“Wonderful place and staff!”

Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre
Ranked #30 of 182 Hotels in Indianapolis
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Wonderful place and staff!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel 4 nights while at a conference at the convention center. My room was fantastic with a separate bedroom, a super large handicapped bathroom, an efficient kitchen and fairly OK internet. It wasn't the fastest but better than many hotels I have stayed in. No place is perfect and sometimes it is how they deal with it that makes the difference. When I got to my room I realized someone had turned off the ice maker and I had no ice. I went to the desk and they filled up my ice cube container with ice from their kitchen until mine could make cubes. My iron leaked when I used it, I took it to the desk and they got me another one. The staff was great, friendly and helpful. The hot tub was very big and nice and hot. The outdoor patio where you could smoke had tables, a covered area in case of rain and even a grill. The breakfast was tasty and was different every day with eggs, bacon or sausage, a waffle maker one day, various breads and muffins, yogurt, fruit and more. They even had sugar free syrup--thanks! The property was very clean and I even got light maid service on the weekend which I didn't expect. I stayed in the front of the building on the third floor and never had any problem with noise from the street as some people had reported. Only one silly problem--the kitchen didn't have a colander (strainer for cooking noodles) but I didn't need one while I was there. I am on a restricted diet and brought a cooler of food to cook. I made most of my meals in the room without any issues and they even provided coffee for the coffee maker.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank siamese5555

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Indonesian first
Indiana
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Very nice hotel and room except for the bed. The bed was horrible. I have stayed in hotels hundreds of times and this was one of the worst beds. There was a large dip in the middle of the mattress and the sides were higher witch made me fight to stay on my side most of the night. Didn't get much sleep. I hope this was the only bed like this because everything else was nice. Not sure if I will stay here again or not.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank duckfish5
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
I do apologize for your recent problem with our bed during your last stay with us. I'd like to be able to fix the problem with this room so this does not happen with another guest. If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience at the hotel to discuss this matter further it would be of great help to me. Thank you so much and I hope to hear from you soon. 317-536-7500
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed here with a friend for the Gencon Indy games convention. We were really impressed with the welcoming attitude of the hotel & staff. Room presentation was immaculate and we loved the comprehensive facilities (free to use washing machines & dryers, pool, wifi - even free food and drinks on some weeknights!). No nickel and dime-ing here! Superb value.

We appreciated the spacious suite room, access to kitchen facilities, and 5 minute walk from the Convention Centre. Highly recommended, and will stay here again if I make a similar trip in the future.

The only criticism I have is that on one night, the room fridge started making a fairly loud noise and we had to turn it off. But we'd had such a great experience overall that we forgot to mention it at reception when we checked out. Whoops!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HohmannTransfer
Louisville, Ky
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I always stay here when I am in town. The staff is fabulous, the rooms and buildings are clean too, which is a must for me. They serve free drinks during the week, and also dinner Mon - Thur. Breakfast is served everyday. It is also located in a very convenient location for all the activities going on in the city.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sm4275
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 16 August 2013

If you wanna feel like you're in your own home, stay here. There is a little kitchen with most of the equipment you need to make your own meals, full fridge, two burner stove, microwave, dishwasher and disposal. But if that's not enough, they serve a free full breakfast everyday and have a happy hour with light supper during the week. Add to that, free laundromat, a convenience store, friendly staff (everyone in Indianapolis is friendly - its the best thing about the city). Plus, the price is right. I stayed there for a week and paid only $109 per night after booking on line. Downside is that its a short hike to downtown. Its a 10 minute walk to the convention center. Taxis downtown only cost $5 per ride. They do charge for parking, though.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words, we hope to see you again soon! :)
Oak Park, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Updated and clean place. Really liked the movie theater and the hot Breakfast. The staff was really helpful and friendly.
( $14.00/ day) I thought the parking was expensive but given you're near everything you can walk to the NCAA museum on the River walk. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 7th floor and was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Angie D
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thanks so much for your kind words on our hotel. Hope to see you again soon!
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of its location to the convention center. I was very surprised and PLEASED that the service from every employee was top notch.

The hotel beds were great, our room was 202 and even the pull out was comfortable to sleep on.

There is handicap accessible rooms and the pool has a lift chair.

You can almost touch Lucas Oil Stadium and it was a quick 10 minute walk to the convention center and City Centre Mall.

Room Tip: The beds in Room 202 were new and well kept. Pets are VERY welcome
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Thanks so much for your comments to our hotel. We here at Staybridge really do appreciate your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed the pool lift as it is a new feature and we're glad to see someone getting full use of it. Next time you are in town you should suggest room 117 as it is handicap accessible and is close to the breakfast area (which has our yummy waffles with flavorings) Hope to see you again soon! =)