN INDY”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Description: From a small kitchen in the village of Kastoria, Greece, a fascinated young Nicholas Lambrinides watched as his mother and grandmother prepared authentic Greek dishes. Their recipes had been passed down from generation to generation. These were unique, wonderful dishes that had the power to bring his whole family together. Nicholas dreamed that one day he would bring these recipes and traditions to America, where he could share them with friends and family. In 1949, his dream came true when Nicholas opened his first restaurant overlooking the skyline of Cincinnati, Ohio and began serving his delicious secret recipes to appreciative customers. Since then, Skyline Chili's Coneys, Ways and table-side service have been enjoyed by generations. Our Chili continues to be made from Nicholas's original recipe, using a secret blend of spices and only the highest quality ingredients. Skyline is dedicated to bringing friends and families together for an experience like no other and we will always be devoted to the American dream of that young man from a small village in Greece.
Reviewed 11 July 2013

For those who just have to have their Skyline or have been away from the area and are now back, Skyline Chili on W 86th Street is the place to get that original Skyline Chili. The GM Ann is a wonderful person and a great representative of the restaurant.
The chili speaks for itself. If you have never had Skyline, don't be afraid to tell the person working behind the cafeteria style counter. Ask for a sample before you order from the menu. Skyline is an acquired taste. You either seem to love it or might decide it isn't for you.
But, if you LOVE Skyline as I have for over 40 years and you live in the Indy area, you have to be grateful for this wonderful restaurant and its location.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

After having been away from Indianapolis for almost 25 years, it was nice to see Skyline has made it to the area. It is set up more like a Chipotle in that you place your order as you go down the line and then sit down.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

First when she asked for here or to go, when I said here she gave me a look and looked at other employee and rolled her eyes..I wasn't quite sure what the problem was until..my daughter was asking for french fries, I was informed they had already shut their fryer down and we wouldn't be getting any french fries! I asked well what time do you close (its about 845) she said at 9pm. I said and you already have things turned off for the night? Which she replied well yeah, but we still have some things left! I couldn't believe it, I just asked for a managers phone number and took my children elsewhere! Ridiculous! If you want to turn things off 15 minutes early then close earlier! You should be open and fully functioning until close time!

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were staying right down the road from this place visiting Indy, and always love to stop by Skyline if we have a chance. The service was outstanding and the food was even better! This is a definite must go if ever staying in this area, you won't be sorry!

1  Thank bam_and_maize
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We arrived near closing (9 PM) and our servers made a point to make us feel comfortable. If you love Cincinnati style chili, this is it in north Indy!!! Love the 5-way!!!