Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South
Ranked #27 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Lexington, Kentucky
“Room Stunk!”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Based on our good experiences at other Country Inn and Suites, I booked this without checking reviews. Bad idea. We arrived very late and we where given our room card. When we entered the room, the odor of what smelled like cat pee drove is back out. I reported to the lady at the front desk (who was very nice) of the problem. She accompanied us to the room with a can of deodorizer, but agreed that this was a serious problem. We were give another room for the night but we were informed that they would be booked solid for the rest of the weekend and that room would be our only option for the rest of our stay. (I booked a whirlpool room) She advised she would tell management the next morning. (see other reviews)
My wife and I agreed that the odds they could correct the problem was iffy, especially since the day clerk informed us they thought the odor was coming from the whirlpool, so we moved on to a different hotel the next morning. This hotel needs to be freshened up. However I will give the night clerk an “at-a-girl” for her efforts. Next time to the area I will check reviews on this location before booking. Since the room we received for the night was OK, I will give this location a "C"

Room Tip: Check reviews before booking this location.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Reviewed 22 October 2013

good service, the hotel had out package ready when we arrived. the manager even upgraded us to a whirlpool suite in recognition of my elite status. very satisfied.
they have cookies by the check-in counter and they were yummy.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tidalwave337
Goshen, Indiana
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Had a great one night stay here as a family. Service and staff were friendly. Breakfast was plentiful and food good. Glad to have a fully nonsmoking facility. We had the pool and hot tub to ourselves and our kids loved it. Water pressure in showers was good too. No problems booking on a 3rd party web site. We brought a small fan to run so noise would not be an issue--glad we brought it since the hotel is near the highway with traffic noise and thin walls allowed us to hear a lot of our neighbors outside our room and below us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Coxs Creek
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Turned out to be much nicer than expected. Was running late getting out of town, so I knew we'd be after 11 upon arrival. Called hotel and was told not to worry. When I go there the person I had talked to already had roomkey ready and did have the room requested (not on 1st floor & away from elevator). We were on the 4th floor so no over head noise. We did end up facing the highway, but really wasn't a problem. Room was nice and comfortable. Cleaning staff was super polite and able to take care of request. Pool hours are outstanding. For under 18 they are open until 11 PM and for over 18 you can stay till midnight. The first night there they had plenty of towels. The 2nd night they had already ran out, but a quick call to the front desk and it was refilled. Water temp was a little on the cool side, but the hot tub was great. For a evening treat, make sure to get a cookie! Breakfast was wonderful and kept up to date. Eggs & Bacon or Saugage, Waffels, Cereal, Muffins, Fresh Fruit, Yogurt, Bagels, Bread, Oatmeal, Juice, Milk, Coffee and Tea. It was way more than we expected and kept us from spending money prior to going to the race track. There are resturants nearby, fast food and sit down.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not by the elevator\ice machine as they are very quiet when further down the hall. Al...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gina1269
Irving, Texas
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel while going through Orientation with Gordon Trucking, Inc. in Indianapolis, Indiana. I found the guest service very courteous, professional, and all around helpful to the guests. This location had a business center, exercise room, full size pool and jacuzzi. The room service did an excellent job of making sure the rooms were clean and tidy. The break room staff made sure that items were stocked and ready for guests. They even had breakfast bags ready for the guests that were on the go. The courtesy van was ready to pick-up and drop-off guests at the airport, train station, and bus station 24 hours a day. The courtesy van also was available to assist guests in getting to a local store in the area if needed.
Overall, I had a very good experience at this location. I have been to numerous hotels and motels all across the United States because I am Drive Away Driver that traveled all across the United States. Formerly, I also was a Fuji Technician whom installed and serviced numerous photo lab customers throughout the Midwestern United States. And, I have also been in the hospitality business for the past 24 years mostly working in the restaurant/banquet/niteclub business.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Edward Y
Reviewed 18 September 2013

All personel friendly. All helpful. Note: Long ago in a place called Ahn Khe, I secretly borrowed my Sergeants Major's pipe and tobacco. And today you provide a nice smoking area for us old vets. I am grateful.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank bubb727
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Helpful & friendly front desk. Everyone I encountered was friendly. Clean, good deal. Had a two night stay, after returning from a long day at the track, I found beds unmade, garbage still in cans, & empty plastic cups. New towels & soap, so I know they were here. It's a first for me.

• Stayed June 2013
Travellers also viewed these Indianapolis hotels
Comfort Suites Indianapolis Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Indianapolis W - Airport Area
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis
Hampton Inn & Suites Indianapolis-Airport
Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport
Hyatt Place Indianapolis Airport
#21 of 178 in Indianapolis
La Quinta Inn Indianapolis Airport Executive Drive

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Indianapolis Airport South? Share your experiences!