“Outstanding! A+ Customer Service”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown
Ranked #8 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I travel a lot for business and will only stay at Hilton properties. This is by far one of the nicest places I’ve stayed for business and from a price point perspective, an excellent value. The front desk staff was very friendly; the rooms were quiet, large, and comfortable. As far as location goes you can’t do any better, as everything downtown from this hotel is walking distance.

Just a quick point about this locations customer service. I was in town during the NCAA Sweet 16 games which I’m sure is a huge week for all hotels. My boss who I was supposed to be traveling with cancelled on me the day we were to arrive at this property. Because of the high demand, they had a 24 hour cancellation policy in effect. I spoke via phone with Mr. Hilliard the General Manager and explained my situation to him. Although one of my rooms was past the 24 hour period, and subject to the full rate, Mr. Hilliard waived the charge and allowed me to cancel without penalty. Understanding his point of view on trying to keep his hotel 100% full during a prime week for occupancy, I certainly appreciated him doing this for me. Based on just that alone I’ll be staying here the next time I’m in town.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Aric B

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We recently had an unexpected change in our reservation. We were looking forward to our stay, and they were extremely helpful in working with us on our reservation. Wanda was extremely friendly and professional, and the General Manager, Eugene, very accommodating to our situation. Their level of customer service is not something experienced these days, and I can't say enough how impressed we were with their follow up. We look forward to another opportunity to stay at the Homewood Suites in Downtown Indianapolis!!!!!!
Thank You!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stay in downtown Indy often, but thought we would try a different hotel out. It hasn't been a problem in the past but that was until we tried to stay here.

First Impressions - put off by the lack of parking by valet (which is the only way you can park at this hotel by the way). It was a mad house at check in; we had to drag our luggage 2 blocks to the hotel. Not a great start.

Room - seemed ok at first. Lots of space, but really dated looking on the inside. Did our customary bed bug check and didn't see any thing so I thought I would lay on the bed to test it out. I was there maybe 5 min and I got up to go to the bathroom. I felt something running up my neck. I knocked it off and my wife killed it. All I know is it was bug about the size of a watermelon seed. Called the front desk and they moved us down 2 rooms. Not a good start to our stay at all.

The Pack and Play Incidents - we had a pack and play brought to our room so our daughter could sleep. The maid did not set it up for us, just left it in the middle of the room. I proceeded to unfold and set it up when I noticed a large stain on the bottom of the pack and play; it was also on the mat. It looked like dried baby vomit. I called to get another one, but it had yet another huge stain on the mat. Long story short if you brave this hotel and have a small kid, bring your own place for it to sleep.

The long night - well my wife was freaked out that the hotel had bugs and couldn't sleep. My kid was taking up 1 bed and I braved the other. Halfway through the night my wife tried the bed b/c she was just wore out. It ended up being me, my wife and my 6 year old son in 1 queen bed; needless to say no one got much rest.

The breakfast - not really that great, but I guess I wasn't expecting much after the rest of the hotel pretty much let me down.

The manager - of course she stated that it wasn't a bed bug and they have never had an issue with bed bugs before since the hotel opened. She offered me a measly 1/2 off my bill which hardly seemed fair for what I had gone through at her hotel. So much for the Hilton 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.

Summary - in my opinion there are much better options in the area. The Embassy Suites is probably in the same class as this hotel so I would suggest staying there instead of this hotel. This hotel let me down from the moment I got there. I will not be back. The only reason they get a 2 instead of 1 rating is they "tried" to make it better; they did not make it better for me at all.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
hwsplainfield, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Indianapolis Downtown Hotel; your home away from home.

Please accept my deepest apology for the experience that you and your family had recently at our hotel. This is not consistent with the level of service and amenity offerings that we've become known for. I met with my team moments ago and shared your feedback with them. We will use this opportunity to refocus our attention, so that we may prevent this from happening in the future. Should your travels bring you back to the Indianapolis area, we would honored to have the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Decent hotel, however if you end up in a 1st floor suite, be ready for noise and lots of it. The walls on the 1st fl are paper thin. The room was pretty dirty. It looked ok upon quick inspection. A deeper look showed a lot of filth.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the level of noise and cleanliness issues that you experienced. In the future, please feel free to contact the front desk, so that we can address your concerns immediately. Our housekeeping team has been notified of the cleanliness issues and will work to improve.

Should your travels bring you back to Indianapolis, we'd be honored to have the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, updated and huge rooms. More like apartments. Complete kitchen was amazing. Great location near restaurants and bars. Complimentary buffet breakfast was nice. I'd definitely recommend.

Only a few cons: zero bathroom ventilation and NOISE all night long from nearby bars.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

From the moment that we arrived, the bellhop/valets were so accommodating and the service didn't stop there! The suite was large and immaculate. The dinner was delicious, with an inviting attendant, and the breakfast was bountiful. We have found our new place to stay in Indianapolis!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Parking attandent like to race in your car when parking I allow them to parking my car during my stay paid for service which I had to pleasure of witnessing how they mishelded my car during my stay at this location in Indy. I reported my concerns to the mgt over parking you would think they wouldn't charge for such bad service but they did. SMH never again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lyman M
hwsplainfield, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Homewoood Suites Indianapolis Downtown Hotel; your home away from home.

Please accept my deepest apology for the service experience that you had when enteracting with our valet team. We're not proud of this mishap and have conducted very specific re-trianing of our entire valet staff to prevent these types of incidents from happening in the future.

While this is not the type of feedback that makes my day, I am grateful that you took a moment to share. It is our goal to provide our guest with exceptional service and to forge a lasting partnership with them. Should your travels bring you back to our wonderful city, it is my hope that you will allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Again, thank you! We do appreciate your loyalty and patronage.

Kind regards,