“One of our favorite Inns” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South
Ranked #27 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Evansville, Indiana
“One of our favorite Inns”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stay at this Inn while visiting our Son who lives in Indy. This Inn is a joy to stay at. Great staff to begin with. Always in good humor and friendly. The Morning buffet is always fresh and well stocked. The room clean and well tended. Overall a well managed and staffed Inn.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Indyapcis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with very valuable feedback and some very kind remarks about our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Country Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We could not have been happier with our experience! The entire Inn was clean and modern; the staff was very friendly, kind and accommodating; the breakfast DELICIOUS (which included sausage, eggs, potatoes, fresh fruit, yogurt, juices, oatmeal, sweet rolls, waffles, etc); and the beds were very comfortable! We will be returning to Indy in a few weeks and have already booked our reservations at the Country Inn! One of the best hotel experiences we have ever had!

Kalamazoo, MI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed one night in a one-bedroom suite. We were placed in room 420. As soon as I got off the elevator, the hallway REEKED of smoke. It smelled like someone was smoking right there. Our room was 2 rooms off the elevator hallway. The room itself didn't smell, but being sensitive to smoke, and booking a non-smoking room, I was not happy. I called the front desk and unfortunately they did not have any of my room types available. (We wanted the one-bedroom because of the separation of our 2 children). When you opened the room door - you were hit in the face with the horrible smoke smell. I also felt that the carpet could have been a little cleaner...it almost felt a little sticky walking around w/o any socks on.

In the morning, I could smell smoke in the room - possibly guests smoking at that time and going through the air system? I informed the front desk that I wasn't pleased that the whole hallway smelled. She said it was because the 4th floor is where the smoking rooms are. Thankfully for future guests, the hotel is going smoke-free on June 1st. However, this didn't help us out.

I rated the overall rating as Poor, as I was not pleased with the smoke smell in the public areas of our floor.

Room Tip: Request a floor that is all non-smoking if you are a non-smoker.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with very valuable feedback. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed smoke smell issue with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future. I also wanted to share with you that our facility as of June 1st 2012 is now 100% smoke free per new city ordinance.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

I just returned home after a grueling business trip with one fond memory..My 3 day stay at the Country Inn and Suites in Indianapolis (airport South). On my arrival I was not in the best of moods, but the smiling face and cheerful attitude of the girl at the check in desk helped in taming my mood. I then went to my room to find it clean and comfortable. I called the front desk to get an additional pillow (as I like many on my bed) and again one of the staff quickly arrived at my door with a smiling face and great attitude. At every turn durning my stay weather it be at breakfast or meeting the hotel GM, I was always greeted with great attitude. Thanks Country Inn and Suites.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed in a whirlpool suite two weekends ago. They made a poor impression from the get go. We stood around over 5 minutes waiting to check in because the man at the front desk was busy getting alcohol from his office to other patrons at the hotel and storing more in what I can only guess is a refrigerator in his office. Apparently, a volleyball team was staying and having a party in the lounge with lots of beer. Nice!

We were told the "romance package" was waiting in our room. Upon reading what should have been included, I'd say we got screwed. Extra 40 some dollars for 8 pieces of russel stover chocolate and a bottle of sparkling cider. No cheese and crackers. We were never offered late checkout. The man behind the desk had the personality of a paper plate. Needs some people skills.

The room was pretty nice and appeared clean. Whirlpool tub was awesome. Plenty of towels and extra pillows and blankets. The walls were thin. We could hear people going down the hall and doors slamming shut. Maybe the gap at the bottom of the door was part of it. We didn't visit the pool. It was LOADED with chlorine. We could smell it in our room down the hall. Breakfast was really good. Fresh fruit, donuts, waffles, sausage, pancakes, french toast, juice, cereal, a little of everything. I will probably not choose to go here again. This was a surprise overnight from hubby and you never know what you're going to get. It left a lot to be desired. The hotel is near nothing but an interstate so plan to drive to get to anything remotely fun and entertaining.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Indyapcis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay at our hotel and we certainly appreciate it. I am very sorry to hear about your less than perfect experience. We strive to provide excellent service and clearly we have failed to meet our goal during your stay. I assure you that I will fully investigate on the lack of service provided to you and use your feedback to fine tune our operations. We would love to make this right for you, please give me a call at your earliest convenience at 317-821-1100 so we can further discuss your experience.

Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

The staff was helpful &, for the most part, friendly. Hotel was clean. There is not a whole lot around it, but it is a quick drive to other areas. Breakfast was above average for what it was. We could hear road noise (of course, it's right by the interstate), but that wasn't bothersome to us.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Indyapcis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and kind remarks about our hotel. We will be sure to use this to fine tune our operations. We are looking forward to seeing you in future.