“Horrible Horrible Horrible”

Waterfront Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #139 of 186 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This hotel was dirty, outdated, and the service was terrible. The bathroom was really dirty. The only ready we stayed there was because we were required to do so by our club team in order to participate in the tournament over the weekend.

There was no breakfast like at other hotels, all they had was milk, coffee and some cereal.
One of the other parents said he didnt have a fridge or a microwave, and there was no shower head in his shower!

The head of security (or as she stated she was) was this mean old blond lady. She kept nagging us the whole day and night too while we were at the bar playing pool. She thought that because she was an employee of the hotel she could talk to anyone however she wanted and it was fine. I will definetly put a complaint with corporate on this one.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! If it wasnt for the entire club staying there, I am sure they wouldnt even have any service.

Room Tip: Dont reserve a room here!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 October 2012

Avoid this hotel if you can. It is in serious need of a makeover and the overall look is dingy, although you can tell it was once a nice hotel long ago. The front desk was also a strong negative. Even though the walls of the hotel are not very soundproof, the desk clerk put me right next to another family even though the hotel was about 95 percent vacant. I had to change rooms because the voices in the next room -- although not abnormally loud -- could clearly be heard. Believe it or not, you also need a key also to get into the business center and use the computer. After going through that, the computers did not work the day I was there. One strong plus, however, is the swimming pool which is very large.

Room Tip: Ask not to be placed in a room next to someone else if possible since the rooms are not very well so...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Yes, the hotel is a bit run down. But the staff always go out of their way to offer help and assistance without fail. I've stayed at this hotel a number of times, and will do so again! I think it would be nice if the bar had a few morning hours, and (unfortunately) it appears that there's no more restaurant, but I vary rarely go to hotels for the attached restaurants (I'm a *HUGE* fan of checking out the local foodie hotspots where ever I am!). Luckily enough, only 8 minutes away is an *amazing* Indopak restaurant called Tandoori King (located at 7220 Rockville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46214).

Room Tip: The rooms near the atrium, are a bit noisy. So, if you're not fond of hearing late night folks e...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Not very clean. Pool area and breakfast area not well kept. If they truly revenovated the hotel they must have run low on cash by the time they got to our room. Holes in doors, carpet dirty, window locked by a wooden bar. Kind of scary. Luckily, we were only staying for one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We have stayed in this hotel many times. Its our home away from home. We love the service and the lounge and great food they offer. The free breakfast is about the same as any other. The restaurant they have here is awesome. GREAT FOOD!!!! The rooms to be honest with u it all depends on where u are at. This is an older hotel so the rooms in the back of the hotel are old lol... If you are gonna stay here get a room close to the atrium. We stayed in there suites for a few bucks more and it was well worth the money. The pool and hot tub are really nice. Its actually a real pool deep in one end and shallow in the other just like a pool should be. The hot tube is huge and hot and workout room is nice too. The service was awesome here as we checked out we noticed we had a flat tire with no spare one of there maitenance man I think his name was Paul saved our day he actually got us back on the road. It was our anniversary get away so with the restaurant and lounge and the suite it was nice to have it in all one spot.

Room Tip: Room 209 is very nice large suite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
dperino, General Manager at Waterfront Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to give us such a good review. I have shared your comments with the rest of the staff, including Paul. We are in the process of updating the *back wing* and look foward to seeing you the next time you are in town,

Reviewed 24 May 2012

My saga began when I entered my room only to find a strong cigarrette smell and had to change rooms. My replacement room initially seemed fine, but on closer observation left alot to be desired. The knobs on the AC were broken so I could not tell what the level was, The Hotel phone did not work, the Bathroom tub was filthy and the caulking in the bathroom was more suited to a Motel 6. I went to the fitness room and the cold water side was inoperative. My breakfast the following morning was scanty and the staff forgot to leave out bowls for oatmeal. I certainly expected more for close to $90.00 a night. Overall very poorly maintained and dirty atmosphere. Don't bother with this one.

Room Tip: Avoid the place
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Frederick S
dperino, General Manager at Waterfront Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

This post took me totally by surprise and I wish I had the opportunity to speak to this guest, because *a dump* is the furthest thing from the truth. Yes the property is older, but it is a clean place to stay and a great full service Hotel for the budget minded person. I do always encoiurage and appreciate constructive criticism and work hard to make this the best place to stay in Indianapolis.Thank you for letting me know about the Water Cooler and a new one was ordered immediately.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Beware of housekeeping. They ignore the do not disturb signs and enter your room. My room had personal items removed so "they could clean" even though we had late check out prearranged and a do not disturb sign on the door. I was so glad I had taken my laptop with me!! Hotel is not well maintained - smelly and dirty.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business