Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
san francisco, United States
“Great Charm”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The hotel is in a renovated old building downtown and it turned out to be very hip and enjoyable. the rooms are extra large with very high ceilings which leads to an amazing sense of space. The only complaint is that the window was a little small however the value for money more than made up for it. Great location if you need to be downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Polish first
Illinois
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Amazing hotel with high ceilings, full kitchens, comfortable beds, etc. The checkin was smooth and the rooms were available early for us. This is our go-to hotel when we are headed to Indy. Right in the middle of the action with restaurants, bars, and shopping all around. So far they have never disappointed. Valet is only option for parking and the staff was courteous and professional. When I called for car, it was there unexpectantly quick. The only downside is the cost of valet at $24 (plus tips). There is a lot across the street to self park for $15 (not sure about how safe the car would be with the crowds on the weekends). Thank you again for another great stay!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Meridian Ave. offer great natural light and good views from huge windows. Some ha...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I really do love this hotel; have stayed here multiple times over the years, mostly for the Colts games. Great location. Most of the other reviews are correct; you realy do get a mix of experiences. For this Denver match up, Homewood really kicked up the prices. I get it, supply and demand, but with higher prices come higher customer expectations.

The front desk staff, in person or on phone, lack customer service skills - they always have. Lobby is awesome, breakfast is bland and rooms have great character. However, if you're going to charge anything north of 200.00 a night you have to do your end to esnure I get my monies worth.

The sink was clogged, 2 requests for a fix with zero response. The bathroom floors were filthy with hair and other 'unknown' particles. Small kitchenette raised some concerns with cleanliness, but after seeing the bathroom floor you have to wonder what "shortcuts" were taken with the cleaning and sanitizing.

Suggestions: it has been over 5 years since my first visit and your customer service still lacks any quality. If your folks hate working there replace them. Who's checking the cleanliness of the rooms? Put in place a random check policy to keep staff at their best. I can't criticize the breakfast simply because it's a bonus. I just dont eat it.

Again,if you're going to charge luxury level prices for your rooms then I expect a higher level of service, cleanliness and upkeep. There are now a few more hotels in the area, and this experience with you all has motivated me to shop my money. Best of luck to you all.

I give this visit a YUM YUM out of 5 YUMS.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from street side to help with noise. Still bring some ear plugs or a sleeping m...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
hwsplainfield, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest.

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Indianapolis Downtown Hotel; "your home away from home."

Thank you taking the time to provide us with this honest feedback. I would like to personally apologize for the many inconsistancies in service, that you experienced during your most recent stay with us. This is not the level of service that our hotel is proud of or has become known for. I will share your feedback with my team and will use it during our retraining efforts so that we may sharpen our focus. It is my hope that we're able to regain your confidence in the near future!

Best regards,

new jersey
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Overpriced at $269 per night! Breakfast served on foam plates and palstic untensils. Toliet clogged constanly. Pool out of order. Maid didnt clean our room. Suites are nice sized. For the price, this place did not meet my expectations. Breakfast staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Dear valued guest,

I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Fort Madison, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I booked 4 rooms at this hotel in June for an October 20 visit. I was emailed on October 7 and told they no longer had the rooms available. To set up a business trip for associates and be canceled on at this late notice is ridiculous.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
hwsplainfield, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

First of all, thank you for your review. I truly apologize if you we were unable to provide you with the rooms you had originally requested. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconvenience.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Are you serious? Senior discount is not available due to blackout dates?? It's on your websites that you offer these discounts. This includes all types of discounts they offer such as military, government, corporate and HHpoints you've earned. I wonder who's bright idea this was. So disappoint! Shame on you price gougers! Let's see if they give us the special accommodations we requested.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Vernon Hills, United States
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Thsi Homewood Suites is a very nice hotel esthetically speaking. Lobby and rooms are very nice and location is at the epicenter of Indy night life. However, parking is a challenge unless you want/like to valet your car for $24. Having a room on the 2nd floor on the street-side of the hotel is a nightmare. You will hear ALL the street noise - people talking, cars, motorcycles, police, etc. Impossible to sleep! Get a room on the back side of the hotel! I didn't know this fact and the front desk didn't seem to care when I called to change my room location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your recent review. I was glad to read from your review that you enjoyed our location and that you found our staff to be friendly and hospitable. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you particularly the disruptive noises you experienced.

It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of more effectively soundproofing our property.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.