I flew in to Indy and did not have a car and had to rely on taxis to get back and forth from downtown to the hotel--which wasn't terrible; it's probably only 15 min to downtown and there's never any traffic. My major problem was that you can't really walk anywhere around the hotel though. There are no sidewalks and you're sandwiched between the highway, a business park and a lower-middle class neighborhood. I think there are some restaurants on the other side of the highway but you can't easily get to them without a car.
The hotel itself is nice enough. My room was large and clean with a fully stocked kitchen and you can buy junk food in the hotel's "convenience store"--healthier food options would be nice. The front desk staff was incredibly nice and helpful.
The hotel was full but surprisingly quiet. You can't hear the highway either.
This probably a great hotel if you're just passing through the city since it's cheap, clean, comfortable, and conveniently located to the highway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the award winning Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport, your Home Away From Home. Our spacious suites feature fully equipped kitchens with everything you need to prepare that home-cooked meal. Work efficiently with free high-speed Internet and local calls, plus your very own personalized voicemail. Also available is our complimentary business center with computer and Internet access.Need to relax after a long day of work or traveling? Lounge in your recliner while watching your 32-inch flat screen TV with DVD player. Borrow a movie from our lending library. Gather with friends and have a cookout at our Candlewood Gazebo. Work off stress in our state-of-the-art fitness center. Take a relaxing dip in our indoor pool and hot tub.When staying at Candlewood Suites, our complimentary washers and dryers allow you to pack light. Hungry? Grab a bite at Candlewood Cupboard, our 24/7 onsite convenience store featuring hundreds of breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack items from which to choose.We are conveniently located at the Indianapolis Airport, just minutes to downtown Indianapolis or Plainfield, Indiana. Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport is an excellent choice for employees of Rolls-Royce, Eli Lilly, Carrier Corporation, Praxair, Vertellus and the Indiana National Guard. We welcome government travelers and are FEMA approved. Call the hotel for a free shuttle to or from the airport at any time, day or night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Airport Hotel Indianapolis
- Candlewood Indianapolis
- Indianapolis Candlewood Suites