“Very large suite room”

Ranked #9 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Fuchu, Japan
“Very large suite room”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The location of this hotel is just off the center of downtown Indianapolis. But the hotel is close to Lucas Oil Stadium and there were some good restaurants and bars around it. Very convenient location.

The room I stayed was super large suite room! I stayed here for business by myself for one night, so this room was just too large for me, but I felt luxurious in terms of the room space. Another features of the room was exposed beams (looked very old beam), bricks and high ceiling.

Breakfast was just ordinary and nothing special, just like Hampton Inn breakfast.

The service was good, no problems with check-in/out and valet parking.

I would stay here again next time I need to spend a night in Indianapolis.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Masahisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Polish first
Boston
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Yes, the suites were beautiful. Breakfast and happy hours were nice. The location is amazing, in the heart of it all... But, truly because it's in the heart of it all, if you have any interest in getting a good night's sleep, don't even consider this hotel.

I'm not a light sleeper, but the noise surrounding this hotel is insane. They do have "sound proof windows"- but it doesn't even begin to stop the booming and thudding from the bars/clubs, the police cleaning up last call, and the over noise.
I have lived in cites my whole life, so street noise doesn't bother me, but this was too much.

I was on the street side the first night, then asked to be moved- I got some slack from the managers, but was eventually moved to an interior room. It was slightly better, but I still needed to sleep with my phone's white noise and noise-canceling head phones with music.
Apparently, this is a big issue, especially for Thursday-Saturday nights there- as said by the staff.

Otherwise, the place was really nice, clean, roomy, etc. The gym has 5 machines, so not great, but clean and not crowded.

Room Tip: Interior, if you have to. But, I really don't recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank lmas14
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Imas14,

We appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests. My apologies for the disruptive sleep you experienced during your stay in the downtown area. Being the midst of it all we are subject to some city disturbances. We are close to many nightspots and are host to many conventioneers throughout the year. We have spoken to our neighbors and have tried to ensure our guests have a peaceful night's sleep. Thank you for all your wonderful compliments regarding our facility. We put forth great efforts to provide the best hotel environment for all our guests. Again, we do appreciate the feedback in order to allow us to improve. I hope that you’ll stay with on a not so busy week so we’ll have an opportunity to make this up to you.

Sincerely
Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2012

If you are doing anything in downtown Indy this is the place to stay. The Homewood suites at the crossing (86th st) are also very nice, cheaper and close to Mall and shopping, however this one downtown one is the middle of it all. After our first stay here we have recommend these suites to all our friends and everyone loves it. Huge rooms with vaulted ceilings and full kitchens. A few updates could be done, but it still deserves 5 stars. As with all Hiltons' the customer service is next to none. In fact, since staying in our first Homewood Suites may years ago, it's the only place we stay

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JoshBaskin
Little Chute, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Frig doesn't work. Reported to hotel and the manager tried to make me feel like I'm crazy, kept saying that it's not going to freeze things. I KNOW that, but it should at least keep my milk, water and soda colder than lukewarm. Way too pricey to be treated like that. Can't really make complete use of the kitchen if I can't keep things cold. Not happy.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear joanbz,

I’m Eugene, General Manager at the hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience and misunderstanding regarding your room’s refrigerator. I deeply regret that you had a poor experience and our resolution was not to your satisfaction. It is never our intention to insult our guests in any way. Thank you for the feedback in order to allow us to improve. Please feel free to contact me at the hotel at (317) 636-7992. Please consider staying with us on your next visit so we have the opportunity to make this up to you.

Louisville
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My husband and I traveled to Indy for a concert at Conseco Fieldhouse and this hotel was the best location for us, as our goal was to not do any driving while there. It is almost directly off of the interstate and many attractions are easily within walking distance (including Lucas Oil Stadium, Conseco Fieldhouse, the Convention Center), as are several restaurants, bars, and shopping.

The hotel lobby and the rooms are gorgeous, clean and the decor is unique and beautiful. The bed was FANTASTIC! This hotel was converted from a shoe warehouse and has stunning original exposed beams and brick walls. Customer service was great and all of our needs were met. The weekend complimentary breakfast was fantastic--best I've ever had at a hotel and included Belgian waffles, cheese eggs, sausages, pastries, bagels, cereals, fruit salad, etc and fantastic coffees!

Also, we stayed there on St. Patrick's Day weekend and there was an Irish pub directly across the street--during the day, we heard a little bit of music but nothing that our own TV didn't drown out. And at night, even with partying going on, our room was quiet! (Security side note: the hotel locks its doors at night and has security stationed so it's a safe, secure place to stay, as well!)

The cost of the room was a little more expensive than we are used to paying but we would do it again in a heartbeat--it was such a fantastic experience. Don't hesitate to make your reservation here, you won't be sorry.

A note on parking if you aren't familiar with the area--in general, the hotels don't have dedicated parking. Homewood offers valet parking for $20+, but there are lots of other parking options in the area. We were pleased with the nearby Union Station Self Parking Garage. They offer 24-hour parking, which was the cheapest in the area and was literally a few buildings away from Homewood Suites.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chilinobeans
Dear guest,

As general manager for the Homewood Suites, I thank you for leaving positive feedback. We appreciate you describing all the wonderful features that you’ve noticed as guests to potential visitors. We are glad that you felt safe and secure with our security and that you did not experience too much noise during the busy weekend. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our wide selection of breakfast items and that you received a good night’s rest. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Indianapolis. See you next time.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Just stayed at homewood suites last night and we were very impressed. Great spacious room. Beautiful modern room. Easy valet parking. Great location. Short walk to all resurants and concert venue. Would stay here again no doubt about it

• Stayed March 2012
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Meganj52,

I’m Eugene, General Manager at the Homewood Suites in Indianapolis. We are very pleased that you left positive feedback. The hotel does have a great downtown location and is a very convenient spot for many of our guests to enjoy Indianapolis. I’m very happy to hear that you like our accommodations. Please think of us again when you are in the area. Thank you again.

All the best,
Brazil, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My husband and I decided to stay here for a little weekend getaway and we had an amazing time! We had planned to spend a lot of our time walking around the city, but frigid temperatures kept us inside a lot of the time and we did not mind a bit. The rooms are warm and inviting, and the decor is absolutely beautiful. The high ceilings and wooden beams in the room definitely cast a unique feel. The history behind the building is also very interesting. The staff is very accommodating, particularly the girl that works overnight. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will definitely be staying again in the near future. Something else that is noteworthy is the pool. I've been to several hotels claiming to have a heated pools and it ended up not to be so, but theirs is perfect! Also, if you choose this hotel definitely go with the Valet! It is worth every penny.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple