“Pros & Cons”

Old Northside Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #2 of 18 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
“Pros & Cons”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Pros: Location, off-street parking, the hostess.
Cons: Overall, the inn is oddly decorated. I counted 51 plastic flower arrangements in the common areas. There is so much stuff that you can't appreciate the fireplace, woodwork, architecture, etc. A good cleaning would help. Only saw our room (Tiffany) and the 'Wedding Suite.' Our room was as filled with as much stuff as the house, the bed was not comfortable, and the bathroom a bit crowded. The Wedding Suite was in the basement, no windows, musty, and not romantic at all!
Saving grace: We had great conversations with the hostess.
We will be looking for another B&B when we return to Indy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Debbie F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hebrew first
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The charm of this Bed and Breakfast is never-ending. It starts with a knock at the back door, and we are greeted into the now familiar smell of baking cookies and banana bread. Our host has thought of every possible comfort, including a pantry full of sweet and salty snacks, soft drinks and the aforementioned cookies. Seasonal displays and a ginormous collection of video movies are found everywhere we look. The rooms are pristine, beds are comfy, and jacuzzi tubs are irresistible.

Equally charming are our fellow guests, and enjoying the wonderful breakfast family style gives another dimension to our stay..and we can never get enough of that banana bread. Our 5th visit. Hope for many more!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Had 15 family members in town for Thanksgiving and needed a "home away from home" for many of them. I contacted Gary, the Innkeeper, who was incredibly helpful in making arrangements and accommodating our needs. The rooms were private and comfortable. Gary's hospitality was supurb. They all raved about the cookie jar. Besides being a great place to stay, it is well located in a small neighboorhood just north of downtown Indianapolis but easy to get to I-65 or I-70 Off street parking was a major plus!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nancy B
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Tiffany Room for our anniversary. The room was very nice. It had a 2 person jacuzzi, large walk-in shower, large closet, and comfortable king size bed. We really liked the fireplace, and the way the window above the bed glowed at night. I will try to include pics. There were plenty of snacks and Fresh Baked Cookies for cookie monsters like myself. The room had basic cable service, a VCR/DVD player, WI-fi service, and a HUGE collection of movies to choose from. Gary was a superb host and seems like an all around cool guy. He gave us a tour of the house and it was obvious to us that he truly cares about providing a quality experience to his guests. Other rooms that stood out to us were The Hollywood Room, really cool, and The Literary Room was notable.

Breakfast was great and you can pretty much choose the time you eat, up to 9:30am There were so many breakfast foods provided it felt more like a breakfast buffet. Gary's home made banana nut bread was our favorite.

There were plenty of clean towels available to us in the room, soft facial tissue, and clean linen. There is a private and well lit parking area behind the house with video surveillance for the safety of your vehicle.

This was only our third B & B experience. I would definitely recommend it! My only regret is that I didn't take some of Gary's home made cookies with me when we left.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Danny M
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed a night here while in Indianapolis. Gary is an amazing host, fun to talk to and makes some amazing baked goods! This was my first B&B experience and I must say it is delightful.

The rooms are quiet and furnished to be relaxing. I slept so well I never wanted to wake up! Gary made a fantastic breakfast and the pricing was great when I compare to the average hotel stay.

The house has all sorts of fun things to look at or play with including a diverse movie library, books on the sorrounding area, and a piano. The neighborhood is cute and by some great restaurants.

My only complaint, if you could call it that, was that I was so relaxed and mellow during my stay I didn't get any extra work done :). I would love to stay here again, just for a vacation though so I can thoroughly enjoy the hospitality and not feel bad for neglecting my work :).

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Peekie45
Notre Dame, IN
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I stayed for two nights and I loved it! Gary was a gracious and friendly host, and he created a warm and welcoming atmosphere, the room (Dewenter) was lovely, the breakfast was fantastic, excellent home-made cookies and soft drinks were available any time, free wi fi, free parking. Really, stay here!
The B&B is a beautiful home in a historic neighborhood, with a lot of character and very comfortable. It is close to downtown, with a convenient location if you don't want to drive, any taxi trip is just $5 inside the downtown area.
I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank adi07
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We have stayed at the Old Northside Inn B&B in Indianapolis a number of times and have always have a wonderful experience! The atmosphere is warm and romantic and our hosts, the Hofmeisters, always make us feel entirely at home.
During breakfasts, which are very tasty, we have met many very congenial people and spent quite a bit of time just chatting with them.
We highly recommend this B&B!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have one or two person jacuzzis in them-very nice for a cozy night.