“Great hotel/great room!”

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast
Ranked #66 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband, two teen-aged grandchildren and I just returned from staying the weekend at this property. The hotel was clean, the staff (for the most part) were friendly & helpful, and the room spacious & comfortable. My only complaint (and reason for the rating of 4) was breakfast the first morning had biscuits & gravy as an option. However, the biscuits were dry and hard as a brick and when I asked the lady in there if she was aware the biscuits were hard, her reply was "oh, the lights sometimes do that"...no offer of fixing by bringing fresh ones out, no apology, etc. The second morning, breakfast was better, but the "breakfast lady" seemed harried and irritated when I asked for a rag to clean a table for my family. These are minor inconveniences compared to the otherwise enjoyable experience @ this hotel. I especially want to name PAIGE and LINDA as excellent examples of front-desk personnel. Both were extremely helpful, friendly and pleasant - wonderful good-will ambassadors for your company! Thank you for the pleasant weekend accommodations!

Room Tip: We had a very nice & spacious room with 2 king beds and a sofa bed. Also included in the room wa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Vicki S
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Vicki S,
Thank you for the great review. A clean and comfortable room is our goal. I will tell our front desk staff and housekeeping staff their efforts are appreciated. A complaint is a gift and I would like to thank you for letting us know about our biscuits. I do apologize this of course is not the norm and will use it as a learning experience to improve our staff. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to learn and provide the complete “Smart Start Breakfast” that our guests have come to love. Please allow us the opportunity to serve when your travels bring you back to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Prior to this visit, I was dead set against any Holiday Inn of any kind. This stay at this Holiday Inn Express changed all that, as this was likely the best overnight experience I have ever had in this price range of hotels! It was absolutely wonderful; clean, well lit, very cheerful staff, beautiful large rooms, beds and bathrooms. I will definitely stay at this one again, and MAY try another Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank peter k
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Peter K,

Thank you for the great review. The Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast is the only hotel in the world with two king beds and 42”TVs in every room. Our goal is to provide a clean and comfortable room at a great value. I will let our staff know you appreciated their efforts. We invite you to visit us the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending an Indiana Pacers game, and I couldn't of been more satisfied. It was very clean, the rooms were huge, the breakfast was delicious and I can't stress enough how nice and friendly the staff was. The gentleman at the front desk could not of been anymore helpful when we arrived. I would definitely stay here again, and probably will in the near future when we attend our next Pacers game!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank abbyzeis

Dear Addyzeis,

Thank you for the great review. We are one of the closest hotels to the downtown area and a great option for those attending events in our city. Our hotel is the only one in the US with two king beds and 42” TVs in every room. Our Smart Start Breakfast provides many options for our guests. I will let our staff know that you appreciated our efforts. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for two days attending a seminar in Indy. Paige from the front desk is great and really knows how to go above and beyond. Rooms are clean and fresh. Had a problem with the shower (could not pull pin to turn on shower). Notified front desk twice about the issue, wasn't fixed completely but made it work for my stay. Being on the interstate side, I was surprised that the rooms are quiet and keep the noise from the highway out. Definitely a good stay, and I will definitely keep this hotel in mind in the future!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ross0824
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Ross0824,

Thank you for the great review. Our hotel offers one of the larger meeting spaces on the south side of Indianapolis. Being a new property it is a great place without distractions. I will let Paige know you appreciated her efforts. Our maintenance staff has replaced the diverter mechanism in the shower, thank you for bringing it to our attention. Since our property is conveniently located near the interstate systems, our owners have carefully considered this and had the building acoustically engineered. It is one of the very few hotels in Indianapolis that have planned for and was designed with traffic noise in mind.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will consider our property the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a great hotel from the staff, to the sleeping room and most important the cleanliness. We live in Indiana and of course we have wonderful winter weather, with the 12 inches of snow we received, we lost power for the day and was forced to leave and we chose to stay the night at this hotel and this was by far the best choice. I was pleasantly shock again, with the staff, the sleeping rooms and the over all cleanness of everything, the pool area, the front desk, the breakfast area. We have a 13 year old and a 13 month old, so we decided to let them play in the water, thank God for the indoor pool!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tanisha A
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Tanisha A,
Thank you for your kind review. We are glad you were pleasantly surprised. As a newer hotel, we have several items that set us apart. All our rooms have two king sized beds and 42” TVs. We are the only hotel in the US like this. We hope the extra large rooms made you feel more at home. While we cannot control the weather outside our indoor pool is 82 degrees year round. I will let our staff know that you appreciated their efforts. Please consider our property the next time you or your guests need lodging in Indianapolis.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

This is a wonderful hotel with a fantastic staff. The staff is both kind and helpful. The entire hotel is kept quite clean and orderly from the halls to the rooms. The breakfast area is kept stocked with hot items and it is also kept very clean. The facility is updated and very well maintained. I had zero problems during my stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tereza L

Dear Tereza L,
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We feel we have a great staff and management team who enjoy what they do. I will let our staff know that you appreciate their efforts. Please consider the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stay at this hotel several times a year. The parking lot is kept clean. The hotel smells clean from the minute you walk in. Always fast and friendly service at check-in. Everything you need is close by, restaurants, shopping, easy access to I-465 but quiet for a great night's rest. The standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast. The breakfast area is kept clean, the breakfast bar is kept stocked with hot items. The rooms and halls are always clean.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Charles K,
Thank you for your nice review. Our goal is to provide a clean and comfortable room and the best of service. I will let our staff know that their efforts are noticed and appreciated. We hope you continue to enjoy your stays and welcome you the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis.