Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #34 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 June 2012

thats a deal breaker for me. I wouldnt stay at any motel that is like that. otherwise a nice upscale
place...a good deal would be 85$. 105 is too much.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 May 2012

This was our first time staying at a Homewood Suites. We we're impressed with our stay from start to finish. Our room was spacious and clean with a very comfortable matress. It's nice to have a full sized fridge in your room, and the hot breakfast was better than expected. We booked through Hotwire on the tab where you can see the hotel before you pay. We paid more to choose our hotel, but it was still much cheaper than staying at a downtown property and paying steep nightly valet parking fees. We won't hesitate booking here again in the future!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We spent our Spring Break here this year & we were very pleased! The kids (aged 6,10 & 14) all Loved it! Evening dinners were fantastic , as were the breakfasts! We were able to cook in our kitchen to save on dining out as well! Staff were great! No complaints at all! We were always an Embassy Suites Family, until now! thank you Embassy for being booked that week or we may never have known how awesome this place is!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

The Homewood Suites NW Indianapolis is in a relatively quiet location just off the interstate. Restaurants are very close, as are a number of office parks and excellent shopping within a few miles. Our king studio suite was large and the walk in shower was a nice surprise. (I always wonder who actually gets in a hotel bathtub, other than very young children?). Front desk was very friendly. Our 4th floor room was between the two elevators, but we didn't hear any noise from passersby. Granted, there weren't many people at the hotel, but still good. Problems encountered were: old Goldfish crackers in the sofa bed mattress, semi truck noise from the highway at night, and the price was about $20 higher than surrounding hotels. However, based on what I know about the local Embassy Suites, this is a fantastic alternative. Quieter, cleaner, newer, and without the hordes of children that the Embassy seems to attract. I will stay at the Homewood again.

• Stayed: May 2012
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear valued guest,

I am so thrilled that you decided to try our establishment. I am very pleased that you found us a quality choice option. I apologize that you experienced some disturbance from nearby traffic and that the cleaning staff had missed an area of cleaning. I will be sure to mention that they double check the sofa when cleaning. I am pleased to hear that you found no other faults and that we are maintaining everything to your liking. Again thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you on your next visit.

All the best,

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Recently stayed here for a 4-day business trip. A Hilton hotel, this Homewood Suites was conveniently located right off the freeway and is nearby to a number of restaurants and shops. Check-in was quick. However, I was dismayed that a hold was placed on my credit card for an amount slightly higher than the total room charges. I understand that that is the usual hotel industry protocol, but it would be beneficial if the hotel would let travelers know upon check-in what their deposit requirements are rather than it being a surprise. Just a thought.

The suite was very clean, with two windows, a ceiling fan, 32" HDTV, and had all the conveniences for a 3-night stay: kitchenette with stove, frig, microwave and utensils. Slightly larger than the average hotel room. The bathroom was extremely clean and up-to-date. The king bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows.

The only problem I experienced was with the cooling system under the window. The control pad was non-responsive; I wasn't able to turn it off. I called for assistance and the front-desk help responded. He was not able to "fix" it, so I was asked if I needed it on and I said no, so he removed the cover housing to turn it off via the electrical circuit panel switch. Thank goodness for the ceiling fan or it would have been uncomfortable given that the temp outside climbed to near 90 degrees a couple of days.

The free breakfast was very good with plenty of hot and cold items to satisfy most people: eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, various muffins, pastries, breads, cereals, fruit, etc. Since my meetings didn't start until 10 a.m. each morning, it was nice to have time to sit down in the breakfast area (which was very comfortable and accommodating) to enjoy the meal, watching a couple of flat screen TVs and reading the paper.

Other than the cooling issue, it was not enough to down-grade my review. Overall, I was pleased with the stay. The staff made me feel welcome at all times. I am certain I will be traveling there again for future meetings and will probably stay there. I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This hotel is definitely the best in the area, and considering they provide a free hot breakfast the price was great! They also provide dinner Mond-Thurs but since I travel alone for business I like to go out to eat so I am not spending the entire evening in the hotel! I have stayed twice and both times my room was spotless, the front desk and breakfast staff were wonderful, and I slept great. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are spacious. They provide free internet and free parking, which is awesome! I plan on staying at Homewood Suites anytime I am in this area.

Room Tip: It is worth it to pay the extra for the separate bedroom.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristin M
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Dear guest,

I’m Holly, General Manager at the Homewood Suites Northwest here in Indianapolis, IN. Thank you for all your wonderful compliments. We put forth great efforts to provide the best hotel environment for all our guests. I will let housekeeping and the breakfast staffs know that you appreciate their efforts. We are proud to be become one of your favorites when you come to stay in Indy. Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience.

All the best,

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Arrived for checking to find no front desk agent, but a sign advising someone would be right back. After a few minutes, the clerk appeared and checked us in. The room itself was okay, with slightly older furnishings then other Homewood suites. The living room couch was uncomfortable and there was an aluminum "box" situated in front of the couch vs. a table. We found a piece of candy on the bedroom floor and long dark hair on the comforter in the closet. Housekeeping delivered a fresh comforter upon request.

The biggest issue was we were in a non-smoking room and awoke one morning to the strong smell of cigarette smoke. It seemed to be coming from the bathroom vent. Thankfully we were checking out that morning. When we were leaving in the morning, once again there were no front desk agents to advise of our issues. Subsequently, a letter to customer service was sent detailing the issues.

On the plus side, the towels in the room were very soft and the breakfast was good. The pool was small, but the area was nice.

Room Tip: The hotel is located next to the freeway, so request a room on the other side of the property for so...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
goodhsi_admin1, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Dear patsgo,

I’m Holly, General Manager at the hotel. Our hotel accommodates both people that smoke and those that do not. We apologize for the smell of smoke that traveled through the shared space to your room. I will also be reviewing our staffing levels to address the lack of staffing. We expect our front desk associates to be very versatile and to perform various tasks when there are no visible guests that need assistance. However, I am sorry that you had to wait. I am happy that we were able to provide you with some aspects that you did enjoy during your stay. Thank you for the feedback in order to allow us to improve.

Holly Stauffer

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
3 mi away
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Northwest
2 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northwest
Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapo...
#62 of 186 in Indianapolis
Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Drury Inn Indianapolis Northwest
#55 of 186 in Indianapolis
Embassy Suites by Hilton Indianapolis - North
Hampton Inn Indianapolis Northwest - Park 100
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Indianapolis North - Carmel

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Northwest? Share your experiences!