“INCREDIBLE ROOMS” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #59 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
DAyton Ohio
“INCREDIBLE ROOMS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Our youth baseball team stayed here after leaving another hotel (due to bugs) and what a difference. This place was like a 5 star hotel in comparison. Our room had 2 king size beds and a huge flat screen tv. The rooms were spotless!!!!!! Apparently all the rooms here have the 2 king size beds and nice tv.... The breakfast was much better than expected... Only have 2 negatives to add: the pool closes at 10 and the night clerk was pretty unfriendly... Everything else was spectacular (my complaints are petty but its an honest review).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thirsty1
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, 14 July 2011
Dear Thirsty1,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am glad that you had such a wonderful time. You are correct in your statement that "all the rooms here have 2 king size beds". Our rooms also feature a microwave, refrigerator and an in room safe. When you come back to Indianapolis for your next tournament, do not hesitate to call and book your rooms at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Jasonville, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

We prepaid so even after reading several bad reviews, we had no choice but to stay here. We were on a little Spring Break outing. We stayed two nights. Unfortunately only one our beds got made for the second night. The maid refused to make a bed with our daughter's bag on it. So if you want your beds freshly made, make sure there is NOTHING left on them. Breakfast was okay-mainly prepackaged foods except eggs. The best part of the stay was the surprise charge when I received my credit card bill. The Executive Maid claimed we broke the ironing board so we were charged $25 to repair or replace it. I NEVER iron and neither do my kids or husband. We didn't even have it out. I guess I should be thankful we weren't charged to replace the toilet since it wouldn't flush during our stay. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank newherebuthere_11
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, 11 May 2011
Dear newherebuthere_11,

I thank you for the time you spent reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay.

Before our Housekeepers arrive, our Executive Housekeeper goes to each vacant room and checks them to ensure the cleaning standards are kept up. This includes checking the bathroom, the closet, the beds, the refrigerator and microwave. Upon checkout, these rooms are then inspected again. Anything that is inconsistent with our standards is then reported to the Front Desk.

Per Hotel Policy, Housekeepers are not permitted to enter a room with a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Additionally, Housekeepers are not permitted to move personal items to clean the room. I do apologize for this.

I do hope that the next time you are in Indianapolis, you stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Thank you.
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

Our daughter is a volleyball player. Our team parent had contacted the hotel to block about 7-9 rooms in which we were given a discount of about $9 per night. The rooms were actually booked by each individual parent, however, when our daughter broke her foot leaving her unable to attend and I called to discuss the cancellation policy I was told that since we booked as a group they couldnt' do "anything about it". I stated that on the same day I was speaking with them I was able to book a room for the same dates and cancel them the following day without any cost. They again cited the "group policy". I asked if we could pay the additional $9 whole dollars per night if we could at least change the dates to a later time when would be able to travel after her break healed and were again told "no". I offered a statement from the physician and any medical documentation they might want and was told it wouldn't make any difference. They did offer to list it as a "no show" if we didn't show up for the first night and I told them of course we were not going to "show up" since her foot was broken and they were "gracious" enough to charge us for the first night. That no show thing would be offered to anyone, whether they had a valid reason or not. If someone can't use common sense and better business judgement than that, we don't need to use their facilities ever again. I will pass this on to our volleyball club which has teams that travel quite frequently and have locations in both Indiana and Kentucky. Hopefully, once each parent representatvie is notified of their response or lack thereof to one of our teams after a player has been injured past the point of playing, none of them will even call for pricing after this.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank cardinalgirl37
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, 4 May 2011
Dear cardinalgirl37,

I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do want to empathize and hope your daughter has a quick recovery. When a group inquires about blocking rooms, they are given a cancellation deadline based on the number of rooms that the group had originally asked for. Once this date has passed, there are no modifications or cancellations. While I understand that your daughter had a broken ankle, the group contract that was signed on behalf of your group clearly had a cancellation deadline that was before your call to the hotel. I do hope in the future you can give us the chance to show why we shine above the rest and stay at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Thank you.
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

Managment is rude and unhelpful!! Breakfast is a joke! Decor package very cold and uninviting. Can't think of anything good to say. Pool was dirty, carpet in breakfast area dirty, tables dirty. With everything I could see being dirty, made me wonder how clean the towels and sheets were. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank longtravelindy
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, 14 April 2011
Dear longtravelindy,

Thank you for the taking the time to review our hotel. Reviewing your post, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Throughout the day, different departments are responsible for the upkeep of the hotel. For instance, the Breakfast department is responsible for the upkeep of the lobby and breakfast areas, and the Maintenance is responsible for making sure the pool is clean. We do this on a daily basis, so I am unsure as to why your post said everything was dirty. However, I would like for you to give the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast a chance to show that we shine above the rest by staying with us the next time you come to Indianapolis.

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast
Wyoming, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2011

This was our first visit to Indy. Great location to visit zoo, children's museum, speedway, downtown. We required a pool for the kids to swim in plus a hot breakfast (my husband is celiac...so eggs are an easy option for him). We were very pleased with our selection. Great value at ~$100/night. Hotel opened in April 2008. It's clean. Good breakfast (kids loved the cinnamon rolls!). Easy to find...just off I-465. Great location (2 miles south has lots of restaurants to choose from). Very quiet. Loved the 2 king beds and big screen TV. Rooms are spacious. Nice to have both fridge and microwave. Only disappointment was that they advertised a manager's cocktail hour Mon-Thurs...apparently it's been cancelled in the last 6-8 months...but the signs and the book in the room still advertise it! OOPS! No newspapers at our room door, either (this was advertised too). All in all,though, a great stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
Dear beckirb,

I want to thank you for the time you spent to review our hotel. I do want to inform you that we discontinued our Manager's Reception in late February. We do, however, appreciate comments that tell us that people have looked forward to that, and because of that, we are looking at resuming our Reception in the future.

I appreciate the positive comments that you have left. You mentioned that we have "2 king beds and big screen TV ... both fridge and microwave." This is standard in every room at our hotel.

I would like to thank you once more, and in the future when coming back to Indianapolis, do not hesitate to call us so we can make your reservation

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

I made my reservation while traveling through the area on business with the Priority Club reservation number as this was my first time going through Indianapolis. I was given the directions of I74, Exit 52, by the Airport. I74 Exit 52 is in the middle of no-where and there is no Holiday Inn Express near the Airport or Exit 52. After batteling through the construction mess and searching the Airport area I continued my route through Indianapolis (I70 under construction). When I reached the East side of Indianapolis I called the hotel to advise them that I could not locate them due to the construction and wanted to cancel my reservation. The rude young lady on the other end of the phone informed me that since it was after 6pm (it was in fact 6:58pm) I would be charged for the night regardless. I asked to speak with a manager and she told me to call back Monday as no one could assist me this evening. I called back Monday and was told to leave a message as the Manager was not in. Tuesday morning I received a call and was informed that because they were fully booked the night of my stay, and it was after 6pm when I called to cancel, I would be charged for the night, end of discussion. I explained to him that I tried to find the hotel and the directions that I was given. He informed me that the directions are pulled form Google Maps and that is what is provided. After reading the rest of the reviews, I see I'm not the only one who wasn't impress by the management of this hotel. What happened to customer service?!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank jerrym103
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Dear jerrym103,

I apologize for your inconvenience that this has caused you. When a reservation is made, it is guaranteed for late arrival, provided the guest does not cancel by the cancellation deadline. For your reservation, this deadline was by 6:00pm. As you said in your post, you did try to cancel the reservation after the cancellation deadline, and therefore were charged. I do apologize that you were not given the correct directions. I would like to invite you back to the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast the next time you visit Indianapolis.

Marion, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

The room was very roomy and clean. The bed was comfortable. The amenities in the room were better than expected.

Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, 20 January 2011
Dear lrkey5158,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that your stay was wonderful, as we do take pride that we are the only hotel in the world that features two king size beds, 42" television, microwave, refrigerator, and a safe in every room. I do hope that the next time your travel needs bring you to Indianapolis, that your hotel of choice is the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast!