Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast
Ranked #64 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 29 July 2009

Our bathroom door would not shut, Carl at the front desk told us to try lifting it to close. The pool was so dirty you couldn't see you feet and stunk like urine. Hottub water was in same condition as pool and the heater did not work. Returned to room to watch movies and found that the cable was out. Carl advised he was aware it was out but couldn't do anything and failed to inform us when we checked in. We checked out and will never return. There are numerous hotels just down the road priced the same but up-kept much better.

2  Thank OhioMommy74
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2010

Dear OhioMommy74,

I thank you for taking time to write your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

I have been here since the hotel opened, April 14, 2008, and in the 2 years we have been in business, there has not been an employee named Carl at our property. We keep maintenance on site 24 hours a day, and before the pool and hot tub are opened, they are required to check the pool and hot tub to make sure the chlorine and pH levels are within acceptable limits. Finally, our cable is through Comcast, and as a result we cannot control the signal.

I do hope the next time you are in Indianapolis, you do choose to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Reviewed 27 July 2009

Hotel was close to the downtown area, easy to reach off the highway. Nice big rooms, clean, friendly staff, pricing not bad.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2010

Dear tclaus,

Thank you for taking time to review the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you are ever in Indianapolis again, please do not hesitate to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Reviewed 20 July 2009

The pool was rather small, it was so crowded we never even got a chance to use it. The breakfast foods were tasteless, at best.
Mainly: Be prepared to have a little extra in your charge account - they add a $50 per day charge for "incidentals" and we never even charged anything to our room!! We received our bill with an extra $100 tacked on, I asked why, they explained (as I mentioned earlier), I responded that I didn't buy anything in the hotel and they said they always add the $50 per night, no matter if you buy anything (movies or whatever) or not, to cover "just in case". I explained that I was very upset about being charged for something I didn't buy, I was told that they always "refund" the money within 7 - 10 business days - gee thanks. I have never been charged in this way at any other hotel/motel.

1  Thank MickmeMan
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2010

Dear MickmeMan,

I am glad that you took time to review our hotel. I am, however, concerned that you had some problems with your stay, as we strive for Total Guest Satisfaction.

All major brand hotels, whether it is a Holiday Inn, Comfort Inn, Best Western, Clarion Inn, (I personally have worked at all 4) authorize an additional amount for incidentals. This amount is determined by the hotel itself. This authorization is held until you checkout, at which time an electronic message is sent to the issuing bank that the authorization is no longer needed. However, credit and debit cards take different amounts of time to release. A credit card typically takes 1-2 business days, a debit card 3-5 business days.

I hope this clears up any confusion you might have had and I do hope when you come to Indianapolis in the future you choose the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Reviewed 18 July 2009

It was a pleasure to stay somewhere that was as nice as our home. The large king size beds. The sheets and the bedding were very nice and comfortable. It was great having the extra pillows and not having to ask for them. The large flat screen TV was a great joy. Te breakfast was good, hot and the area clean.

Finally hotels are starting to move with the time. Who would want to go stay somewhere and pay for it when the place isn't even as nice as your home. The large king beds and linens are VIP to people. The updated flat screen TVs make you want to come back.

We are planning to book next year 2010 at this same hotel.

Respectfully
Nikki Graham
Waterloo IN

Dear IndianaWaterloo,

I appreciate the time that you took to review the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am very happy to hear that your stay with us was extremely nice and that you will be staying with us in 2010. Anytime after that, should you be in Indianapolis, do not hesitate to stay at the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast

Reviewed 5 July 2009

My husband and I booked 3 rooms for a family reunion. I've never written a critical review of a hotel before, but this was a very disappointing stay. First, the good. The facility was very nice, adequate parking, and very quiet despite a noisy location. The beds were all king-sized and very comfortable. Housekeepers did a great job of getting rooms cleaned quickly. Free breakfast held a good selection and fair quality. The bad - the swimming pool room smelled like urine, and the pool had so much chlorine you could not see your feet when standing in waist-deep water. It burned our eyes just to be in the room. The pool was murky and had a bad smell. We had requested a crib for our 11-month old grandchild (3 months in advance), and when we checked in we were assured that one was available for her. One hour dater, when our son's family arrived, they were told the crib had been taken by someone else and that it was only a "request" on our reservation - could not be reserved. I can understand an upper-floor room or certain kinds of pillows being a request, but really, a bed for an infant? (Family had flown in, so did not have anything with them.) The manager and front-desk clerk were totally unconcerned and didn't want to help at all. My husband finally called to find a local rental agency in Greenwood, and they were wonderfully accommodating. We had to carry in and set up the crib ourselves (using sheets purchased at Wal-Mart), and again the manager was very dismissive and showed no interest in helping. We couldn't even use the business center to look up rentals online, as the internet was not working (we reported it, and two days later it was still not working). I wonder if the management has changed since the last review of Nov. 2008, since our experience seemed much different from the ones reported at that time.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Traveler2044
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2010

Dear Traveler2044,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

At our hotel, we have 24 hour maintenance on site, and they are required, before opening the pool area, to check the pool and the hot tub to make sure the chlorine and pH are within an acceptable range. When making a reservation, any additional item, whether it be a rollaway bed, a crib, location in the hotel is a request, and I do apologize that the request was unable to be granted.

I do hope that the next time you are in Indianapolis, you decided to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast

Reviewed 25 November 2008

A 4 weeks stay at Indianapolis for a consulting contract with Eli Lilly was my experience with Holiday Inn Express. Week 1&2 were at Holiday Inn Express at Down town area, but unfortunately the small swimming pool went into maintenance and the gym machines were not in good conditions, So I moved south to this new building Holiday Inn Express Beech Grove-Indianapolis Southeast, and surprise!, for the same rate 119.99 a got a roooomy doble king with studio, all as expected in a new construction building hotel. Staff very well trainied, breakfast more like a buffet style than a continental type, and best of all the swimming pool it's larger thant any other hotel os this brand I stayed before, you really can swim in it.

I really recomend it, and there is a double points offer this fall after all!!, bisides I am a platinum member a get 50% extra points.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear Franciscquito,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am glad to hear that your stay with us was pleasant and enjoyable. The next time you are in Indianapolis, do not hesitate to choose the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast

Reviewed 17 September 2008

My wife and I attended a machine tool show about a block away from this motel and our reservations were made by the company hosting the show. We travel quite a lot for our business and we found this to be one of the best stays we have ever had. Each of the staff members we met were very friendly, outgoing and obviously well trained. It's refreshing to be made to feel as though you are welcome guests instead meeting the apathy we often find in motel staff.

At check in we were told each guest gets two complimentary drinks each evening and while we didn't take advantage of this we noticed several people enjoying a beer and snacks as we made our way out to dinner. With fresh scrambled eggs and sausage the free breakfast was more like a breakfast buffet than the continental breakfast we expected.

This is a new facility and has only been in operation for about 6 months so we expected everything to be new and fresh. What we didn't expect was the obvious attention to detail and the obvious extra effort for customer comfort. Our room was a "standard room" but it included free Wi-Fi, a plasma TV and two king-size beds instead of the usual queen-size or smaller beds. Even the ice machine/vending area shows the owner's attention to detail. Everything is enclosed in a room with a door so that it is soundproofed from the guests rooms. But what I found most interesting was that the soda machine offered both Coke and Pepsi products. A staff member told us the manager talked to nearly every distributor in Indianapolis before he found one willing to provide both.

Overall I would say this is among the top 10 motels at which we have stayed. For this level of service we would expect to pay quite a bit more than the $94.00 our room cost.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear Sknovr,

I want to thank you for taking the time and submitting a review of the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. As the Guest Service Manager, I am glad your stay with us was enjoyable. Should you be in Indianapolis again, do not hesitate to choose the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis.