“ok for what it is”

Ranked #132 of 180 Hotels in Indianapolis
Oak Grove, Kentucky
“ok for what it is”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here for our trip to visit family and maybe as a Manager in a Gold Reward Choice Hotel I expected more but ... the Night staff was very nice and let us check in before check in time cause we arrived early. The rooms are very basic and bare. Clean from what you can tell. The Door only closes when pulled/pushed shut cause of the carpet. However, the coffee maker still had Filter in it from the guest before. Every time I went to grab coffee downstairs the Coffee was cold, not even lukewarm it was cold. The coffee station dirty. The first day the maid serviced us the second day we did not get serviced till afternoon and than there were 3 people walking in and out our room. The Pool Area was very small and you were on public display for all checking in guests. the breakfast very basic and still cold coffee. Overall the stay was ok even thou I believe the Service Personnel needs to be retrained on Customer Service even what appeared to be the Manager. Paying Customers should not receive an eyerolling when asking to print directions, grant it the printer seemed down but there is better ways to attend to a customer in situations like that.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kerstin C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2013

The best part of this hotel was Darla she is the only reason we didn't walk out. The hotel was clean.The hotel gave you a feeling of cheap. No chair in room. Suite had two TV's one remote. You needed a ticket for breakfast. No TV listing, one bedside table. It made you feel the owner did the very minimum. Unforturnately this was a suites we expected more. The owner is lucky to have the staff he does.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This hotel did the job for us for one night. We chose this location because it is completely non-smoking and accepts pets. The rooms are a very good size and the beds are fairly comfortable. They are somewhat dimly lit and the HVAC is not the best. The coffee maker was very good. The breakfast was wonderful. There was gireat selection however this hotel offered one of the better cups of Comfort Inn coffee that I have had. Overall, while the hotel looks nice on the outside, this definately was not one of the nicer Comfort Inn's that I have stayed at. Other guests remarks about noise on here are absolutely true. It was nice to have a wide variety of restaurants within walking distance
. While I would stay here .

• Stayed May 2013
Bill A, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast, responded to this review, 19 January 2015
Spring Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 24 November 2012

We stayed at this hotel during thanksgiving because it was close to my in-laws home. First impressions are not bad. Hotel looks nice from the outside, lobby is nice and bright, check in was easy and the staff was pleasant. Our room was adequate, clean, and the beds were comfortable. Besides a missing coffee maker, we were satisfied. Unfortunately that's where it ended. The walls, floors, ceilings are almost non-existent. It was so noisy. Seriously, you hear everything. People walking, talking, televisions, crying babies, shouting children, etc. etc. It drove us crazy. I was so glad I had a sound machine with me to cover some of the noise at night. Even though this hotel looks adequate, don't be fooled. Unless you have a pair if ear plugs handy, it would be best to stay away. It will drive you crazy!

Room Tip: If you have not heeded my warning to not stay here. At least get a room on the second or third floor...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark W

Travellers are raving about these Indianapolis hotels

North Dakota
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stopped at this hotel late one night as it was a halfway point to my destination, 5/31/12. It was a very basic Comfort Inn. We arrived around midnight. Check in was pretty simple. The clerk was on a personal call so I did have to wait about 30 seconds for him to finish the call. He did not ask for a credit card or ID to prove who I was which I always find interesting...obviously this property doesn't care about getting compensation from someone trashing the room because they didn't have a credit card on file or scanned/imprinted from me.

The outside area was a little bit sketchy. On the way there, we noticed a few people pulled over by police. There was a Wal Mart right next door, definitely walkable. Surprisingly, the hotel was fairly quiet. Looking at the neighborhood I expected there to be parties or craziness going on. The room was basic. There was a king size bed and an older style TV which we didn't use. One side of the room was quite empty with just a floor lamp. While walking down the hall in the morning, a room across the hall from us looked the same but had a sofa in it - I think ours was missing the sofa.

We stopped to basically sleep and move on the next morning so the hotel in general fulfilled my needs. I wouldn't stay here again for any other reason.

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I booked a block of 3 rooms, which I thought I cancelled a week latter. Got my credit card receipt and was charged for two of the rooms. Called and the person I needed to talk to was not in so I left my name and number. I had to call back a week later and someone else attempted to help. Was told I had to contact Choice Hotels to have the charges credited back. Contacted Choice and was told the cancelleation was with the motel I had to deal directly with them. Called the motel and the manager must be MIA, as the only thing the person knew was the manager was not there. It's been 2 months now and no resilution to this problem. Very poor customer service!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tim k
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This hotel did the job for us for one night. We chose this location because it is completely non-smoking and accepts pets. The rooms are a very good size and the beds are fairly comfortable. They are somewhat dimly lit and the HVAC is not the best. The coffee maker was very good. While the hotel is completely non-smoking, which is nice, our room had a very weird odor upon arrival. It was almost like a biology experiment had been performed in there. Maybe it is because we had a dog and we got a room that previously sustained damage from pets. The breakfast was not wonderful. There was not a great selection however this hotel offered one of the better cups of Comfort Inn coffee that I have had. Overall, while the hotel looks nice on the outside, this definately was not one of the nicer Comfort Inn's that I have stayed at. Other guests remarks about noise on here are absolutely true. It was nice to have a wide variety of restaurants within walking distance. While I would stay here if needed, this place is not the greatest.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indianapolis
Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapoli...
#128 of 180 in Indianapolis
Castleton
Quality Inn of Indy Castleton
Quality Inn of Indy Castleton
#78 of 180 in Indianapolis

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast? Share your experiences!