“As others have said-Verify the price before checking in-”

Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast
Ranked #62 of 185 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We booked a room for two nights and were told we would be charged $153 per night, and even got a confirmation fax stating that amount. When we arrived, we were told the price was $190 because the final four tournament was in town. We produced the fax which showed we were quoted the $153 price, and the manager pointed out the "fine print" which stated that the price on the confirmation was an estimated nightly rate and could be revised without notice. When he refused to honor the quoted amount and we threatened to leave, he said our card would be charged anyway, because of the required two week advance cancellation policy. (more fine print). We had no choice but to stay. Thieves-plain and simple. We called corporate office at least a half dozen times-they were no help at all. I know all Holiday Inn express locations are not this way, but this one made me swear i'll try every other place in town before i ever stay at another one. From reading the other reviews complaining about the same thing, i've noticed the manager (jerk) has always come on and given a very polite rebuttal as to why this happened, but there was no excuse for this. Our trip was somewhat ruined because we hated staying there due to the fact we knew we got ripped off-and there wasn't a damn thing we could do about it. Once he has your Credit card number, you are at his mercy. STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bjlightfoot
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2010

Dear bjlightfoot,

I appreciate the time that you took to review the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. When a person makes a reservation, they are quoted one rate. Later changes to this reservation can, in fact, change the rate, either by raising the rate, or by lowering it. There are times in the year where our hotel does have an extended Cancellation Deadline, anywhere from 7 days to 30 days. Examples of this include this Indianapolis 500, the Brickyard 400, Moto GP, Circle City Classic, and the NCAA Final Four. I do hope that when you come to Indianapolis again, you do choose to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast

Reviewed 9 July 2010

I spoke with Mr. Smrz about a very old, missing receipt that I need for my records. Others I'd spoken with the day before were unable to help. Not only was he able to find the receipt, he did so in less than 3 minutes and emailed it to me immediately. Best of all, I could hear his smile over the phone. This was great customer service, which is, unfortunately, pretty uncommon. Great Job!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2010

Dear The2ndGrim,

I appreciate the time that you spent reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am happy to hear that Mr. Smrz was able to help you retrieve your receipt. I do hope that whenever you are in town overnight, the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast will be your first choice of hotel.

Reviewed 3 July 2010

First of, I got a great price for this hotel on Hotwire & once it was booked, I checked here for reviews. I was a little wary with all the negative comments. But there's no turning back once you pay.
That being said, I could not be more surprised when I walked into a very nicely decorated lobby. We were able to check in much earlier than its stated time, & there was no problem pulling up the reservation I made the night before. Still expecting the worst, our room hed 2 king sized beds, a flat screen TV, microwave & fridge, a rain showerhead & modern decor. The room was large & it was clean! My kids' feet weren't disgusting after running around w/o shoes & there were no gross mold or errant hairs in the bathroom. My only complaint was that the bed was too firm but I liked they had firm & soft pillows to choose from.
We also enjoyed the indoor pool (yes it was cold until you got used to it) & the hot tub. The gym had several machines with towels, TV, & a water cooler. Every area needed a key card for access, & cameras were everywhere.
The breakfast was a nice selection of scrambled eggs, sausage, cereals, breads, & yogurt, plus tea/coffee/juices. It wasn't gourmet or real health conscience, but much better than most free breakfasts. They offer 2 free drinks in the evenings during the week.
Check out was breeze --since I prepaid, they slipped a blank invoice under my door & I just had to turn in the keys. All the staff was friendly & I was asked if my stay was satisfactory. I've checked my CC, & there have been no billing issues.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Dear Kent_Stater,

I appreciate the candid review of the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am pleased to know that your stay was enjoyable and exceeded your expectations. At the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast, we strive for Total Guest Satisfaction. With that being said, the next time you are in Indianapolis, please do not hesitate to stay with our hotel.

Reviewed 26 June 2010

What a surprise. We booked a standard room with two beds. The staff was quiet but friendly. The room was super huge! My husband and I were traveling with our 17 yr old son. Got to the room to find two king beds with plenty of room to do aerobics all around lol. Room came with fridge and a microwave, different types of pillows (firm, soft). Room was spotless. This was a gem.

Absolutely will stay here again. Great for families. So much room, very comfy!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Dear NativeGirl47,

I thank you for the time that you spent reviewing the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. I am thrilled to hear that you will "absolutely stay" with us again, and that the rooms were "very comfy". The next time you are in Indianapolis, do not hesitate to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Reviewed 26 May 2010

Not trust worthy people! Overcharged for a "no-show" room because they made a new reservation rather than use an existing reservation and won't do anything about the charge. I have to fight it & dispute it through my credit card company! Poor management and awful general management! I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, enemies or friends!! BEWARE! They only want money, not customer satisfaction!! BEWARE!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank mmmcirish
KevinGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis - Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2010

Dear mmmcirish,

I want to thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. Each reservation has a separate confirmation number for each room reserved, whether or not multiple rooms were reserved originally. I am sorry that you had some difficulty with your reservation, however, it is ultimately the guest's responsibility to make sure that unneeded reservations are canceled by the cancellation deadline. If a reservation is not canceled by that time, a charge of one night's room and tax is charged to the guest's credit card.

I do hope in the future when traveling through Indianapolis you decided to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Reviewed 7 May 2010

The management is very scary and not to be trusted. They will over charge your bill and will not cooperate with you if you have a complaint. I would never stay here if it was the last hotel on earth.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Claudel2653

Dear Claudel2653,

I wish to thank you for your review. All of our Guest Service Representatives are empowered to handle and resolve any complaint that is presented to them. As for being overcharged, this could be simply a misunderstanding when using a debit or credit card. We authorize, as does the entire hospitality industry, the full amount of the stay plus an additional amount for any incidentals that may incur during your stay. When you check out, this authorization is released and sent to your bank.

It is my hope that the next time you are in Indianapolis, that you do choose to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast.

Reviewed 8 April 2010

My husband and I were visiting Indianapolis for the NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four in April 2010. The hotel provided quick access to the highway into downtown. We could get to the stadium in a matter of 15 minutes. There were several fast food restaurants nearby but not much in the way of finer dining restaurants. The room and bathroom were clean and fresh (the hotel is only a couple of years old), the bed was comfortable with plenty of pillows, and the complimentary breakfast offered scrambled eggs and sausage in addition to the regular breakfast fare in a spacious pleasant room. There was a small but adequate fitness center, indoor pool and hot tub. We did not take advantage of these offerings but they seemed well maintained. The only feature that proved to be less than expected was the" internet access". There was one tiny room with one computer with service comparable to old dial up internet -- very slow and full of gliches. Don't plan on using their internet. Likewise, our T.V. reception was poor despite the new flat screen T.V. in the room. We found the hotel to be quite satisfactory compared to the price we would have paid to stay downtown.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Dick-Karen,

Thank you for taking time to review the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast. In May, our hotel's cable was replaced by a completely digital signal, a feature that our 42" 1080p LCD TVs were designed for. I am glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable. If you are ever in Indianapolis again, please do not hesitate to stay with the Holiday Inn Express Indianapolis Southeast