“Great Location, Quiet Room”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South
Ranked #30 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
WI
“Great Location, Quiet Room”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We have stayed at the Carlson Chains several times this year and selected this hotel based on recent reviews and past experiences with Carlson.

The room was very spacious and included comfortable lounge and desk chairs. The only thing that surprised us was that there was no fridge & microwave in the room...(the first time we've not had one at the Carlson hotels we've stayed at). My husband asked the manager about it and he said they are not included in a "standard room" there; he did graciously offer to move us to a room that had a fridge and microwave. We declined since we were there for just one night but appreciated his offer.

Breakfast was good, the room was clean and staff were exceedingly friendly. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again but would ask for a room that included the appliances next time.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
CountryInnDOS, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, responded to this review, 29 November 2011
Hello and thank your for your honesty. We truly appreciate our guests that take the time to leave us some feedback. I'm so glad that you noticed our friendly our staff was. I'm also glad that you took the time to research our reviews prior to your stay. Isn't trip advisor a great tool for travel? We currently have the microwaves and fridges in our suites only, but are planning on installing them in our standard rooms hopefully in 2012. We haven't set a date yet but those plans are in the works as we continually strive to make improvements to our property. Thanks again for your feedback!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Twin Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I travel a lot for business (work in the media) and I am a big fan of the Carlson Chains including Country Inn & Suites. When I checked into the hotel, the front of the hotel and lobby were in perfect condition. On my way to my second floor suite, the hallways and stairs were also extremely clean. The room was beyond excellent and was completely clean. I even checked the small corners, and everything was in top shape. The suite I stayed in had two rooms and offered plenty of space. The flat screen television was appreciated. The bathroom was clean and the shower was easy to regulate. The bed was extremely comfortable and I slept quite well.

I never got in the pool but I did use the hot tub on several occasions and it was a little cool for my liking, but was still comfortable. Breakfast was amazing for a free continental breakfast with waffles, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy and a large assortment of pastries, baked goods, cereals and fruit.

My only complaint was that the WIFI was a little slow. I tried all of the available networks in the hotel and could never get a good fast connection. Otherwise though, this was an amazing hotel experience and I would recommend the Country Inn and Suites Indianapolis Airport South to anyone. I'm hoping to stay there on my next trip to Indianapolis.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank TwoGaysAndAPuppy
Hello! I'm glad you enjoyed your hotel during your stay here in November. We take much pride in providing our guests with a great big hot breakfast, comfy Serta beds, and a very clean hotel. As maangers, we are sticklers about keeping up a clean hotel. We are delighted that you noticed and appreciated our hard work. I'm sorry that the wifi speed wasn't to your liking. For your future stays, anytime you have an issue with that, please contact the front desk and we will call our tech support for the wifi in the hotel. Thank you so much for your honesty. We hope to see you back here in Indianapolis very soon!
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Recently stayed 2 nights and could not have been a better experience. Th hotel staff were very friendly and the airport shuttle was waiting on us outside when we walked out. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Good price as well. They offer a park and fly option as well. In addition to the breakfast they also have a manager reception on Thursday evening with hot food. Would definetly stay again.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a positive review. Sometimes we have manager receptions on Wednesdays, and sometimes on Thursdays depending on what is going on in the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the free food and refreshments during the reception. We hope to have them more often in 2012. Thanks again and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed at this Country Inn for two nights in October and found that overall the property was very good and consistent with other Country Inns. The hotel did tell us when we checked in that a large FFA convention was in town and several high school students were staying at the hotel, but we never heard any loud noises late at night, but it was nice of them to inform us. The room, the service and the breakfast were typically Country Inn & Suites. We stay often at these type of hotels because we usually have a good experience at Country Inn & Suites.

Was initially concerned about possible noise from the airport, but we heard no airplane noise the whole time were were there.

If you need to stay in this area, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dale3
Thank you for leaving us a review. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here and didn't have an issue with the FFA group being in town. They come every year but are good kids that follow the rules. I'm also glad that you agreed that our hotel is surprisingly quiet for our location. We truly appreciate your honesty and the time you took to leave us some feedback. Please come back and see us again!
Fulda
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I usually don't stay in hotels unless they are 100% smoke free so I was reluctant about staying here. I was pleasantly surprised how clean and fresh the hotel is. The decor is typical Country Inn and very nice. The breakfast was great and staff accommodating. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jim S
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your honesty. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast. There are talks of making our hotel smoke free sometime hopefully in 2012, but we haven't set a specific date yet. We hope you will come join us again the next time you are in Indianapolis. Thanks again!
Mississauga, On
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Very happy with our stay here. The rooms were clean, the beds were super comfortable, and it only cost $80 tax Inc. A+ recommend.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank BlueSpecV
CountryInnDOS, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
We are so glad to hear that you had a great time at our hotel. For more information on special offers and sales, please consider becoming a Club Carlson member. Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a positive review. We hope to see you again soon!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I have stayed here before, last year the room was $30 less. but even at 99.00 per night it is competitive with other hotels in the area. I had a flawless stay last time, this time has been plagued with minor problems, first my TV did not have a signal for channel 7, fox news, which is about all I have on usually. but I told the girl at the desk and it was fixed quickly, then tub drain was clogged, again the staff fixed it quickly, then the hot tub had WAY too much chlorine, faded my swim suit, they replaced the water and fixed it but it took all day to heat up again so I lost a whole day of use, (the hot tub was a Key reason I picked the hotel), the side door key swipe did not work, then there was a problem with the bill, I am sure the staff will fix this issue. the staff was always friendly, professional and willing to help. since they have increased the rates I will at least look at other options next time I am in Indy. But over all the stay was pleasant, my room faced the interstate and you could hear traffic, got loud at times.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business