Sleep Inn & Suites And Conference Center Downtown
US$137
US$185
US$164
  • Pool
All reviewsindustrial areamethodist hospitalroom was cleanroom service menufront desk staff was extremely helpfulyogurtshort driveindianapolis motor speedwayfree shuttlelight switchesbiscuits and gravyhear noiseguest laundrynice showerslamming doorsone night staywould stay here again
Reviewed 31 July 2014

It was a short notice. We originally did not decide to stay in Indy for our appointment. But two days before the date husband and I decided to find a lodging to keep us from driving three hours and back home. So being a Choice member I went online and checked the closest Choice hotel/motel to my place of appointment and I found only one. Sleep Inn. Never stayed in one but always stayed at either Quality Inn or Comfort Inn when we do because of their overall high facility quality. But the Sleep Inn was a mile away from my appointment like a straight shot I could not believe the proximity. So I booked for one night. The motel clerks were average in their customer service on the phone. I called to make sure the reservation went through after a few hours. They asked us what time we will be arriving and we said PM. When we got to Indy from I-70 West we took just some local road about 15 minutes from the expressway and GPS made that quite convenient.
Then we saw Sleep Inn from a distance for the first time it looked new and clean on the outside with ample parking and a nice huge welcoming facade for cars to pull up in front of the lobby. The landscaped areas were neatly maintained. First impression for me ...excellent so far. When we came in the automatic sliding doors welcomed us into the most spacious expansive foyer and lounged area Ive ever seen compared to the standard for most inns and motels. The front desk was right at the end of the foyer about 30 feet away. It reflected an open concept design overall so in one visual scan you can see practically every living area identified by their furnitures, the living room, the open computer area the second lounge the front desk and office behind it, and then towards the far right the huge dining area and kitchen for the breakfast buffet. To the left one can see the hall that leads to all the rooms up the 4 levels. The floors are quite impressive appear to be made of either marble or fine shiny ceramic tiles with ornate designs, really impressive. The whole lobby area has very high ceiling and lots of recessed lighting that makes one feel like they are in a hotel instead.

On the first floor they have a small indoor pool room just OK for me, and nearby a small exercise room with a few treadmills and flat screen TV. They also placed faux traditional Italian style fireplace in the lobby with a huge flat screen TV on top. Very chic indeed.

Then we went up to our room on the second floor via a nice size elevator with partial wood paneling and still smell kind of new. Our room 209, was as I expected quite modern like Comfort Inn. I love it. The whole streamline design with only things you need. Its actually a long room because we had two queen beds in the room and there was a foot or so between the beds and the middle end table. I would prefer that the beds could have been moved closer to the end table in the middle. Everything else is in place happily for us otherwise. The room air condition was great quality, I love the simple clean design of the bed covers, all white except for the foot liner that was black linen strip with modern floral design. The overall decor was excellent even the design of the carpet in the hall and in side the room. For me what's also notable was having 4 very comfy pillows as usual for each bed which is pretty typical for Choice hotels. I love having more pillows. I took a picture of the window treatment in the room because it was also simple colorwise and fabric use and it gave the ambience of simple elegance, a light brown three layer simple fabric paneling draped the top of bay window and a see through white curtain with white slightly opaque wide stripes, from ceiling to floor made the room felt airy and light. They also installed a white solid curtain for complete light blocking very convenient if one wants to keep the room dark. The flat screen TV is huge about 40+ in size. Standard cable network choices. Excellent wifi experience for me so far. And it sits on a very simple streamlined one unit table and cabinet structure made of dark brown wood . Has small microwave and good size small fridge with freezer. The coffee and tea amenities are standard, OK. I used the coffee maker for making teas in the room. There is always coffee provided in the first floor kitchen.
The bathroom is sparking clean and the sink is modern seated on a partially open dresser type with faux drawers on the top and open ledge for stuff at the bottom. Granite is the make for the sink. Lighting is good. Lots of towels for two people. The usual in bath amenities were offere
In the morning we went down for free breakfast. Excellent offerings both hot and cold meals. I took the hot choice of scrambled eggs and sausage coffee and orange juice. Bagels and muffins and waffles were also available. Plenty of fresh fruits.

