“Good Value Near Airport”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, IN
Ranked #32 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 19 May 2011

This budget hotel was clean, comfortable and convenient to the airport. Service staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast weas about average for moderately-priced chain hotelsd - adequate but not memorable. There are not many restaurants for dinner in the immediate vicinity, but El Rodeo on Heathrow Way was excellent. We would gladly stay at this hotel again if we needed a place close to airport.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
CountryInnDOS, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2011

Thank you very much for writing us a review. I'm glad to see that you agree that we are a great value near the airport, however, I was dissappointed to see that your opinion of our breakfast was unfavorable. Is there anything in particular that you didn't like about our breakfast or perhaps there is something you would like for us to have on our breakfast bar that we currently don't have? Suggestions are always welcome in regards to our breakfast bar.

I'm delighted to see that you enjoyed El Rodeo. This authentic mexican restaurant is very popular among our guests and staff. It is always very busy at lunch time so you know they must be doing something right! Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

I stayed here because I have had a good experience at all other hotels in this chain. Unfortunately, because this hotel is built extremely close to the freeway off/on ramp, it was impossible to sleep. The noise level was unreal. And all night long. Having the air conditioner might have provided some white noise, but it emitted a constant clicking sound from the fan. Complained at the desk to be told there was nothing they could do.

Room Tip: Do not sleep on the side facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
CountryInnDirOfSales, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2011

We are very sorry that you were unable to sleep well at our property. I am dissappointed to see that you were not offered better room. This is not our standard of service and our desk agents should do everything that they can to assist you. The hotel was only half full so there should have been a different room that they could have moved you to. If you would like to discuss this issue further, feel free to contact us directly and ask for the Director of Sales. We would like to get some additional feedback from you so we can identify the problem and address this with our staff to make sure that they are always providing you the highest quality of service as possible. Again, we thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. In the future, we will do everything we can to ensure you a non-highway side room as long as it is requested and the rooms are available.

Reviewed 15 April 2011

I have had such varying degrees of service from this hotel. We have stayed there more than once and have had problems both times. Our fire alarm has gone off in the middle of the night because the heaters, our reservation has twice been input incorrectly, there has been a smell that seemed like something was on fire and kept me up all night checking things, etc. But most irritating of all is being given a quote over the phone by a clerk and when we checked out, the rate was $100 OVER what he told me. The hotel refused to honor it because I didn't have any proof, as in a confirmation email. I never received a confirmation email because the clerk royally messed up the reservation. The manager/s were absolutely useless in coming to an agreement on how to fix this and basically told me I was a liar. We had reserved two rooms and the rates quoted for each did not make sense and it was so obvious a mistake was made but the incompetent, untrained, unfriendly, unhappy sales manager wouldn't do anything. It was a very sad experience considering it really is a cozy little hotel with a fantastic location to my local family.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
CountryInnDirOfSales, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

We apologize for the inconsistencies during your stay. We perfectly understand how frustrating it is to have a fire alarm go off while you are sleeping and wake you up, however, our guest safety is a number one priority. In regards to the issues at the front desk, we apologize for any confusion. This is not our standard of service. As of this month, we are under new management and we can assure you that the issues you have faced will not happen again. We do see that our corporate customer service department did award you a free one night stay at any Country Inn & Suites in North America. Once again, on behalf of everyone at our hotel, we apologize for your inconvenience and hope to see you back in Indianapolis again.

Reviewed 1 April 2011

I drive from out of town for a early morning flight and this is perfect. I get to sleep longer and with their sleep, park, and fly service I'm set. They even have a sack breakfast for me since they ferry me to the airport before any sane person is up.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, good value.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

It truly warms my heart to hear that you feel that our hotel is "like staying with friends". We truly pride ourselves on our country hospitality and always want to foster a sense of family here at our hotel. Thank you very much for taking advantage of our park and fly rate. It's a great deal, isn't it? Also, glad to see that you liked our breakfast to go bags. Those are very popular with folks who have to leave for the airport before breakfast opens. We know it stinks to travel on an empty stomach. Come back and see us again!

Reviewed 16 March 2011

Hotel was clean. Everyone was very helpful. My only issue was that the TVs did not have a sleep timer. When I travel it helps block out the noise till I can get to sleep. Pool and hot tub were good and breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

I'm delighted to see that most went well with your stay. Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review. Your honesty is greatly appreciated. In regards to our televisions, we have placed an order for new flat screen televisions. We have had other folks ask about tv sleep timers before. I surmise that these new ones would have that feature, but will be sure to double check on that for you. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 1 March 2011

My wife and I usually choose to stay here when coming back to our hometown of Indianapolis for a long weekend. It is a very clean and quiet hotel. The hot tub is great and our kids love the indoor pool...although it is on the chilly side, but not too bad. During this trip there was a large group staying there for a wedding. We never would have known it. At one point 12 kids, including our two, were in the pool and there was still plenty of room for more to have joined. At 10pm the hotel asks that the kids leave the pool so that adults can enjoy the indoor pool/hot tub area in a kid free environment. At first I was put off a little since our kids are too young to leave alone, but the husband side of me can see how nice and relaxing that could be. I'll enjoy that in a couple years when we stay there. The staff from the desk to the breakfast area are very friendly and helpful. Free cookies and USA Today in the lobby is nice, as are the red apples they have out there in the mornings. Breakfast was awesome. Waffles, sausage, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, bagels, muffins, toast, boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, juices, coffee and milk were all available this past weekend while we were there. The location is right off of I-465 on the southwest side of Indianapolis. For those not from Indianapolis, I-465 makes a big circle around the outer edge of Indy. You can't get lost. There are plenty of exits on I465 to get you to shopping, sports and other places. This hotel is close enough for you to enjoy all of Indy, but far enough out of the traffic and inner city so you can relax. If this hotel had fridge/microwaves in the rooms it would be a 5 out of 5 for a week long stay, but it is near perfect as it is. Don't hesitate staying here if you want a clean, quiet hotel with a nice pool and free internet access with a wonderful breakfast! And try the frozen custard at the Culvers restaurant that is in front of the hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We truly appreciate it. I'm so happy to see that your family had a great time. Our indoor heated pool is very popular with people of all ages. I apologize that the temperature was not to your liking, however, it may be that the pool was slightly cold due to water recently being added to the pool. We hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed 24 January 2011

We stayed here a week ago on a Thursday night. We had a very early flight and live a considerable distance from the airport so we Pricelined an Indianapolis Airport location hotel and wound up with Country Inn and Suites.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. We needed a King Size bed and were told upon check-in (6pm or so) they were all filled up. That seems to be the Priceline customer answer at hotels these days, but after a little prodding the front desk agent upgraded us to a suite, which had a King sized bed. The only restaurant that is walking distance is Culver's, but there are several restaurants that you can order for delivery from the hotel. Our room was very clean (still smells new) as well as the bathroom. Plenty of towels, etc... The suite is a large room with a pull-out couch, desk, and mini-fridge. The TV is CRT, which is a little disappointing for how new the place is, but then again this is no Westin or Hyatt. The pool and hot tub looked nice, but we didn't try them. The fireplace in the lobby gave the hotel a bit of a "homey" feel. Unfortunately, we left before breakfast, but the hotel provided a "To Go" bag which was a very nice touch. The hotel shuttle was prompt and the driver was polite. We called the hotel once back in Indianapolis and again, the shuttle was very prompt.

The hotel does charge $5 a day for parking if you leave your car while out of town (as we did). Kind of a rip-off as none of the other hotels around the airport in the 2 1/2 star category charge for parking. But, other than that, the hotel is very nice.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We truly appreciate it. I'm very glad that your experience was positive and that you recognized the cleanlieness of our hotel as well as the convenience to the Indianapolis Airport. In regards to the cost of parking, I suggest booking our park and fly rate which includes your room, shuttle service to and from the airport, and up to 14 days of free parking. Also, we completely understand that you were turned off by our television sets. Good news though! Our new ownership has just ordered beautiful new flat screen televisions and they will be delivered and installed within these next few weeks. We hope to see you again very soon!