“Staybridge Suites is my go to hotel chain”

Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre
Ranked #44 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Took a mini trip to Indy after Christmas. Already want to return, so much to do near the City Centre. Staybridge is just a very comfortable hotel with the amenities important to me; nice indoor pool, hot tub, work out room, laundry, breakfast and lite supper, free internet. Even free Movies in a home-theater style area.Great view of the football stadium right across the street.Let us check-in at 10 a.m. and we had the package that included passes to the Indianapolis Children Museum.

Only complaint: I saw no reason to charge $14 for guests to park ... other than just because they could.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Cindy O

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights attending the PRI Convention. Check in was easy. I was warmly greeted and given a little bag containing water, crackers and a candy bar for being a priority member.

The room was large and very clean. It contained a full size frig, stove and microwave. It was very comfortable. It had everything I needed and the internet was easy to connect.

Breakfast was good and offered a large bowl of fruit. Monday thru Thursday from 5:30 to 7:30 they offer free beer and wine plus some sort of snacks. They have a Beer Tap where you can walk up and pour you own beer. Free POP and such.

They have a Movie Room downstairs with some very comfortable chairs and a large screen TV. You can watch movies or TV in this room. It does not hold very many but very comfortable.

This Hotel is right next to Lucas Oil Stadium. Great for the games. It is close to the convention center but not connected like some of the other hotels. You have to walk or drive to the convention center. It is too far in the winter to walk.

Parking is $14.00 a day at this hotel. Parking is behind the hotel but is limited. If it is full, you must park in a parking structure on the other side of the Comfort Inn. It is a little inconvenient. Also, driving and parking in town everyday can be expensive.

They have a pool and whirl pool. Looked nice but never used.

Great for the games but you would want to drive or take a cab into town to eat and shop.

All in all, I would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank JeffreyTravel
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We had an excellent time at the Colts vs. Texans game and really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It is extremely close to the stadium and just blocks away from some great restaurants. The staff is friendly and the morning breakfast was good. We only stayed 2 nights and it was comfortable. We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I enjoyed staying at this hotel when I visited Indianapolis for a convention. I was pleasantly surprised that this hotel offered a complimentary dinner, which I was able to take advantage of on two nights I stayed there. Breakfast was good too- it was a hot bar breakfast, unlike a breakfast that you sometimes get at some other locations that are more like just pastries. The fitness room was available 24 hours. Although I did not have a chance to use it, it appeared that the use of the laundry room facility was for free as well. Since I will come to Indianapolis again for the same conference again next year, I will definitely come back here knowing that they have all these convenient and economical options for travelers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank nobuko k
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This hotel had an amazing friendly staff and location. Located in downtown right next to Lucas Oil Stadium home of the NFL Colts. The room was large, very comfortable, and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable with great pillows. The only bad thing if there was one is the restaurants are a bit of a walk to get to (10 blocks or so away). I would stay here again when I am in town. This is the same hotel NFL films stayed during the super bowl week.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Josh W
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel 4 nights while at a conference at the convention center. My room was fantastic with a separate bedroom, a super large handicapped bathroom, an efficient kitchen and fairly OK internet. It wasn't the fastest but better than many hotels I have stayed in. No place is perfect and sometimes it is how they deal with it that makes the difference. When I got to my room I realized someone had turned off the ice maker and I had no ice. I went to the desk and they filled up my ice cube container with ice from their kitchen until mine could make cubes. My iron leaked when I used it, I took it to the desk and they got me another one. The staff was great, friendly and helpful. The hot tub was very big and nice and hot. The outdoor patio where you could smoke had tables, a covered area in case of rain and even a grill. The breakfast was tasty and was different every day with eggs, bacon or sausage, a waffle maker one day, various breads and muffins, yogurt, fruit and more. They even had sugar free syrup--thanks! The property was very clean and I even got light maid service on the weekend which I didn't expect. I stayed in the front of the building on the third floor and never had any problem with noise from the street as some people had reported. Only one silly problem--the kitchen didn't have a colander (strainer for cooking noodles) but I didn't need one while I was there. I am on a restricted diet and brought a cooler of food to cook. I made most of my meals in the room without any issues and they even provided coffee for the coffee maker.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank siamese5555
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Very nice hotel and room except for the bed. The bed was horrible. I have stayed in hotels hundreds of times and this was one of the worst beds. There was a large dip in the middle of the mattress and the sides were higher witch made me fight to stay on my side most of the night. Didn't get much sleep. I hope this was the only bed like this because everything else was nice. Not sure if I will stay here again or not.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank duckfish5
Nichole F, Manager at Staybridge Suites Indianapolis - City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

I do apologize for your recent problem with our bed during your last stay with us. I'd like to be able to fix the problem with this room so this does not happen with another guest. If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience at the hotel to discuss this matter further it would be of great help to me. Thank you so much and I hope to hear from you soon. 317-536-7500