“Some areas need attention”

Conrad Indianapolis
Ranked #3 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 23 November 2013

While the facilities are very nice, some areas of the hotel and the service of its staff really should be better.
The wifi is the most intermittent unreliable service I've ever had in any hotel. I mentioned this at reception last time I stayed, over 2 1/2 years ago but nothing has improved.
The housekeeping leaves much to be desired and the staff in reception do not seem to care when issues are brought to their attention, except one guy who was upstairs with a new toilet roll within minutes. But this was at the third time of asking some of his colleagues.
The alignment of the bed to the tv in my room meant the left side of the bed is six inches lower than the right side because no one ever lies on the right side. Why do housekeeping never turn the mattresses?
Housekeeping seem to make decisions for you as to what is trash and what isn't. I left a clear plastic bag on the desk containing cable ties and clips which I was using. They assumed it was trash and one day it was just gone. I needed that equipment.
Breakfast is nice, but on three occasions I was served raw potatoes. That's totally unacceptable.
I fed back these issues in a constructive manner, but felt like I wasn't even being listened to.
I do enjoy staying at the Conrad and it's a shame that these minor niggling issues made this a frustrating stay. I hope these issues can be put right instead of becoming a growing list of issues that indicate the unfortunate decline of a nice hotel

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
conradindy, General Manager at Conrad Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel.

We take a great deal of pride in meeting our guests’ expectations and are disappointed anytime we fall short of that goal. Your input and concerns are appreciated, as it gives us an opportunity to improve upon our quality and services. If you wish to discuss your stay further, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I’m always glad to listen to our guests’ suggestions.

I hope to have another opportunity to serve you here at Conrad Indianapolis.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

It was an okay hotel. There was coffee in the lobby but only in the morning. The room was nice but it was difficult to figure out what light switches operated what light fixtures, especially in the bathroom. Yeah, there was a robe and slippers in the closet but that's not a big deal. Some guests put their dirty room service trays in the hallway which I thought was tacky. The room maid never gave me enough soap and coffee each day...the hotel is really skimpy on this. So, I had to keep asking for supplies at the front desk. Why would they only put one cream packet in the coffee box? Also, and this is the part that annoys me, I ate a snack from the mini bar and paid for it when I checked out. I was on a business trip and didn't want the expense to show up on the bill. However, they went ahead and charge it anyway so not only did it show up on my bill, this one item was paid for twice. The big downside to this hotel is that there is no restaurant on the premise. There is a Panera across the street which I ate at everyday for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
conradindy, General Manager at Conrad Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Debra. I understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with our some aspects of your stay. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. Be assured that all of the comments you outlined in your review will be internally discussed for immediate action.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail. I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

A great hotel if you get a corporate rate. Part of the Hilton Honors program, so that's a perk if you're a member. Great downtown location with plenty of restaurants nearby. Close to Monument Circle if your business is taking you there. Great staff, very clean rooms, luxurious bathrooms.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review, Christopher. We appreciate your thoughtful feedback

Please feel free to reach out to me directly the next time you head to Indianapolis. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Conrad!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for leisure after a long week of business travel. I sent some laundry out when I arrived and it was not returned for over 12 hours after it had been picked up. The staff assured me that it would be ready with in 3 hours which somehow turned into 17 hours. I understand that mistakes happen, but the staff just brushed the situation off like it was no big deal. I ended up having to purchase new clothes to wear to an event the next day. There were also issues with the cleanliness and working order of the bathroom.

4  Thank Amanda D
conradindy, General Manager at Conrad Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay, Amanda.

I was disappointed to read from your review that your laundry took so long to deliver. I sincerely apologize and assure you that your experience does not reflect the level of standards we strive to provide all our guests. I hope that this isolated incident will not deter you from visiting us again. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback.

Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me directly. I would very much like the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Long-time reader, first-time reviewer on Tripadvisor. I usually pore over TripAdvisor reviews before traveling, but typically don't feel the need to comment on a stay unless it was particularly poor; or if it was "above-and-beyond" outstanding. The Indianapolis Conrad was certainly the latter. I am HHonors Gold and informed the hotel ahead of our stay that it was my wife's birthday. Everyone, from the valet, to the front desk, and the concierge were fantastic. So warm and inviting. They upgraded us to a corner suite with wonderful views of downtown, and had chilled champagne and strawberries in our room when we returned from dinner! Absolutely top-notch, I can't say enough good things about this hotel. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

I truly appreciate your feedback, Chuck! I am elated to hear that you chose to spend such a special occasion with us. We take great pride in our team’s attention to the little details that made your stay such a memorable one.

Please feel free to reach out the next time you are planning a trip to downtown Indy. I look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Indianapolis!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

The rooms were very clean and well-kept. The hotel offered a nice pool, hot tub, steam room, and spa. The food was delicious food at the hotel restaurant. The staff was very helpful. The hotel's location was great - within walking distance of all downtown venues.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your feedback, Richard. We take great pride in our amenities, partners and team members, and I am happy to see that these aspects made your stay such a memorable one.

If you head back to Indianapolis, please feel free to reach out to me directly. I look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Indianapolis!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here for 1 night for our anniversary. Check in was very quick, and we were given a room on the highest floor with a fabulous view of monument circle - room 1824. The room is beautifully decorated and immaculately cleaned. The hotel had a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us in the room. The bed was extremely comfortable with down pillows and fabulos sheets. The bathroom had a large tub, separate from the shower and very nice aromatherapy bath products. Loved having the small wall mounted tv in the bathroom when getting showered in the morning. 2 little things I didn't like. 1...the coffee maker in the room did not work, luckily I found complimentary coffee right off the elevator in the morning. :)). 2....I appreciate the lighted vanity mirror in the bathroom, however, it is mounted about 4 feet off the ground and I'm 5'7". Maybe we were in a handicapped accessible room? Not sure. Overall, the hotel is gorgeous, and I highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are truly honored that you chose to celebrate such a special occasion with us!

I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience you experienced with your coffee maker during your stay. Please know we strive to make every aspect of the guest experience exceptional.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Conrad Indianapolis!

Wishing you a very happy anniversary!