“Perfect location! Excellent Service!”

Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist
Ranked #87 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Missouri
“Perfect location! Excellent Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

We stayed at this hotel because of its proximity to Indiana University Medical Center where our daughter was going to have surgery. We needed a place to stay that would allow us to set up housekeeping and be close to the hospital for several days. This location has two bedroom units with full kitchen including dishwasher and a living room that has a recliner and couch. Our suite was large enough for us all to spread out and feel truly comfortable and at home as well as have privacy. It was immaculately clean. The front desk staff gave us directions to the best grocery store as well as restaurants when we didn't want to cook our own meals. They seemed to be genuinely interested in our comfort and assisting us with anything we needed. Since our daughter is a Peyton Manning fan it really made her happy to be able to look out her bedroom window and see Lucas Oil Stadium. We were just minutes from everything that we could possibly want or need. To top this all off they provide a great rate for medical visitors, making this a very economical place to stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Insuregal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2010

We booked our two bedroom suite in February to arrive in July for a race weekend. We arrived early in the afternoon and were told that our room was being cleaned, so come back in an hour. When we got back, we were told we didn't have a room at all!!!! They wanted to send us two miles down the road to a 'sister' property and be given a ONE bedroom with two beds....FOR FOUR PEOPLE!!! Their excuse was that someone had to extend their stay so they kept the room we had reservations for, which is ludicrous...they should have moved those people and not inconvenienced us. When we pushed the issue, they ended up giving us two one bedrooms on site. We observed them doing the same thing to another group right behind us....had reservations, no room. Upon checkout, I asked why they did not have a room for a PREPAID reservation and the clerk just said..."you don't have a room until you get a room", so I said, "So a reservation doesn't mean anything here does it?" She agreed. Great way to do business Candlewood.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank rukiddingme99
Plymouth, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2010

My wife and I have been staying at this Candlewood Suites, off and on, for the last 2 years. Due to my health situation, this is the best place to stay with its location and price. It is close to the Clarien Health hospitals, IU, Riley and also the VA hospital. They have a special rate for transplant patients. There is weekly housekeeping, a workout room, laundry room, outside pool, and coffee machine all at no cost. They also offer free shuttle service to hospitals and downtown Indy. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The floor plan is more like an apartment. The room is spacious and clean. Do yourself a favor and try them out.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DLH1293920
NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

Our room was larger and nicer than some apartments I have lived in!! The full kitchen made dining easy and convenient. The staff was very helpful and the business center was well laid out. It is a great place for business travelers or people staying in the area long term.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank L1LB1T
Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

The rooms are very clean,spacious and seem quite new. The location is ok as far as somewhat close proximity to downtown and a few restaurants (not walking though) I reserved a 1-bed suite smoking room but when we arrived we were told only non-smoking rooms available even though out of curiosity I had gone to their website 1 day earlier to check at the cost of a simialr room at that time for a friend and the room came up as available. Actually it stated all rooms types were still available so couldn't quite figure out that one. Now I don't mind to have to go outside but I hate when you book a reservation and your room type is "suddenly unavailable" Now the lady who checked us in was quite nice and stated she would give us a 10% discount for our trouble so I was fine with that but then we go to check out and our room rate went from $111 a night to $159 with the 10% off???? It all was set right in the end but be sure to check your room bill before checking out. If they would have honored my reservation for a smoking room and also not messed with the bill I would give it 5 stars. I mean the whole part of the reservation process is to "Hold the Room" and the holding really is the most important part of the reservation process. I mean really "Anybody can just take 'em" The service was great the rooms clean, spacious and nice. More like an apartment then a hotel room. There is no breakfast served but the rooms have nice studio type kitchens with coffee maker, fridge, micro, dishwasher and 2 top burner. There is a small store in the lobby for basics accessible 24 hrs. Even though a few bumps on this stay I would stay again in the future.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MotoGPMan
CityCentreHotels, Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this review, 4 September 2009
Thank you, for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you during your recent trip to Indianapolis. Our staff will always do everything possible to merit the confidence you have shown in us. I certainly apologize for your recent experience with regard to your room accommodations, this is an unfortunate occurrence. We were sold out and I am not sure the exact reason for the mix up, I can assure you we are looking into the issue and will utilize this as a training tool for the future. I am very happy to hear your nice comments about the hotel. We look forward to your return visit.

If I can be of any assistance making your accommodations or you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me directly at (317) 829-1450.

Jerry M.
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis City Centre
Bloomington,IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

Big room! And very clean. Fully equipped kitchen, even a dishwasher. It's like a little apartment, so it barely felt like a hotel room.Nice clean outdoor pool.
Our room key didn't work and we went back to the front desk three times. The third time they sent us back up to our room with a cleaner to clean the key slot (ourselves). I think maybe they are understaffed and that's why we had such poor customer service. The morning we left, I ran a bath and the water was blue! Not sure what was up with that, but you can see the blue stains on the shower head... Weird. Free shuttle stops at 9pm, and getting a cab to downtown was kind of pricey.
All in all not a bad stay for the price.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2009

There are 2 ways to visit IUPUI - stay in the city and enjoy city life or stay at Candlewood Suites and have a restful stay. I chose the latter and was pleasantly surprised! I had 2 rooms - one with a sofa and TV and one with a bed and TV - along with a kitchen and table. The rooms were spotless, the bed comfortable, and the microwave useful (for the free popcorn).

I would recommend this place for anyone who has had enough of the city and enough travel to want a clean, nice place to stay without much noise, disruption, or hassle. No, they don't provide a free breakfast, but I was told that upon check-in plus I generally carry my own oatmeal anyway. The little store was a nice touch as I could get some soup and crackers for supper, so I didn't even have to go back out into the snow to get something to eat.

• Liked — clean rooms and friendly, helpful staff
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)