Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre
US$182
US$203
US$179
  • Pool
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis(Indianapolis)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$320
US$303
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewslucas oil stadiumstove topcolts gamefull size refrigeratorliving roomclose to downtownshort walkspent one nightwould stay here againeach morningvictory fieldbusiness tripshuttle servicefresh fruitthree nightshome away from homecoffee maker
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Stayed here to see the Colts game in December and was Wowed by how large the rooms were and how close it was to the Stadium! 5 dollar cab ride to downtown. Stadium literally right out your window, maybe 2 blocks. Rooms are very spacious and the Kitchen was HUGE, I mean it really is like staying in an apartment not a hotel room Very clean! Indoor pool area was very nice as well as the workout room. They also have a theater room that you can watch moviee or t.v. We will definately be returning the next time we are in Indianapolis!

Room Tip: Stadium View Room
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I stayed at the Staybridge when my teen daughter's cheer team had a competition at the Indiana Convention Center. We had several families from our team stay here with us. I had never been to Indy before and knew nothing of the city, or this hotel, before my stay. Every person in our group agrees that the Staybridge was excellent in every way.

To save money, many of us chose a friend to room with. I am one who likes my space so I was worried about feeling "cooped up" even with a friend I like very much. I shouldn't have worried. The suites were big enough that I never felt cramped. The room itself was very clean. We did a very intense "bedbug check" and were pleased to find the room bug free and extremely clean. The kitchen was wonderful, with beautiful granite counters. We brought lots of food with us and there was plenty of room for it all. We loved the seperate living room so the kids could go to bed early and the grown ups could stay up chatting. The only thing I didn't like is that the bathroom was in the bedroom area so someone who needs to make frequent nighttime bathroom trips may disturb the people sleeping. It made mornings a little more difficult as well. You could not get ready without waking the people who wanted to sleep longer.

The lobby was nice and breakfast was really good. They offered your typical items plus a few hot items like scrambled eggs and sausage, or biscuits, or diced potatos. A little different each morning. We liked it and appreciated it on our busy competition mornings. We parked our car on our arrival day and never used it again. They had shuttles running often from any downtown location to the hotel and back. If a shuttle wasn't available the front desk called a cab, which was always there within minutes. Each ran about 5 to 10 bucks per trip, but they were van sized and between us all it was mere dollars per person and much better than driving and paying for parking each time. The shuttle drivers were friendly and knowledgable about the city. We much perferred them over the cab drivers.

My daughter and I did not use the pool but our friends did and liked it very much. We were surprised at how close Lucas Oil Stadium was to the hotel. We took pictures from the hallway window and sent them to my son who is a Colts fan. He was big time jealous. Anyone staying here for a Colts game will be thrilled at the location. On our last night we were so tired we decided to order take out and the front desk clerk recommeded a pizza place. I don't remember their name but she was right on. The pizza was delicious! They had a flyer at the front desk with coupons. Use them! You won't be disappointed.

Overall, I would recommed this hotel to anyone staying in downtown Indy. We will surely choose this hotel again next year when we return to defend our National title (did I mention my daughter's team won First Place?) at the Jamfest competition. Great hotel, great stay!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FamilyFunMom
Reviewed 28 January 2011

My husband and his friends stay at this hotel when GenCon comes to Indianapolis and he was always satisfied with it. When I found out that the Titanic exhibit would be coming to the Indiana State Museum around the time of our first anniversary, because of my husband's recommendations and past experiences with this hotel, we immediately booked a room for one night.

When we arrived, I was surprised at how nice the lobby looked. It was very well decorated and furnished. Our room was beautiful (although we didn't get the view of the stadium--perfectly okay anyway!) and although somewhat smallish, perfect for two people. We had a kitchenette, complete with sinks, a refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher. I don't recall there being a stove, but I'm not sure if they were supplied in the smaller rooms.

My husband and I also made good use of the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was set for a relaxing temperature. The facilities were clean and well-stocked with towels.

The bed was quite nice and comfortable. I'm not one to sleep well in strange places, so I woke up somewhat often, but it was no fault of the quality of the bed. (Just a personal side note--I really enjoyed the style of the bedspread!)

Also, the hotel is a great walking distance away from the stadium, Convention Center, the Indiana State Museum and the White River State Park. Even though we had checked out by eleven, we had tickets to the Titanic exhibit at noon but didn't want to have to drive there and pay for parking. The hotel staff was kind enough to let us leave our car in the parking lot while we were at the museum.

It was an overall great experience and would definitely book a night at this hotel again if the occasion arises!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2011

We spent one night at this hotel to go to a Pacers game. I prepaid to get a lower rate. When we arrived we were charged an extra $10 for parking. No where on their website does it say they will charge for parking. The walk to and from the Conseco Center was quite far! We didn't feel safe walking because of many dark alleys along the way. The rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet. The breakfast bar was really bare by 8:30am even though they were suppose to be serving until 9:30am. The location would be perfect for a Colts game but too far of a walk for the Conseco Center late at night.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank BJStravels
Reviewed 16 December 2010

I spent about nine weeks at this location. The Management and staff continually showed excellent customer service and concern for the guests. I would with good conscience recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business