Checking out was a breeze. We used the luggage cart to help us. The staff were civil and prompt. Anyway I asked before leaving how old the motel is as it feels and smells new. The staff said its 55 days old. Oh WOW! Im glad we found this place and experienced what it feels to stay in a new facility. There is always an added motivation by the proprietors to do everything to make a great first impression. And they succeeded as far as we are concerned.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel is not close to downtown but they do offer a free shuttle that runs on the top of the hr with last pick up at 9 pm. The driver does not speak very good English so we had him drop us off at the circle

We were on the top floor by the elevator and you could hear people going down the hall. One night we had a group of young men. College age bouncing basket ball off the walls

Room was clean and bed comfortable. Light switches for bathroom was behind bathroom door..breakfast was like most hotels. They were full so hard to get tables at times

Staff were friendly and helpful. No place to eat close by put we spent our two evenings downtown anyway..

Got room for a good price and new when we booked was not close. We did use taxi to get back both nights. Cost us $15. For 4 people.

Swimming pool is very very small. We went and looked then never even tried. Several kids at hotel so figured would not be very quiet

Not sure if would stay here again. Not due to service but do to location, would like to be closer to main part of town. But for the price. Would use again. If needed

Room Tip: Wi if did not work well in our room on 4th floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2014

On June 19, 2014, the eve of our ten year wedding anniversary getaway, my wife and I stayed at the Sleep Inn And Suites And Conference Center Downtown.This hotel opened in the spring of 2014.We chose the Inn because of its location as we wanted to be near Indy's downtown area. We needed to catch a train to Chicago early the next morning. In Chicago we stayed in an upscale, riverfront, 4 ½ Star hotel formerly known as Hotel 71.This hotel had just received the 2014 Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award. One might think staying at an upscale, highly recognized Chicago hotel would eclipse our Sleep Inn experience. Not necessarily.

The primary difference in the two hotels was their surroundings.Upon exiting the Chicago hotel one is immediately slammed with urban buzz. In contrast the compound-esq Sleep Inn is fully surrounded by rich landscaping and mortared Tuscan walls that buffer any sense of urban presence.

On the inside, surprisingly, the Sleep Inn’s open-air, high-ceiling lobby steeped in marble was larger and more palatial than the Chicago hotel’s lobby.The Indy hotel has an attached conference facility with several meeting rooms and a grand ballroom that is quite nice. It also has a small indoor pool.

The Sleep Inn provided a free Continental breakfast of standard breakfast assortments, including hot items such as eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits, gravy and waffles. I appreciated the gesture toward economy as the City of Chicago seemed locked in conspiracy to render my wallet barren.The Indy hotel did not offer mid-day or evening meals, but it is surrounded by casual and high class dining. Two interesting examples include the world famous St. Elmo’s Steakhouse, in operation since 1902, seven minutes away. As well, The Slippery Noodle Bar, a legendary blues institution established as a bar in 1850, is an eight minute drive.

The Sleep Inn like the 4 ½ Star Chicago hotel sported guest rooms that appear to have been extracted from a Crate & Barrel catalogue. I found the Sleep Inn staff friendly, useful and attentive. A staff member did make a slight mistake, sending us in the wrong direction to our room, but upon realization he was genuinely humble, falling all over himself apologizing as if he’d committed some unforgiveable sin. Guests encountered at the Sleep Inn were polite and civil. The hotel is four minutes from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I suspect the adjoining Speedway, Indiana community ripens quite festive during racing events.

I give the Indianapolis Sleep Inn And Suites And Conference Center Downtown an overall 4.5 Star rating because--in substance--it matched the comfort, service and presentation of the highly recognized Chicago hotel.

Mark E. Ross

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Was doing business near the health campus and took a chance on this 2* hotel. Was absolutely surprised at how nice the hotel was. Staff was excellent and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. Hotel was recently built and has been kept in great shape since opening. Rooms were spacious with good workspace and lighting. Hotel does need to increase wifi signal to hotel rooms. Did end up having to go to lobby and dining area to get stronger signal.I would definitely stay at this hotel if on return business to Indianapolis. Expedia and Trip Advisor should really considering raising its rating to 2 1/2 stars.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lohotraveler
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms are great! Very clean. Free breakfast in morning, very reasonable room charge. Pool is ridiculously small! They shouldn't have even bothered putting one in. Pool capacity of 14! I would recommend to single people, but not to people with children. Mine were so disappointed with not being able to swim.

• Stayed: July 2014