Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, IN
Ranked #32 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We could not have been happier with our experience! The entire Inn was clean and modern; the staff was very friendly, kind and accommodating; the breakfast DELICIOUS (which included sausage, eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurt, juices, oatmeal, sweet rolls, waffles, etc); and the beds were very comfortable! We will be returning to Indy in a few weeks and have already booked our reservations at the Country Inn! One of the best hotel experiences we have ever had!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Indyapcis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with very valuable feedback and some very kind remarks about our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Country Inn & Suites

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, IN

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed one night in a one-bedroom suite. We were placed in room 420. As soon as I got off the elevator, the hallway REEKED of smoke. It smelled like someone was smoking right there. Our room was 2 rooms off the elevator hallway. The room itself didn't smell, but being sensitive to smoke, and booking a non-smoking room, I was not happy. I called the front desk and unfortunately they did not have any of my room types available. (We wanted the one-bedroom because of the separation of our 2 children). When you opened the room door - you were hit in the face with the horrible smoke smell. I also felt that the carpet could have been a little cleaner...it almost felt a little sticky walking around w/o any socks on.

In the morning, I could smell smoke in the room - possibly guests smoking at that time and going through the air system? I informed the front desk that I wasn't pleased that the whole hallway smelled. She said it was because the 4th floor is where the smoking rooms are. Thankfully for future guests, the hotel is going smoke-free on June 1st. However, this didn't help us out.

I rated the overall rating as Poor, as I was not pleased with the smoke smell in the public areas of our floor.

Room Tip: Request a floor that is all non-smoking if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with very valuable feedback. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed smoke smell issue with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. I also wanted to share with you that our facility as of June 1st 2012 is now 100% smoke free per new city ordinance.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I just returned home after a grueling business trip with one fond memory..My 3 day stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Indianapolis (airport South). On my arrival I was not in the best of moods, but the smiling face and cheerful attitude of the girl at the check in desk helped in taming my mood. I then went to my room to find it clean and comfortable. I called the front desk to get an additional pillow (as I like many on my bed) and again one of the staff quickly arrived at my door with a smiling face and great attitude. At every turn durning my stay weather it be at breakfast or meeting the hotel GM, I was always greeted with great attitude. Thanks Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed in a whirlpool suite two weekends ago. They made a poor impression from the get go. We stood around over 5 minutes waiting to check in because the man at the front desk was busy getting alcohol from his office to other patrons at the hotel and storing more in what I can only guess is a refrigerator in his office. Apparently, a volleyball team was staying and having a party in the lounge with lots of beer. Nice!

We were told the "romance package" was waiting in our room. Upon reading what should have been included, I'd say we got screwed. Extra 40 some dollars for 8 pieces of russel stover chocolate and a bottle of sparkling cider. No cheese and crackers. We were never offered late checkout. The man behind the desk had the personality of a paper plate. Needs some people skills.

The room was pretty nice and appeared clean. Whirlpool tub was awesome. Plenty of towels and extra pillows and blankets. The walls were thin. We could hear people going down the hall and doors slamming shut. Maybe the gap at the bottom of the door was part of it. We didn't visit the pool. It was LOADED with chlorine. We could smell it in our room down the hall. Breakfast was really good. Fresh fruit, donuts, waffles, sausage, pancakes, french toast, juice, cereal, a little of everything. I will probably not choose to go here again. This was a surprise overnight from hubby and you never know what you're going to get. It left a lot to be desired. The hotel is near nothing but an interstate so plan to drive to get to anything remotely fun and entertaining.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Indyapcis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at our hotel and we certainly appreciate it. I am very sorry to hear about your less than perfect experience. We strive to provide excellent service and clearly we have failed to meet our goal during your stay. I assure you that I will fully investigate on the lack of service provided to you and use your feedback to fine tune our operations. We would love to make this right for you, please give me a call at your earliest convenience at 317-821-1100 so we can further discuss your experience.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The staff was helpful &, for the most part, friendly. Hotel was clean. There is not a whole lot around it, but it is a quick drive to other areas. Breakfast was above average for what it was. We could hear road noise (of course, it's right by the interstate), but that wasn't bothersome to us.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Indyapcis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and kind remarks about our hotel. We will be sure to use this to fine tune our operations. We are looking forward to seeing you in future.

Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed here one night on business. The hotel appeared to be a little worn out and did not have that fresh, clean feeling. The carpet on the steps for instance, was clearly worn. The best thing about this hotel was the breakfast, which had something for everyone. Better selection than most Hampton Inn's I frequent. The hotel had an indoor pool. I thought the hotel was relatively quiet despite the proximity to the freeway.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Flyinlow427vette
Indyapcis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us very valuable feedback. I would like to share some of the ongoing and future renovation plans with you. As part of these renovations we have recently installed 32" HDTV's along with new bedding package in all of guest rooms. As you have noticed we have upgraded our breakfast with more variety as well as real dinning ware for an upgraded experience. We will soon be changing common area carpets and renovating the lobby along with repainting all the guest rooms. We will be actively working on these projects throughout this year to exceed your expectations.

If you have any more suggestion or like to further discuss your experience with me please feel free to call me at 317-821-1100. I would love to hear from you. Once again thank you for your feedback and we will be looking forward to seeing you in future.

Muhammad Aslam, CHA
General Manager.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Recently stayed one night. Arrived to a cozy lobby with a fireplace. Our room was a good size for 4. Everything was clean but the carpet. You could see the filth on the carpet and it was sticky to walk on. Beds were nice but need new pillows! We awoke to find that 3 vehicles had their windows smashed out. It seemed like a nice area with a subdivision on one side. If we have to go back to Indy I would not choose to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy g
Indyapcis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, IN, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Dear Tracy,
I am so sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I assure you that this is not a standard of our service and I have addressed the cleanliness issue with my staff to make sure that this will not happen again. We are also very sorry that you had to find about the unfortunate incident of car break inns. This is not the norm and it was very unfortunate. Since then we have added more security measures and doing everything possible to provide a safe environment for our guests. I would love to further discuss your experiences with you. Please feel free to give me a call at 3178211100. Your feedback is much appreciated and we hope that you will accept our apology and visit us again.