“Do NOT stay at this hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Indianapolis Northeast
Ranked #131 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The rooms were nasty, sink clogged and toilet clogged tried to tell house keeping and none of the house keeping spoke english according to the staff at the front desk. Suppose to check in at 3 the rooms were not done until almost 6 pm. Lady working front desk very RUDE and obviously did not like her job. Pool was ice cold not heated at all. the whole second floor smelled of pot smoke all night long, which the front desk was informed of and did nothing about. At 2:30 am we were woke up by a girl screaming and crying and a guy trying to get in her room because they were fighting, the front desk did not call the police so we did. Called and complained to the manager and nothing was done except for sorry your stay was not good. would not recommend this hotel we did not feel safe or clean staying here

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My teenage daughters and I walked into this hotel around 7 pm Saturday 4/12. I didn't have super high expectations, but I do have standards.

No one was at the desk when we came in. My daughter rang the bell. A very frazzled and unkempt woman came out and mumbled to me that she would have to let me in my room because the key maker thing-y was broken. I was told her boss was on her way to fix it, but she'd have to use her emergency key to let me in. Ok, fine. She takes me to one room on the first floor - it's not ready. (check in was 3 hours prior). She tells me she'll find another room for me. We go up to 2nd floor to a room that is jammed shut and she couldn't even get open. She looked like she was going to cry when it wouldn't open. I told her politely that we would go downstairs and wait on the cushy coaches while she helped the gentleman behind us and then she could find another room for us.

We get downstairs and the couches were full so we sit at a table in the breakfast area. The table was STICKY. You could tell it hadn't been cleaned in awhile. We waited there for awhile and I had to ask the woman again if our room was ready. She got all frazzled again indicating she either forgot or was hoping I wouldn't ask. She finally found us another room (and the key thing-y was working so we got our own cards. Yay!). We go upstairs on the elevator and it made a HORRENDOUS sound like it was going to plummet back down to the ground. Get in our actually very decent room and decide instead of swimming (because the pool was PACKED) that we would head out for some evening shopping. On our way back down (we took the steps because of said elevator) the lady from the front desk was letting another family into their room. THERE WAS ALREADY A FAMILY IN THERE. I didn't see it, but my daughter said there was a little girl with not much clothes on...on the other side of the door. Luckily there wasn't anything else going on behind that door! That was check in day.

The next day, I get in line to check out. There was only one group ahead of me but they had an issue. There was a young man behind the counter making small talk with them, trying to fix the problem, and generally engaging them in drawn out conversation. And there was someone behind me in line! Ultimately he messed up there issue and the problem was compounded. He went to get someone else to help. I naively thought it was so there could be 2 lines....but instead he just stood there and watched while the co-worker fixed the problem of the people in front of me.

Finally it was my turn...NEITHER OF THEM said "I'm so sorry for your wait" or "thanks for your patience". Nothing. I told them that all I needed was to check out. The young lady took my room number, said that's all she needed, and that was it. I am pretty sure I didn't even get a thank you.
The whole check out process took at least 15 minutes while I stood there and waited.

None of the front desk staff that I encountered was dressed professionally. The woman from Saturday evening had blue jeans on, a stained shirt, and was generally unkempt. The young man that was trying to help the group in front of me check out while I waited....he had on an Aeropostale t shirt and blue jeans. I don't expect a tuxedo, but c'mon.

Finally, on a side note...and I had read this in previous review...

This is not a secure building! A couple times in our stay I walked by an outside door to this building and it was propped open with a giant rock. Not ok! People are staying here with their children and families!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ourthreegirls2014
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Snow not plowed from parking lot for three days. Dirty towels removed from room, but clean towels not provided until call to desk--desk said "We're busy, come on down." I said "In pajamasl, you deliver them." Response was "Click." Towels delivered OK later. Elevator made loud clunking sound each time. Rooms were clean. Bed comfortable. Pool crowded. Hotel understaffed--desk clerk often gone on errands. Breakfast hot and OK, but same for three days.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Ruth at the front desk was incredibly accommodating, friendly, and made the process very easy when we checked in. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and the rooms were exceptionally clean, comfortable, and the hotel itself is in a great location. The pool was also very modern and clean. We enjoyed our breakfast in the morning of blueberry waffles, sausage and eggs provided by the hotel. I reccomend this comfort inn, and would stay again!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank courtneykbee
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I had a reservation for a king Jacuzzi suite. Upon our arrival, we were told our room did not get cleaned that day and we would be put in another room but it wouldn't be one with a Jacuzzi (which was the entire reason we drove 25 miles out of our way). Needless to say, because the front desk staff did not clean my room, I had to clean it myself. She gave me all of the cleaning supplies and clean bed linen. She did not offer to help at all. We were not charged for the stay, which was the only good thing that came of our visit. We would have went to another hotel if rooms were available, but given there was a home Colts football game, this was our only option. My husband and I stay in Comfort Suites frequently, and this was by far the worst experience EVER. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I must have met Darla too! Very friendly, fast check in, and new bed comforter. The lobby and pool area were nice. Great location next to Mc Donald's, Wal mart! and a liquor store... What more could you ask for? The elevator is an interesting experience with sudden stops and loud noises. Hallways and carpet need updating but the room was nice. Nothing fancy but a clean room and a warm place to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here for our trip to visit family and maybe as a Manager in a Gold Reward Choice Hotel I expected more but ... the Night staff was very nice and let us check in before check in time cause we arrived early. The rooms are very basic and bare. Clean from what you can tell. The Door only closes when pulled/pushed shut cause of the carpet. However, the coffee maker still had Filter in it from the guest before. Every time I went to grab coffee downstairs the Coffee was cold, not even lukewarm it was cold. The coffee station dirty. The first day the maid serviced us the second day we did not get serviced till afternoon and than there were 3 people walking in and out our room. The Pool Area was very small and you were on public display for all checking in guests. the breakfast very basic and still cold coffee. Overall the stay was ok even thou I believe the Service Personnel needs to be retrained on Customer Service even what appeared to be the Manager. Paying Customers should not receive an eyerolling when asking to print directions, grant it the printer seemed down but there is better ways to attend to a customer in situations like that.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family