“BIG PROBLEM”

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast
Ranked #71 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My family stayed here for just one night in May 2014. Overall first impression of hotel was good. Room seemed clean; slept well. Noticed a couple of curious tiny smears on the bed the next morning but decided I had nicked my leg while shaving the night before. That was before I saw the BEDBUG on my 7-month-old daughter when taking her from the bed that morning. Killed the bug, but in a fit of *ick* flushed it & had no proof to show manager. Brought the problem to manager's attention, but he seemed somewhat unconcerned. Called exterminator after we settled in for the day's travel, then called manager again to ask what he planned to do about the problem. We got a "we'll investigate & take appropriate action if warranted" brush-off. Couldn't decide if manager didn't care or didn't believe us. Either way, not good. Because of this situation AND the manager's attitude, I can't recommend this hotel at all.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Terri H
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Terri H,

Thank you for your candid review. We have searched our records and have difficulty locating your reservation. We are frequently confused with a hotel with a similar name. Regardless, a bug can be a disturbing issue. We too are victims of this type of issue as they are always brought in by others. We address every item that is brought to our attention. This is not only our policy but a brand policy. We address the issue in accordance with brand policy and do not release a room back into inventory until it is cleared by professionals. Your safety is important to us and we apologize if the actions did not make you feel that way. We hope we can once again earn your trust.

George
Director of Sales

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I attended the FDIC conference and was pleased with the helpfulness of the staff during this busy time. The room was clean and the service was great. There was a minor mix up with my room, but Manu was right on it and fixed it. Unfortunately there was no shuttle from the hotel to the convention center, but the staff was helpful to call cabs to pick up hotel guests at a convenient time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark V
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Mark V,

Thank you for the great review. The FDIC is one of the largest conventions and we look forward to it every year. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is a clean and comfortable room at a reasonable rate. A cab ride from the hotel to downtown is generally less than parking downtown and we have several good options for our guests.

I will let our staff know you noticed their efforts and we hope that the next time you come to Indianapolis you will stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

03/24/14 Manu came by to thank me for the business and said they are implementing an IHG member recognition program. He liked my idea about screen (have a portable one for bigger groups, because the meeting room screen is at the side of a long, narrow room).They gave us bottled water and it was quite nice in the meeting room.
03/23/14 No Gold benefits or greeting – this is the HIX used as a church on Sundays, so meeting room is not available night before. They did have my fax and box. They were changing pillows so I walked into a room where pillows were on the floor, but they are being swapped out. The guy at the desk offered to help carry my box. There’s a Speedway on the corner where a panhandler approached me for money. The room was so-so on cleanliness (M&Ms in wastebasket and juice cap on floor). There’s a Starbucks down the street. There was a fridge in my room and I was given a relatively quiet room (328) facing the LaQuinta/parking lot and close to stairs. There was only a little highway noise. The breakfast had a good selection of fresh fruit and yogurt (as well as hot items).

Room Tip: Ask for one that faces the parking lot, not the highway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Dear Professordoctormom,

Thank you for the review. There are many changes and upgrades taking place at our property. We, as you mentioned, have replaced all the pillows in the hotel with premium pillows. The morning of your meeting we discussed that we were in the middle of a complete computer and software conversion. This week we are completing the installation of fiber optics to the hotel which will give us a greatly expanded capacity and bandwidth for our high speed internet systems. We are even installing new style single cup coffee makers. These items along with other improvements we hope will make your next stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I took my two children to Indianapolis for a Pacers game and a trip to the Children's Museum and booked the hotel since it was reasonably priced and outside of the downtown are (which tends to be more expensive). The hotel staff were extremely friendly and welcoming throughout the entire stay. Our room was very clean and we enjoyed the two king sized beds. I cannot stress how clean the entire hotel was - I am very picky about these things, but they were fantastic. We had a problem with the TV and someone came to fix it within 2 minutes of me requesting assistance. The free continental breakfast was full of options for my picky children. There was nothng I would change about our stay and I will definitely book this hotel again when visiting the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear My_two_boys2014,
Thank you for the wonderful review. Because of the easy access and short distance to the downtown area and museums we are a great location for families. Our goal is to provide a clean and comfortable room at a fair price. I will let the staff know their efforts are appreciated. We hope you will include the Holiday Inn Express in your travel plans the next time you come to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The hotel is relatively new and clean! Front desk folks welcomed us and were very friendly. The room was clean and although it appeared the hotel was sold out, we didn't hear anyone. That is always great. When visiting the area I will always stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Dan48331,

Thank you for your review. We are one of the newest hotels in the Indianapolis market. Our goal is to provide you with a clean and comfortable room. I will let our staff know you appreciated their efforts. In addition to being the only hotel in the US with two king beds in every room, we also have considered noise when designing the building. We are one of a very few hotels in Indianapolis that is acoustically engineered. Since we are conveniently located and on an interstate highway this feature allows guest to have good night’s sleep. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My husband, two teen-aged grandchildren and I just returned from staying the weekend at this property. The hotel was clean, the staff (for the most part) were friendly & helpful, and the room spacious & comfortable. My only complaint (and reason for the rating of 4) was breakfast the first morning had biscuits & gravy as an option. However, the biscuits were dry and hard as a brick and when I asked the lady in there if she was aware the biscuits were hard, her reply was "oh, the lights sometimes do that"...no offer of fixing by bringing fresh ones out, no apology, etc. The second morning, breakfast was better, but the "breakfast lady" seemed harried and irritated when I asked for a rag to clean a table for my family. These are minor inconveniences compared to the otherwise enjoyable experience @ this hotel. I especially want to name PAIGE and LINDA as excellent examples of front-desk personnel. Both were extremely helpful, friendly and pleasant - wonderful good-will ambassadors for your company! Thank you for the pleasant weekend accommodations!

Room Tip: We had a very nice & spacious room with 2 king beds and a sofa bed. Also included in the room wa...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Vicki S
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Vicki S,
Thank you for the great review. A clean and comfortable room is our goal. I will tell our front desk staff and housekeeping staff their efforts are appreciated. A complaint is a gift and I would like to thank you for letting us know about our biscuits. I do apologize this of course is not the norm and will use it as a learning experience to improve our staff. We hope you will allow us the opportunity to learn and provide the complete “Smart Start Breakfast” that our guests have come to love. Please allow us the opportunity to serve when your travels bring you back to Indianapolis.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Prior to this visit, I was dead set against any Holiday Inn of any kind. This stay at this Holiday Inn Express changed all that, as this was likely the best overnight experience I have ever had in this price range of hotels! It was absolutely wonderful; clean, well lit, very cheerful staff, beautiful large rooms, beds and bathrooms. I will definitely stay at this one again, and MAY try another Holiday Inn Express!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank peter k
HolidayInnExpressGSM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Peter K,

Thank you for the great review. The Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast is the only hotel in the world with two king beds and 42”TVs in every room. Our goal is to provide a clean and comfortable room at a great value. I will let our staff know you appreciated their efforts. We invite you to visit us the next time your travels bring you to Indianapolis.