“Needs some work”

Ranked #142 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
Ohio
“Needs some work”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Dirty in general, room key didn't work most of the time because of a broken card reader, exterior entrance door #3 another broken card reader, loud people from a car club partying in the parking lot and left empty beer bottles in the bed of our truck, elevator broke down that evening, broken juice dispenser at breakfast. The theme of the hotel was "Out Of Order" doubt we'd stay again and we usually always stay at choice hotel properties so we're not looking for anything fancy just not in a dirty state of disrepair.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
dperino, General Manager at Waterfront Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Please accept my apology for your recent not so pleasant stay at our Hotel. Please be assured that the door locks have been fixed and the elevator was serviced immediately. We are working very hard to improve the property further and thankful for people who bring to our attention our short comings. I would love to host you again as our guest, and hope that you will give us another chance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Oswego, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is our 2nd year staying in this hotel for the Indy 500 and we have yet to be disappointed. Many improvements over last year so it made this years stay even more enjoyable. The staff and owner are very friendly and go out of their way to be accommodating to all of their guest. Not to mention the rooms are reasonably priced for a race weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
dperino, General Manager at Waterfront Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 1 June 2013
Thank you so very much for your review and so glad you joined us again this year for *that little race around the corner*. Our renovations are in full swing and we truly hope to see you again next year.

Warm regards, Doris
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Just returned back to Canada after five nights at this Clarion property in Indy. I was there for the INDY 500 but this location is not only close to the track, but close to many fine dining establishments and bars. They have a decent breakfast buffet and the staff is very pleasant. Very nice atrium that includes a large pool and hot tub/spa. Plenty of parking and generally a quiet hotel. Rooms are currently being upgraded.

I hope to return here for the 2014 race.

Room Tip: Rooms around the atrium are not as quiet as the rooms further away, however after 10PM there is no i...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
dperino, General Manager at Waterfront Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you so much for your review, we loved having you as our guest and truly hope to see you again next year for another great race. All our room renovations will be done by then as well.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

Just got back from 2013 Indy 500 and had a great time. We had a six night stay. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. They are currently going through upgrades to update the rooms. There is a very nice atrium with an indoor pool and hot tub. There location was great for all the activities we had planned, which were associated with the Indy 500. There isn't currently a restaurant on site but there a plenty of place to eat close buy and plenty of delivery services and you can eat right there in the atrium. They have a nice exercise room and a bar.

We'll be back, and all our friends said the same thing.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your review. We are so excited about the updates and renovations we have made and can't wait for you to see them next year.

Warm regards, Doris
Clayton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Just spent several days at this friendly clean hotel. The staff always tried to accommodate our needs. Friendly staff with many great new improvements to the facility. Hope to return next year at this same time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your great review. We are so glad you enjoyed your time at the Clarion Hotel and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Franklin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Clarion Hotel & Conference center during the weekend of qualifing for the Indy 500. The hotel is only about 7 minutes from the track and is also close to Speedway Park. The rooms are very nice (they are doing some remodeling but they are almost thru), quiet, and well kept. The lighting was good and I had fresh towels when needed. The bathroom and shower were very nice. The pool and whirlpool were excellant. I enjoyed a nice swim in the pool and a soak in the whirlpool for my back after a long day at the track. The Atrium was really nice and breakfast with waffles, sausage and eggs along with pasteries and fresh juice and milk (good coffee too!).The guest I met were friendly and the staff here is very nice, friendly and extremely helpful. I also enjoyed the lake veiw with the geese and ducks with their young walking about, fun to see. I didn't know much about this part of town and when I asked about a good resturant I was told to try Grindstone Charley's ... I was glad I did, good food and great service. My stay was excellant, no .... not everything perfect but what wasn't was no big deal. This hotel is making itself better and before long it will be one of the best hotels in Indy, and this is why I have already made reservations for next May here at the Clarion. Thanks to Ms. Patt O'Neil for her help at the desk on Monday morning, I will be seeing you all again .... thanks for the great time in Indy.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
dperino, General Manager at Waterfront Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Thank you so much for having taken the time to review our Hotel. It is greatly appreciated. Our staff takes great pride in good costumer service and we are working very hard to update the Hotel. Your positive comments made our day! Thank you again!
Elkhart, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

First the plus side, the desk clerk was efficient and quite friendly. The indoor pool and courtyard look nice but I never got the chance to use it because I walked out at 4:00 am.
Lighting in the room was dim, carpet dingy looking. The worst by far was the bathroom. It was poorly lite, the corners of the floor were dirty and the tile grout looked like it had not been cleaned or sealed in 20 years. I would not consider entering the bathroom without my shoes on. To top it off you needed to flush the stool three times to get anything down.

The reason I walked out was because of 2 things.
1. The heat/ac unit would fluctuate at least 5 degrees each way. One minute hot the next cold.
2. The walls must be paper thin around 2:00am at least 4 guys entered the room next door and preceded to be loud -- could clearly hear every word said even one guys burping! Now, I’m not blaming them they were just having a good time it’s the poor poor soundproofing.

At 4am I’d had had enough, packed my stuff, tossed my key card on the front desk and headed home with little to no sleep.

This is not worst place I’ve every stayed but Positively, Absolutely would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Clarion Hotel and I'm so sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I have adressed the issures with the appropriate Managers to make sure the issues you had will not be repeated with another guest. I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you and person and I can be reached at the Hotel 317.299.8400 or via e-mail doris@clarionwaterfront.net.

Warm regards,