“Outstanding service”

Ranked #61 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Chicago, Illinois
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

I spoke with Mr. Smrz about a very old, missing receipt that I need for my records. Others I'd spoken with the day before were unable to help. Not only was he able to find the receipt, he did so in less than 3 minutes and emailed it to me immediately. Best of all, I could hear his smile over the phone. This was great customer service, which is, unfortunately, pretty uncommon. Great Job!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, 11 July 2010
Dear The2ndGrim,

I appreciate the time that you spent reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am happy to hear that Mr. Smrz was able to help you retrieve your receipt. I do hope that whenever you are in town overnight, the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast will be your first choice of hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2010

First of, I got a great price for this hotel on Hotwire & once it was booked, I checked here for reviews. I was a little wary with all the negative comments. But there's no turning back once you pay.
That being said, I could not be more surprised when I walked into a very nicely decorated lobby. We were able to check in much earlier than its stated time, & there was no problem pulling up the reservation I made the night before. Still expecting the worst, our room hed 2 king sized beds, a flat screen TV, microwave & fridge, a rain showerhead & modern decor. The room was large & it was clean! My kids' feet weren't disgusting after running around w/o shoes & there were no gross mold or errant hairs in the bathroom. My only complaint was that the bed was too firm but I liked they had firm & soft pillows to choose from.
We also enjoyed the indoor pool (yes it was cold until you got used to it) & the hot tub. The gym had several machines with towels, TV, & a water cooler. Every area needed a key card for access, & cameras were everywhere.
The breakfast was a nice selection of scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, breads, & yogurt, plus tea/coffee/juices. It wasn't gourmet or real health conscience, but much better than most free breakfasts. They offer 2 free drinks in the evenings during the week.
Check out was breeze --since I prepaid, they slipped a blank invoice under my door & I just had to turn in the keys. All the staff was friendly & I was asked if my stay was satisfactory. I've checked my CC, & there have been no billing issues.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Dear Kent_Stater,

I appreciate the candid review of the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am pleased to know that your stay was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. At the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast, we strive for Total Guest Satisfaction. With that being said, the next time you are in Indianapolis, please do not hesitate to stay with our hotel.
Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

What a surprise. We booked a standard room with two beds. The staff was quiet but friendly. The room was super huge! My husband and I were traveling with our 17 yr old son. Got to the room to find two king beds with plenty of room to do aerobics all around lol. Room came with fridge and a microwave, different types of pillows (firm, soft). Room was spotless. This was a gem.

Absolutely will stay here again. Great for families. So much room, very comfy!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Dear NativeGirl47,

I thank you for the time that you spent reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am thrilled to hear that you will "absolutely stay" with us again, and that the rooms were "very comfy". The next time you are in Indianapolis, do not hesitate to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.
indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

Not trust worthy people! Overcharged for a "no-show" room because they made a new reservation rather than use an existing reservation and won't do anything about the charge. I have to fight it & dispute it through my credit card company! Poor management and awful general management! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, enemies or friends!! BEWARE! They only want money, not customer satisfaction!! BEWARE!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank mmmcirish
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, 6 July 2010
Dear mmmcirish,

I want to thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. Each reservation has a separate confirmation number for each room reserved, whether or not multiple rooms were reserved originally. I am sorry that you had some difficulty with your reservation, however, it is ultimately the guest's responsibility to make sure that unneeded reservations are canceled by the cancellation deadline. If a reservation is not canceled by that time, a charge of one night's room and tax is charged to the guest's credit card.

I do hope in the future when traveling through Indianapolis you decided to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

The management is very scary and not to be trusted. They will over charge your bill and will not cooperate with you if you have a complaint. I would never stay here if it was the last hotel on earth.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Claudel2653
Dear Claudel2653,

I wish to thank you for your review. All of our Guest Service Representatives are empowered to handle and resolve any complaint that is presented to them. As for being overcharged, this could be simply a misunderstanding when using a debit or credit card. We authorize, as does the entire hospitality industry, the full amount of the stay plus an additional amount for any incidentals that may incur during your stay. When you check out, this authorization is released and sent to your bank.

It is my hope that the next time you are in Indianapolis, that you do choose to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.
Fairfield, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2010

My husband and I were visiting Indianapolis for the NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four in April 2010. The hotel provided quick access to the highway into downtown. We could get to the stadium in a matter of 15 minutes. There were several fast food restaurants nearby but not much in the way of finer dining restaurants. The room and bathroom were clean and fresh (the hotel is only a couple of years old), the bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows, and the complimentary breakfast offered scrambled eggs and sausage in addition to the regular breakfast fare in a spacious pleasant room. There was a small but adequate fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub. We did not take advantage of these offerings but they seemed well maintained. The only feature that proved to be less than expected was the" internet access". There was one tiny room with one computer with service comparable to old dial up internet -- very slow and full of gliches. Don't plan on using their internet. Likewise, our T.V. reception was poor despite the new flat screen T.V. in the room. We found the hotel to be quite satisfactory compared to the price we would have paid to stay downtown.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Dick-Karen,

Thank you for taking time to review the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. In May, our hotel's cable was replaced by a completely digital signal, a feature that our 42" 1080p LCD TVs were designed for. I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. If you are ever in Indianapolis again, please do not hesitate to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast
IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

As a platinum priority club member we usually enjoy late check outs. The lady at the front desk was very rude. Even shut our air conditioning off with the control swith located at the front desk. Beware!!! This was the only rude employee we met, but she is on a mission. Not priority club member friendly!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank InMarvin
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this review, 5 July 2010
Dear InMarvin,

Thank you for the time you spent to review our hotel. I am sorry that your stay with us was not perfect.

As a Priority Club Member, all members enjoy a late checkout of up to 2pm. This time is based on the hotel's availability and must be requested from the Front Desk. However, the day that you stayed with us, the next day we did have a large bus tour arriving at 12:30pm. Therefore, as the Guest Service Representative did tell you, we could only accommodate a 12:00 noon late checkout, as our normal checkout time is 11:00am.

The next time you are in Indianapolis, I do hope that you give us another chance.

Kevin J Smrz