Always Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$163
The Alexander(Indianapolis)
US$209
US$192
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2008

There was mold in the bathtub and on the shower curtain, we showered with our socks on. When we asked for clean linen, they refused to give it to us. The rest of the bathroom was just as disgusting, as was the rest of the room. Do not stay here for any price; free is too much.

Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank Persiphone
Reviewed 5 November 2007

I am from Indianapolis and was coming home from Kentucky and needed a place to stay for a few days, I checked in the Always inn and it was nothing less than a nightmare. Drugs and hookers were everywere and the crime that was going on was way out of control. Why does Mayor Bart Petterson let such a place stary in business. Close this place down!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Howard44
Reviewed 27 January 2007

I stayed here in April 2006 and it was HORRIBLE, BUT I stayed here in January 2007 and everything was remodeled and new beds and everything. I asked the clerk what was the sudden change and they stay all new staff and a new owner and new mangt. So i stayed here for 17 days. I really loved it and the best part of it was 4 star service for about $55.00

• Stayed: January 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank Raj2010ofbburg
A TripAdvisor Member
Ohio
Reviewed 1 April 2006

While traveling across country we attempted to find a room in Indianapolis and many were sold out because of a wrestling tournament. We found the "Always Inn" and now wish we never did!! While my husband checked us in, I remained in the car and watched all of the shady activity going on in the parking lot. Cars in and out and people who looked like they were up to no good. My husband came out with two room keys (actual keys) and a remote control. We thought that was funny and should have known then not to chance this. We went to our room and I was shocked at the condition of it. First, the bedspread was all wrinkled and looked like someone had been lying there before. It was dirty beyond all belief and the bathroom shower curtain was filthy with something yellow and mold. The tub drain contained the top from a razor and a slice of tomato (not kidding!). We left the room and my husband went back to the lobby to complain and ask for our money back. The girl at the desk apologized for the dirty room and pointed to a sign that said no refunds that was convieniently placed behind her (not easy to see upon check-in. She said she was not authorized to give a refund but that she would give us another room that was clean. We gave her the benefit of the doubt and got the keys for another room. In driving to the other room some strange looking guy stared us down while he was walking past our car. (creepy). We entered the second room to find the t.v. on. and not much better shape than the first one. I put my purse down on the bed and the entire mattress shook. There was a piece of warped plywood under the mattress. We left the room and my husband went back to the office and said that we were not staying there. The clerk stated that the manager would be there in the morning and that she would leave the manager a note explaining the circumstances. We told her we would be back in the morning. We found a decent place to stay that night one exit away. In the morning we returned to the "Always Inn" to find that the same clerk was there and that the manager was not there. My husband demanded that she call the manager. She tried to reach him and could not so she called the owner and told him the story. The owner said for us to write a letter and that he would review it and make a decision. We were so angry, the clerk just explained to the owner about the dirty rooms so why did we need to write a letter. Thank god we only spent $45.00 during our ordeal. The outcome could have been worse (i.e stolen car, ill health, police raid due to the questionable activity which seemed to be occuring there). Do not stay here ever!!

• Stayed: February 2006
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis, In
Reviewed 21 October 2005

We stayed at this motel on October 19,2005 for one night, and believe me that one night was enough. We should have known to not stay when we went to check into the office. The office staff was RUDE to say the least. It was almost like we were interrupting him by making him do his job. When we went to check into our room, I looked at the conditions of the room and was immediately was disgusted. The room look like it hadnt been updated since 1970. The room reeked like smoke, the carpet was filthy, and the bed spread on the bed actually had a hole in it. When i went into the bathroom, it wasnt any better. There was mold in the bath tub, the floor and toilet were filthy, and the sink looked like it had hair in it. We went straight to the office and asked to be moved. The man at the office (who still acted like we were bothering him) moved us to another room. The second room was just as nasty as the first. We checked out that night, and just paid the 69.99 for the room. We went down the street to a lovely LA Quinta.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member