“Wonderful change”

Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 18 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I usually stay at a convenient big name hotel close to my place of work, but due to a convention of some type, everything was sold out. I found the Nestle Inn and decided to give it a try. What a wonderful break from the normal business grind. While privacy, access to internet, and quiet still allowed for me to work during the evenings, I enjoyed the proximity to a variety of restaurants and a part of the city I may not have ever known. This was during a snow storm as well. What a beautiful location to take in the snow. Leesa was friendly and accommodating, yet mindful of privacy. I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank gharbold
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thanks so much for trying us out. I'm glad you were pleased with your experience. I appreciated your feedback as a business traveller. We will be glad to see you again the next time you are in town. Thanks again. Leesa

There are newer reviews for Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 27 February 2013

A friend and I stumbled onto Nestle while in for a weekend. It was an amazing experience! They are right in the theater district, within walking distance to shows, restaurants and stores. The rates were excellent for what you get, especially when compared to the traditional hotels in the downtown area. We had the 2 room suite on the second floor. It was very nicely decorated with a cast iron clawfoot tub. The entire house was very warm and cozy. There was a common area on our floor with a large sitting area, tea/coffee center, free soda and water, and even a fridge and microwave. On the main floor, there is a very nice, well-stocked library and sitting area, dining room (where breakfasts are served) as well as an antique piano in the landing area. The owner Leesa was very pleasant and helpful with directions, what to do, etc. The dessert samples left for us in the evening were a nice surprise too! Perfect getaway with friends, family, romantic or business. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent! There is no swimming pool or fitness center (don't know how to desi...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mymemories
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

So glad you enjoyed the Inn. I really enjoyed your enthusiasm for our location and so glad you had a nice time in Indy. I enjoyed talking with you and I'm so glad you stayed with us. I hope to see you and your family at the Inn soon........we aren't that far from you! Leesa

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I just got back from a quick trip to Indy where I stayed one night at the Nestle Inn.

Everything about the Inn was wonderful.

I think one of the worries about staying at a B&B for some people is feeling obligated to have more interaction with the owners and other guests than you would like. Not true at Nestle Inn. The owner Leesa was welcoming and helpful, but when you didn't need her she quietly disappeared. We were only there from a Sunday afternoon until Monday morning, but we barely saw anyone else during our stay. Since the owners live in the carriage house behind the Inn, it actually felt like you were just coming home at the end of the night...walking into your own home.

We stayed in the suite which has a sitting room with a daybed, desk and TV. The bedroom has a king bed, seating at the foot of the bed (very convenient), chair, wardrobe, TV and electric fireplace with heater that can be turned on or off so it can be used year round. The bathroom between the two spaces is huge and has a separate shower plus a claw foot tub.

There are several public spaces to relax outside of your room. Beverage stations offer free water bottles, soda, tea, coffee and biscotti.

Honestly, there is nothing I would change about the Inn...including the location. Just one block from vibrant Mass Ave, staying here means you don't have to drive to go to dinner, the theater or for drinks.

And while B&Bs can sometimes be a really pricey way to stay, Nestle Inn was less expensive than the downtown hotels that we checked out. When you factored in the breakfast and free parking, it really was a deal.

Room Tip: If you want 2 beds, then go for the suite. I think there is also one king room that can be swapped i...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

I'm so glad you found us and stayed at Nestle Inn. Really enjoyed talking to you and learning about your business. Your feedback is really important to us and we appreicate your review. I hope you are back in Indy soon...don't forget to stop by Midland Arts and Antiques. Leesa

Reviewed 18 February 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend in Indianapolis looking to just see what the city had to offer. The Nestle Inn was a perfect home base. The inn is in an extremely convenient location just a block away from Massachusetts Avenue, which is full of interesting independent shops and restaurants. It was nice be able to easily park the car on the street as opposed to having to get it in and out of a huge deck at a downtown hotel, not to mention avoiding the $30/day parking fees!

The inn itself is really lovely, nice spacious rooms and three comfortable sitting rooms with a good supply of baked treats, coffee and soft drinks. We stayed at the weekend, and the in-house breakfast was just right, an excellent variety of fruit/yogurt and baked goods as well as a substantial entree. Leesa is warm yet professional owner/host. We have done a substantial bit of traveling in the UK and Europe in B&Bs and small, family hotels and the Nestle Inn rates very favorably in that top category of inns that provide a most pleasant stay.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OxonRG9
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Inn and our Mass ave/downtown Indy location. Given your B&B travel experience, we are honored to be considered in your top list! We really appreciate your feedback and we hope you come back to Indy soon and stay with us again. Thank You. Leesa

Reviewed 21 January 2013

My family stayed in the Nestle Inn during Thanksgiving 2012. There was a total of 11 of us, 6 adults and 5 children. We truly had such a wonderful time. The Inn is spotless; from the common areas, bedrooms, bathrooms to the kitchen and eating area. Each beautifully decorated bedroom has a TV, a very comfortable bed and its own private bathroom. It is such a quaint and relaxing (along with beautiful!!) home to be able to visit. We were lucky enough to be there on the weekend and enjoy the delicious breakfast at the Inn. The menu was different every morning and included a main dish, fruit, juice (which changed everyday too!), scones or breads, potatoes, bruchetta, and great bagels with awesome toppings. Every detail to comfort and a "homey" feeling is thought of at the Nestle Inn. The upstairs common area had fresh coffee waiting for us every morning before breakfast along with some snack mix and ice water throughout the day for our enjoyment. There is also a microwave and refrigerator at this area for the guests to use. The women loved to get up and get a cup of coffee to enjoy while talking in the library before the kids woke up in the morning. We played games in the common area in the evenings before going to bed and had such a wonderful and memorable time. Leesa was the perfect hostess. She gave us recommendations for dinner, shopping and even brought us mittens and hats to borrow for walking & shopping down Mass Ave. Dont miss the opportunity to visit this truly unique and special Inn!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed the Inn. I think we had a great time too! The Inn is perfect for families and you have certainly pointed out why. Your family was a real joy to have stay at the Inn and we appreciated your enthusiasm for the bagels! We hope to see you again either for a weekend or perhaps another holiday visit! Leesa

Reviewed 26 November 2012

My husband and I got tickets for a Chris Isaak concert (he was great!) at the Murat, and I looked online for a nearby place to stay. Although we usually stay at chain hotels, I saw that the Nestle Inn was very close to the venue and to plenty of restaurants, so we decided to book it.

We were not disappointed! It is a beautiful old home, and I look forward to finding out more about the history of the place. It was spotless, the owner, Leesa, was very welcoming, and it was very comfortable. We were in town for only a brief time, so didn't get to spend much time at the Nestle, but I would love to come back and spend a little time in the library...I noticed an entire shelf dedicated to books about Frank Lloyd Wright, and that was a big plus for me!

Leesa was helpful with suggestions about where to eat, and it turned out that her first mention was a place I had already found online and it was where we were planning on eating. It was excellent (The Rathskellar), so her recommendations are good ones. My husband appreciated the coffee available the next morning, and I enjoyed the delicious Butter Bars set out for us.

This was a very enjoyable experience, and I would recommend the Nestle Inn to anyone planning a visit to Indianapolis. This is in a very vibrant area, with plenty of theaters, pubs, and art galleries within walking distance. Parking is free on the street, as well as in a lot very close by.

Room Tip: We stayed in the King Suite. Large and comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Leesa S, Owner at Nestle Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2012

Glad to hear our location worked out well for you and that you enjoyed staying at the Inn. Next time you are in town to attend an event at The Murat, we hope you will stay with us again! Leesa

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I have stayed in many wonderful B&B's, but Nestle Inn tops them all.

Leesa and Melissa, the hosts, are warm, friendly, and incredibly helpful without ever being overbearing. They accommodated me in every way possible, from giving me good tips on local restaurants and museums to bringing me an iron at 10pm to my last-minute request to stay an extra night, and they always did so with a warm smile.

The inn itself is tastefully decorated and well positioned. A small kitchenette allows guests to enjoy their own food and drinks at any time, and both the common spaces and rooms are tastefully decorated. The library is a particular treat for anyone who enjoys reading, writing, or simply sitting and thinking. While the inn is just a short 10-minute walk from the heart of downtown, the real draw for me was the Mass Avenue arts district in which the inn is at the heart. This neighborhood features wonderful boutique shops, local restaurants, cafes, and pubs, and some of the happiest and friendliest people I have ever met. I immediately felt like a local.

On weekdays guests receive a voucher for breakfast at the next-door cafe, which suited me perfectly. (The inn serves breakfast on weekends.) The coffee and food at Henry's is great, the staff are friendly (yet again), and the convenience of eating on my own schedule was greatly appreciated.

I cannot recommend this B&B strongly enough. It is a true gem.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business