“Weekend stay with Country Inn & Suites” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South
Ranked #27 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Coxs Creek
“Weekend stay with Country Inn & Suites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Turned out to be much nicer than expected. Was running late getting out of town, so I knew we'd be after 11 upon arrival. Called hotel and was told not to worry. When I go there the person I had talked to already had roomkey ready and did have the room requested (not on 1st floor & away from elevator). We were on the 4th floor so no over head noise. We did end up facing the highway, but really wasn't a problem. Room was nice and comfortable. Cleaning staff was super polite and able to take care of request. Pool hours are outstanding. For under 18 they are open until 11 PM and for over 18 you can stay till midnight. The first night there they had plenty of towels. The 2nd night they had already ran out, but a quick call to the front desk and it was refilled. Water temp was a little on the cool side, but the hot tub was great. For a evening treat, make sure to get a cookie! Breakfast was wonderful and kept up to date. Eggs & Bacon or Saugage, Waffels, Cereal, Muffins, Fresh Fruit, Yogurt, Bagels, Bread, Oatmeal, Juice, Milk, Coffee and Tea. It was way more than we expected and kept us from spending money prior to going to the race track. There are resturants nearby, fast food and sit down.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not by the elevator\ice machine as they are very quiet when further down the hall. Al...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gina1269

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel while going through Orientation with Gordon Trucking, Inc. in Indianapolis, Indiana. I found the guest service very courteous, professional, and all around helpful to the guests. This location had a business center, exercise room, full size pool and jacuzzi. The room service did an excellent job of making sure the rooms were clean and tidy. The break room staff made sure that items were stocked and ready for guests. They even had breakfast bags ready for the guests that were on the go. The courtesy van was ready to pick-up and drop-off guests at the airport, train station, and bus station 24 hours a day. The courtesy van also was available to assist guests in getting to a local store in the area if needed.
Overall, I had a very good experience at this location. I have been to numerous hotels and motels all across the United States because I am Drive Away Driver that traveled all across the United States. Formerly, I also was a Fuji Technician whom installed and serviced numerous photo lab customers throughout the Midwestern United States. And, I have also been in the hospitality business for the past 24 years mostly working in the restaurant/banquet/niteclub business.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Edward Y
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

All personel friendly. All helpful. Note: Long ago in a place called Ahn Khe, I secretly borrowed my Sergeants Major's pipe and tobacco. And today you provide a nice smoking area for us old vets. I am grateful.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank bubb727
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Helpful & friendly front desk. Everyone I encountered was friendly. Clean, good deal. Had a two night stay, after returning from a long day at the track, I found beds unmade, garbage still in cans, & empty plastic cups. New towels & soap, so I know they were here. It's a first for me.

• Stayed June 2013
Pittsboro, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel is located within 5-7 minutes from the airport which was convenient. There is also an shuttle to and from the airport, but we did not use that service. While its very close to the interstate, our room did not face the interstate so the traffic noise did not disturb us. Check in was simple, the front desk clerk friendly and professional. Explained the best area to park, the hours of the morning breakfast buffet.

The room was spacious with an extra chair, desk with comfortable chair, flat screen TV, and a very comfortable king size bed. The bathroom was also spacious and very clean. I would have liked to have had a small refrigerator in my room, but that was the only thing I would have changed.

We had the breakfast buffet two mornings and it had a nice variety with different items each morning. It was well stocked with fresh food and drinks. Was pleased with the breakfast buffet.

I feel for a 2 1/2 star hotel, this was a good hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J G
Indyapcis, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us in Indianapolis. We look forward to your next stay.

Somerset, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

As a flight attendant I'm in hotels 3, four nights a week.
I have my share of comparisons.
Hotel rooms can make or break a four day trip.
Walking in to CI&S is welcoming, country charm.
There isn't a lot going on, so ifyou're looking for night life, this probably isn't the place. However I'm not sure what's around the hotel. A simple google search could tell you that.
It was a quick stay, no time for the gym- but from what I could tell the gym and pool were well kept and up and running.
Breakfast is complimentary in the morning and items are fresh, hot replenished constantly. The girl who takes care of it does a great job.
Rooms are beyond comfortable.
Ceiling fans are a nice touch and beds are great. Plush bedding, nice pillows.
Bathrooms and entire room actually are well lit. Big pet peeve is rooms with lighting issues. Another huge plus is there are no housekeeping staff u yelling room numbers down the hall. It's quiet, clean and everything is mindfully planned for a positive guest experience. And they succeed. To me it always comes down to the GM, clearly management knows what is important and makes sure it stays consistent. Employees are pleasant and efficient and that reflects that.
It's a nice place- you'll like it.
Grab a book, enjoy the country feel of the patio and grab a cookie at the desk.
A nice treat!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank njafares

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights during the last weekend in July. I used my Club Carlson points to get this stay for free. We had just stayed at the Greenfield, Indiana location the night before. I wondered why it was 15,000 pts to stay here as opposed to just 9,000 pts in Greenfield. The minute I opened the door to our room, I had my answer. SPACE.
We opted for an upgrade if one was available, and it was. Instead of a king room for free (because of our points) we paid $7/night for the kng suite upgrade. We had a separate sitting area with a nice sofa and chair, a specal cabinet that houses a microwave, a great little refrigerator with freezer, and a storage cabinet for non perishable food items.
Carpets were nice and clean, room smelled fresh, desk area was big, another chair next to the window, roomy bathroom- everything was perfect.
Breakfast was great, bacon, scramble eggs, bagels... hot and cold breakfast fare, nicely presented and well stocked. The pool looked great, but we didn't use it.
When we checked out, we found that our tire was flat. The hotel sent a member from their maintenance crew to help and he, along with a very helpful guest, changed our tire for us. We were SO grateful!
I will be staying here next time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family