“EXCELLENT”

Cross street: Meridian St
Irving, Texas
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Second trip to 14 West and had another fantastic meal. Steak was tender and flavorful, and you simply can't go wrong with the Lobster & Brie Mac-N-Cheese. We sat outside on the sidewalk to enjoy the GenCon freak show, and the staff was clearly in a good mood enjoying the weird-but-friendly Gamer vibe. What made it better was the staff really knew their stuff! Our waitress recommended a wonderful, local, slightly-sweet reddish ale that i would have bought a case of to bring home--but i forgot its name! Ah, well--there's always next year, and we'll definitely make 14 West our first dinner stop!

• Visited August 2012

Lafayette, Indiana
“Worst suite stay ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I stayed in a suite during a weekend away. It was easily the worst place we, as frequent travelers, have ever stayed! There was no signage or directions as to where check in was, as we rode the elevator looking for a lobby, desk, anything...we found ourselves in a dark hallway, a storage closet, and a basement. After spending 10 minutes wondering around, I finally called and was directed to the restaurant. Carrying our bags (no valet) we walked into a restaurant and was given our key. Once we finally found our room, I was greeted to a crusty something on the sink. After returning to our room, at 2:00 AM!!! No sleeping due to the incredibly loud party happening in the suite adjacent to ours. A few times I thought the people were coming through my wall. I have never been a hotel with this much noise. Thinking I would call management as 2:30 AM appeared to ask respectfully to quiet down. NO ONE IS WORKING THE NON EXSISTENT DESK! Apparently we are on our own. Wonder what check out will bring.....

Portland, Oregon
“Nice mellow atmosphere, fresh ingredients”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I'm in the middle of a 2 week stint in Indy and I just got back from visiting 14 West. I was a solo diner and sat at the bar. I appreciate places where I can dine alone and feel totally comfortable. I.e. - just because I'm dining at the bar alone, doesn't mean I want to talk to you, bartender! :) He left me alone and had good timing throughout my visit.

I ordered some wine, the tomato & mozzarella salad and seasonal ravioli with polenta filling and fresh tomatoes, mushrooms and corn. Ingredients were fresh and simple. The atmosphere was quiet with jazz playing the background. Oddly, it was empty for an evening where there were 40,000 Gen-Con folks in town, but I really liked it. Price point is a little higher for Indy but it was worth it. Recommend.

• Visited August 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“Interesting but Service was a little stuck-up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

You must go if you love lobster mac and cheese (which I do) because theirs is fantastic! They have a great menu but we did find that their service was not as friendly as I am used to. Good service but they were a little stuck-up and not overly talkative, however, that could be just that they are being overly-polite. Good for an appetizer or so but I would not come here extremely often.

Visited August 2011
Fort Wayne, IN
“Amazing local cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

We went for our anniversary and had the most amazing steaks we'd had in years. Service was excellent and we loved the atmosphere.

Visited May 2012